Just a quick question

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Piney
I put up a new thread in environment today on the summit in Cancun and it is labelled as old.

Is there something I should be doing to either correct this or avoid this happening again?

Thanks for your advice in advance,

td

I put up a new thread in environment today on the summit in Cancun and it is labelled as old.

Is there something I should be doing to either correct this or avoid this happening again?

td
Yes, you can stop posting and it will never happen again.

td

lol

That would work but there's slim to none that I'm bailing on this board. I like it too much.

:eusa_angel:

td

lol

That would work but there's slim to none that I'm bailing on this board. I like it too much.

:eusa_angel:

Good. You should definitely stay.... just to annoy Ravi. :lol:

td

I believe it has to do with how many posts have been made in the thread.

td
It's about cookies. Cookies the site stores in viewer's computers.

The thread is "old" to you because you have viewed it. And the software knows you have, because the cookie it stored on your computer tells it so.

To anyone who hasn't viewed it and gotten the cookie, it's still "new."

Neat huh?

td

I believe it has to do with how many posts have been made in the thread.

Ok. The post count I can't control.

I figured as long as it didn't involve being naked at a crossroads (it's minus 19 tonight) with some form of sacrifice during a full moon, I was willing to try anything. But I'm cool with "old" rather than "new".

td

The thread is "old" to you because you have viewed it. And the software knows you have, because the cookie it stored on your computer tells it so.

Neat huh?

Thanks for that. It is neat.

Appreciated.

td

Neat huh?

Thanks for that. It is neat.

Appreciated.
Even neater..... When another person posts in the thread, the thread will be "new" to you again when you reload!

Exciting stuff!

Forum List

Back