Just A Question

According to Islam,"Allah's Apostle said, 'If a fly falls in your drink, dip all of it into the cup and then throw it away, for in one of its wings there is a disease and in the other there is healing, an antidote or treatment for that disease.'"

How is that even remotely relevant?

Actually, there is a lot of truth in that. The one reason our bodies can fight off disease is by encounter it, it's a learning machine. So it's not wrong. Many who work with disease in the past developed more immunities than others.

Yeah, I know. I'm just wondering why he brought that particular thing up in this thread.

. : The Great Pandemic : : The United States in 1918-1919 : .

that was the last huge ass pandemic....estimates range that it may have killed 20% of the world...many factors were in play but the same factors are in play today....

the regular flu kills about 36 k a year....(find your own mothering url) mostly older people who die due to the opportunist diseases....

now take this flu...kills the young and strong....that i think is the main worry..it causes healty people to die fast....why are obama etc making a big deal of it...they dont wanna be caught doing nothing if it hits..that is the way of the american medical system....cover your ass....

unfortunately the flu shots are just for show and tell.

may the fates and muses be kind if this flu mutates and hits everyone hard.

small correction, the flu kills on average 36,000 AMERICANS a year...the worldwide figure is larger.

Fear. Only Obamacare can save you.

that's right.....it's just fear - there is no such thing as the flu:eusa_whistle:

More people are struck by lightening that die of the flu in this day and age, even that disappointment called the "swine flu" ... which has been around a long time.

73 people die of lightening strikes in a year in the USA and 36,000 people die from the flu in the USA in a year.

300 people get hit by lightening and hundreds of thousands if not millions of Americans get hit with the flu a year.

Resources: Lightning science and safety

During every minute of every day, roughly 1,800 thunderstorms are creating lightning somewhere on Earth. Though the chances of being struck by lightning are estimated at 1 in 700,000, these huge electrical sparks are one of the leading causes of weather-related deaths in the USA each year with an average of 73 people killed; about 300 people usually are injured by lightning.

why is this regime making such a big freaking deal outta the flu this season. We have thousands of deaths due to flu every year but suddenly it's a big fricking deal.. I don't get it. Is it political??

Hopefully, if the Republicans pass on a vaccine, there will be plenty for the rest of us.

This is an "evolved" flu, which means, it doesn't really exist.

The vaccine is distributed by the government, so conservatives should say, "No thanks". I guess they won't. They accept food stamps and welfare and use the DMV and the Post offices and Medicare and the VA and.... I guess they'll try to get flu shots. Oh well.

It's a bit of a worry when people dismiss the possibility of H1N1 being a problem. For a start the comparison with season flu is a bit misleading. This is an additional virus to the seasonal virus. So in your flu season coming up (we've just been through ours) you will have two Influenza A virii to contend with. Two. Not one.

What's more while there is a vaccine for seasonal flu there isn't one, yet, for H1N1. Hopefully it will be prepared and distributed before the northern hemisphere flu season.

Virii are remarkable at reproducing, spreading and evolving. This is a worry. Virii also mutate with one another, hence the fear of H5N1 mutating with another form of virus to become more virulent and spread by avians as the intermediary agent. That's a mutation we have to hope doesn't happen.

WHO | Preparing for the second wave: lessons from current outbreaks

Forum List

Back