Just a question to atheists and darwinist?

[youtube]FNiTsYCkyI8[/youtube]

YouTube? :lol:

When you can explain the origin of life, I may pay attention to what you're saying. Until then, you have nothing better than religion does.

How silly of me...offering up a snippet of a lecture by Dr. Neil Degrasse Tyson, astrophysicist and director of the Hayden Planetarium at the Museum of Natural History. It must be dismissed because....it's on youtube.

And the fact that science can admit it doesn't yet fully understand the origin of life is what makes it better than religion.

[youtube]FNiTsYCkyI8[/youtube]

YouTube? :lol:

When you can explain the origin of life, I may pay attention to what you're saying. Until then, you have nothing better than religion does.

How silly of me...offering up a snippet of a lecture by Dr. Neil Degrasse Tyson, astrophysicist and director of the Hayden Planetarium at the Museum of Natural History. It must be dismissed because....it's on youtube.

And the fact that science can admit it doesn't yet fully understand the origin of life is what makes it better than religion.

I can't watch YouTube at the moment, and regardless I'm fairly certain that Dr. Tyson cannot explain the origin of life either. The only difference between you and I is that I accept the plausability of all options, I don't eliminate any. And based on what scientific research has yielded, in my opinion, the evidence strongly suggests an intelligent design.

I accept the plausability of all options, I don't eliminate any. And based on what scientific research has yielded, in my opinion, the evidence strongly suggests an intelligent design.

One of us is saying that the origin of life is uncertain. The other is saying it was designed by some magical being. I don't think I'm the one with the closed mind.

I accept the plausability of all options, I don't eliminate any. And based on what scientific research has yielded, in my opinion, the evidence strongly suggests an intelligent design.

One of us is saying that the origin of life is uncertain. The other is saying it was designed by some magical being. I don't think I'm the one with the closed mind.

Yep, where I am on this.

I have always believed that atheism and darwinism are just another doctrines or religions ...no more.

atheism/darwinism are based upon matrerialism...but their arguments and swear at theists is laughable.

hence I want to ask what is the proof of atheists of their doctrine (God non-existence)?
z'atheists should show a materialist proof of their doctrine since it's always their path of reasoning.

good luck

A quick question on Christiainity before you go to deep into this thread.

Is it true that

1)The God of Judaism is the same God of Christianity?

2) The Jewish God has a compact with Jews that Christians claim was voided

3) This contract was voided when Christ died on the cross?

4)Christ never stated that this voided the original compact between God and man?

5)The arguement for the erasure of such contract is actually convoluted and questionable unless you repeat Christian authority. The same authorities that have a vested interest in the promotion of Christianity?

6)This is not the only questionable theological position Christianity has taken when it concerns the basis and purpose of the religion.
there is only one God, and it's the same God of 3 religions, but it's the humans and who falsify the message of god to invent trinity and other concepts.

I see
so
when it comes to ALL THE OTHER GODS.....

you are an atheist....

interesting....

If the origin of life is uncertain then how do you know it's not a 'magical being'? You don't.

So, you're that full of bullshit? Tell me what tax deduction I qualify for that you do not based on religion?
Still playing dumb!
If Atheism were a religion, I could do like Pat Robertson did and start a ministry that I head. I could then donate my house to my ministry and specify that the head of the ministry, ME, lives in the house giving me a tax deduction for the value of the house that I STILL live in.

Now when I have to pay my electric bill or heating bill, I donate the money to myself as head of the ministry and get a tax deduction for it. When I die, my son or daughter becomes head of my ministry and inherits living in the house free of any taxes.

If you remember, when Pat Robertson ran for president, he resigned from the CBN ministry and had to move out of his ministry/family mansion. His son Tim took his place and moved in as the new head of CBN.

Are those tax privileges special enough for you?

Bullshit. I'm a religious person, I have no individual tax credits available to me that aren't available to you because of my religious affiliation. Your comment was bogus. You are free to start any charitable organization that has no religious affiliation and do the exact same thing. But, we all know that's not what you were alluding too in your comments in any case. Now who's playing stupid?
Again you are completely wrong.
The only "charities" that are allowed to fill their boards with family members, thus guaranteeing that "charity" stay in control of the family, are the ones started by "the 60 families" AKA "the Establishment" BEFORE the law was changed requiring charitable board of directors to have at least 1 more total non family members than family members. So the Rockefellers, Mellons, DuPontes, etc., "charities" are the only secular "charities" that can do it.

Pat Robertson, who graduated Yale TAX law school not Yale divinity school, found a loophole in the new law for ministries only. The government cannot tell a religious "charity" who can or cannot sit on its board.

Cynics are hardly stupid. They can see through the most carefully crafted deceptions with ease.

Last edited:
Science couldn't be orderly unless there was an orderly component to what you were studying. To deny there is order or design in nature is to deny reality, science has proven that order and design exists.
BALONEY! The "orderly" component in science is MAN, not nature or God!!!

Your comment is ridiculous. So man created DNA only to turn around and 'discover' it? Man created cells only to turn around and 'discover' their own creation? You make no sense, and you apparently do not understand my comments.
Now you've gone from the dumb act to the Straw Man. Neither man nor science "created" DNA and DNA habitually violates its own "order" when it reproduces itself giving rise to the natural disorder of mutations.

If the origin of life is uncertain then how do you know it's not a 'magical being'? You don't.

That is my point, neither can you know it was done by a magical being.

I can and do accept that there are things I cannot explain or understand, but feel no need to attribute them to any magical being.
Such as the PDS thing....Unexplainable but did God cause it?

Last edited:
It's interesting to think that there is what we call "order" in the universe. There's a bloody lot of disorder as well though :lol:

Again back to Crick and Watson, they thought that something had to be neat and tidy and balanced re DNA. I'm not well versed in science but that seems to me to be a sort of leap of intuition that happens in humans from time to time. And I reckon it's pretty good.

The minor problem I have with certain religious views on science is that there is a tendency to deride science because of a fear that some people have that their religious beliefs will somehow be brought into doubt. As I've said elsewhere doubt is the enemy of belief but it's the mainstay of science. Maybe that's where the problem lies?

Rigid thinkers, closed-minded fundamentalists will not be able to roll with the punches the way that the Vatican did. They finally gave in and accepted evolution but then said it was God's work. See how easy it is? All you have to do is keep retreating behind the First Cause position and everything's fine. Meanwhile science can get on with finding things out.

The major problem I have with religious folks and science is that in nations where religion is a political matter, such as the US, that religious fundamentalists will try to pressure politicians to not fund or underfund certain scientific ventures on the grounds that they threaten religious beliefs or that they somehow transgress religious teachings. Moderate and progressive religionists can comfortably accommodate science in their religious thinking and that's fine, I'm more than happy with that.

I have always believed that atheism and darwinism are just another doctrines or religions ...no more.

atheism/darwinism are based upon matrerialism...but their arguments and swear at theists is laughable.

hence I want to ask what is the proof of atheists of their doctrine (God non-existence)?
z'atheists should show a materialist proof of their doctrine since it's always their path of reasoning.

good luck

First off claiming "darwinist" just shows how clueless you are to evolution. Darwin came up with the theory based on observation, brilliantly I must add, without knowledge of heredity, genes, date of the planet, extensive fossil record, plate tectonics, etc. 100+ years of scientific inquiry has supported evolution.

And understanding of evolution requires vast knowledge of all of science to make sense, so no wonder you would think its "laughable". Evidence supports evolution, even with every amazing scientific advances, especially in molecular biology and genome sequencing, continue to further support evolution.

I'm more agnostic than athiest, one thing I'm positive about is ALL religion is just made up answers to questions unknown, and do nothing to get to the actual truth

good luck

Is it true that

4)Christ never stated that this voided the original compact between God and man?

5)The arguement for the erasure of such contract is actually convoluted and questionable unless you repeat Christian authority. The same authorities that have a vested interest in the promotion of Christianity?

6)This is not the only questionable theological position Christianity has taken when it concerns the basis and purpose of the religion.

As far as I know, Yeshua was the fullfillment of the contract. He did not 'void' it. The apostles relaxed 'the laws' the Jews used to allow converts to follow Christ, without having to go thru the conversion to Judism, before, converting to Christianity.

The basis and purpose of Christianity is to spread the news that Christ came, taught, and died for us. He left us with 'peace' (of the soul), that can only be received through Him, and is not of this world (men cannot take it away from you), and will last for all etenity. His words still live in the Bible and are available for those that seek truth. He gave us a way to become better people, and doing so, improve our families, and our communities, and our society, and our country, and our world. He is available to all, you have only to seek Him.

If you do not believe that, you might want to read the gospels, just for His philosophy. If you think it is interesting, read the books about the apostles. They did not become politicians that were corrupt leaders because of their association. They became great leaders, many that died terrible deaths for their beliefs. Not the celebrity stories of today.
It is the greatest book ever written.

good luck

Is it true that

As far as I know, Yeshua was the fullfillment of the contract. He did not 'void' it. The apostles relaxed 'the laws' the Jews used to allow converts to follow Christ, without having to go thru the conversion to Judism, before, converting to Christianity.

The basis and purpose of Christianity is to spread the news that Christ came, taught, and died for us. He left us with 'peace' (of the soul), that can only be received through Him, and is not of this world (men cannot take it away from you), and will last for all etenity. His words still live in the Bible and are available for those that seek truth. He gave us a way to become better people, and doing so, improve our families, and our communities, and our society, and our country, and our world. He is available to all, you have only to seek Him.

If you do not believe that, you might want to read the gospels, just for His philosophy. If you think it is interesting, read the books about the apostles. They did not become politicians that were corrupt leaders because of their association. They became great leaders, many that died terrible deaths for their beliefs. Not the celebrity stories of today.

Very, very well said. :clap2::clap2:

Another thing, evolution explains everything. It explains all the death, disease and evil in the world. Religion does not, they make bullshit excuses making their god sound like a complete bastard, like "original sin" caused it" or "free will". Which is bullshit that doesn't address the real issues in life, it just gives god a free pass. Evolution, animals having to fight other animals for food, mates, disease, death, all explained by evolution. THe brutality of life, a constant struggle for survival. THe deplorable actions of human beings in general are explained by evolution as humans are animals and their behavior covers nearly all of the animal world.
A loving god that has life design to be a painful struggle because eve ate an apple seems pretty stupid and cruel to me

How do you know God didn't design evolution?

Well, if god is supposed to be a loving god, evolution is pretty brutal and not very loving if god designed life that way. Genetic mutation does have some nasty effects. Also, having to kill other organisms to survive, have to fend off others that want to kill you. Having to deal with microscopic organisms that can kill you and cause horrible pain and suffering.

How is that a god that loves us?

good luck

Is it true that

You know, you bring up an interesting point.

Did Christ die in order for you to have salvation? If so, why did he not have to die for the Samaritan woman who believed him mentioned in John 5 ?

Also, who gave the apostles authority to change the laws of God? Jesus? The apostles? I ran out of people.

Finally, what did Jesus teach, besides "believing in him and you shall have eternal life", that was new?

Well, if god is supposed to be a loving god, evolution is pretty brutal and not very loving if god designed life that way. Genetic mutation does have some nasty effects. Also, having to kill other organisms to survive, have to fend off others that want to kill you. Having to deal with microscopic organisms that can kill you and cause horrible pain and suffering.

Dr Gregg, I think you are making a mistake here.

If evolution is true, then a god could have designed evolution. It could have set the universe into its primal survival mode as is. It can allow harm to befall organisms due to genetic mutation.

Recall the story of Job, God allowed Job to suffer mightily and according to his will. So the God of the old testament does not seem loving in your perspectives, but has demonstrated the ability to allow cruelty to exist, and according to his will.

If evolution is true, then a god could have designed evolution. It could have set the universe into its primal survival mode as is. It can allow harm to befall organisms due to genetic mutation.

Recall the story of Job, God allowed Job to suffer mightily and according to his will. So the God of the old testament does not seem loving in your perspectives, but has demonstrated the ability to allow cruelty to exist, and according to his will.
Yeah, could be, but how does a god who is supposedly loving make us suffer through life with no evidence of his/her existence and expect people to just blindly believe?

Yeah, could be, but how does a god who is supposedly loving make us suffer through life with no evidence of his/her existence and expect people to just blindly believe?

Let us askk the question:Who does God love?

If we take it from believers, it is they since they believe in God and follow what they claim to be his orders. But God also withhold his compassion from the faithful whenever he wants as demonstrated in Job. If we are to assume that god only demonstrate compassion to those he loves and withhold it from those he does not love, then God loves no one.

If we take this as true, the description of God as a loving and caring God is false. God is fickle, and quite brutal to believers and non-believers alike.

Forum List

Back