Just a penny

alan1

Gold Member
Dec 13, 2008
Shoveling the ashes
If you see a penny on the ground do you pick it up?

I was at the grocery store today and spent north of $50, as I exited, I saw a penny laying on the pavement in the parking lot.
Shit, I stopped and picked it up and put it in my pocket. Chances are, somebody dropped it and didn't care, or maybe they didn't notice.
In this day and age, with our government spending trillions of dollars without blinking an eye about it, I still pick up pennies.

I was at the grocery store today and spent north of $50, as I exited, I saw a penny laying on the pavement in the parking lot.
Shit, I stopped and picked it up and put it in my pocket. Chances are, somebody dropped it and didn't care, or maybe they didn't notice.
In this day and age, with our government spending trillions of dollars without blinking an eye about it, I still pick up pennies.

If they were smaller I would, but they weigh too much. I'd have hundreds in this city if I picked them all up.

No, and I usually leave my pennies at the counter {where I pay} for someone else to use if needed.

If they were smaller I would, but they weigh too much. I'd have hundreds in this city if I picked them all up.

A hundred is a dollar.
Would you pick up a dollar?

A hundred is a dollar.
Would you pick up a dollar?

Yeah, but a dollar fits neatly in my purse and doesn't weigh a ton.

If it looks old, yes.

I find it rather annoying that our pennies aren't made of copper anymore.

I have no idea why this bothers me, either.

I don't miss silver coins.

But something about the fact that we cannot make a penny out of copper for under a cent, just thoroughly pisses me off.

It's not rational, I know.

If it looks old, yes.

But something about the fact that we cannot make a penny out of copper for under a cent, just thoroughly pisses me off.

Actually, that's the most rational thing I have seen about our money in a looooong time! LOL

Is that odd? :eusa_eh:

If all the day you want good luck.

STFU you cheap fucker. You been groveling for pennies the whole time ...you just look smarterer doin it now.:lol::lol::lol:

If it looks old, yes.

They're still copper coated.
There ain't no such thing as Silver Certificates anymore either.
It's all fiat currency.

STFU you cheap fucker. You been groveling for pennies the whole time ...you just look smarterer doin it now.:lol::lol::lol:
Cool, now I'm "smarterer", whatever that means. :lol:

Damn, Huggy just blew our cover, now no one will believe that we are like Fraiser!

Damn, Huggy just blew our cover, now no one will believe that we are like Fraiser!

yeah, you blew it to, thought that was secret.
Next thing you know, people will find out you actually do like sex.

Forum List

Back