Just A Question

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
why is this regime making such a big freaking deal outta the flu this season. We have thousands of deaths due to flu every year but suddenly it's a big fricking deal.. I don't get it. Is it political??

It's not political. The difference between swine flu and the traditional flu in terms of public health impact is that swine flu, according to projections, will cause as much harm in terms of hospital admissions and deaths as all the forms of traditional flu do in a normal year. A doubling of deaths is going to worry people, even if it's the doubling of a low level.

No, it's political, thus why they keep using it. Our population world wide is almost 8 billion, so even doubled it's less than 1% of the population effected.

. : The Great Pandemic : : The United States in 1918-1919 : .

that was the last huge ass pandemic....estimates range that it may have killed 20% of the world...many factors were in play but the same factors are in play today....

the regular flu kills about 36 k a year....(find your own mothering url) mostly older people who die due to the opportunist diseases....

now take this flu...kills the young and strong....that i think is the main worry..it causes healty people to die fast....why are obama etc making a big deal of it...they dont wanna be caught doing nothing if it hits..that is the way of the american medical system....cover your ass....

unfortunately the flu shots are just for show and tell.

may the fates and muses be kind if this flu mutates and hits everyone hard.

I predict a large amount of chicken and rice soup, chicken and noodle soup and home-made chicken pastry will get eaten this year during the flu season!

A few years ago, when natural gas prices went up, we started lowering our thermostat in the winter. We keep it at about 64/65 during the day, inch it up to 67 around dinner, then keep it around 62 when we sleep. We wash our hands (yeah, even the kids) frequently. I clean w/bleach and wash things like door knobs, handles, keyboards, phones, etc. Don't know if any or all of this keeps the germs and bugs at bay but we haven't been sick - none of us - with anything other than an occasional cold in a long, long time. And this coming from a household where strep throat used to be our middle name. While the hand-washing and cleaning has always been done, it wasn't until we lowered the heat in the winter that we started getting sick less and less.

the same reason why they made a big deal about the cock fever a few years ago. Media loves to feed on this shit.

Anyone thought of the billions in new revenue the pharmaceutical companies make out of a flu scare? What a neat way to generate revenue!

Flu-Related Deaths Up Sharply - CBS News

Flu deaths now average about 36,000 a year, up from 20,000 in previous estimates, the CDC said. ... confirmed that RSV is the most common cause of viral death

so lightening kills more than 36,000 people a year?.....were they all wearing tin foil hats like the one you're wearing?

Flu-Related Deaths Up Sharply - CBS News

Flu deaths now average about 36,000 a year, up from 20,000 in previous estimates, the CDC said. ... confirmed that RSV is the most common cause of viral death

so lightening kills more than 36,000 people a year?.....were they all wearing tin foil hats like the one you're wearing?

Um ... the number can go up all it wants, the percentage of deaths versus the number of cases the the population level, it's dropped, quite a bit.

When ever I have a cold, sore throat, or the flu

I sip on some Ginger Ale

It always seems to help :eusa_angel:
According to Islam,"Allah's Apostle said, 'If a fly falls in your drink, dip all of it into the cup and then throw it away, for in one of its wings there is a disease and in the other there is healing, an antidote or treatment for that disease.'"

I sip on some Ginger Ale

According to Islam,"Allah's Apostle said, 'If a fly falls in your drink, dip all of it into the cup and then throw it away, for in one of its wings there is a disease and in the other there is healing, an antidote or treatment for that disease.'"

Mohammed was always messing around with his followers that way :lol:

I sip on some Ginger Ale

How is that even remotely relevant?

I sip on some Ginger Ale

How is that even remotely relevant?

Actually, there is a lot of truth in that. The one reason our bodies can fight off disease is by encounter it, it's a learning machine. So it's not wrong. Many who work with disease in the past developed more immunities than others.

Forum List

Back