Just a little bit

Sitting here watching my Skystream spinning around. Pretty windy. I'll probably earn a few bucks from Da Man over the next few months (grid tied). Got a few hams in the brine for the next week. Roasting some cashews Sat or Sun to put on some Tilapia I'll snatch from the pond.
Alaska is beautiful but I'm allergic to long pants.

You made a wise choice and soon enough you'll be very, very happy you did.
I'll trade you a few bushels of Papaya and Guanabana for some King Crab ?

That's actually rather interesting. I used to know some Hawaiian Airlines flight attendants who swapped fresh pineapple and Kona coffee for smoked salmon and halibut, as well as moose sausage and jerky when I had it. Do you really smoke your own ham?

Oh, and another thing...you can nitpick all you want about cell phones and this or that not being off the grid...

But the truth is, he/she lives a more self-reliant, autonomous lifestyle than most of you ever will. And should circumstances require Gallantwarrior to be totally off the grid, or if "the grid" itself fails, he/she will survive better than any of you.

Like I give a shit.

Aw, come on Dabs! You have no survival instinct either?

People like gallantwarrior are the ones running around digging other people out of the rubble in a major earthquake or whatever. They're not accustomed to relying on the government or whatever to come in and save them, they strive to be self-sufficient.

They're the kind of people I want to be around if the shit hits the fan.

You gotta meet me for coffee before the fecal matter hits the rotary oscillator!:eusa_pray:

The one that got away--This hawk looks like the one I saw today, but without my glasses on, I can't be totally sure. The shape and color, though are exact to this one:

Cooper's Hawk
1_Coopers-Hawk-cover.jpg

credits here
Pardon my obsession with liking to know which bird I saw. I love all of them, small, large, threatened, common, all of them. I even love to watch the vultures flying. They are ever so graceful in flight. Most people just think of them by their table manners. Sorry, I see a beautiful spread of wings, a personality, and beautiful life in every bird, reminding me of the diversity bestowed on this planet.

Sounds like you have a good life, Becki!

Like I give a shit.

People like gallantwarrior are the ones running around digging other people out of the rubble in a major earthquake or whatever. They're not accustomed to relying on the government or whatever to come in and save them, they strive to be self-sufficient.

You gotta meet me for coffee before the fecal matter hits the rotary oscillator!:eusa_pray:

You do sound like a Gallant Warrior! And you may be one of the smartest people on the board with the way you live! We never know what the future holds for us. Wecome aboard and thanks for telling about your interesting life!

Like I give a shit.

LOL! Yeah, I guess I should do that. : )

You do sound like a Gallant Warrior! And you may be one of the smartest people on the board with the way you live! We never know what the future holds for us. Wecome aboard and thanks for telling about your interesting life!

You are welcome! I am always happy to share. May the best among us make it through the trying times ahead!

You are welcome! I am always happy to share. May the best among us make it through the trying times ahead!

May all of us make it through the difficult times we have and learn our lessons along the way!

LOL! Yeah, I guess I should do that. : )

The ball's in your court!

Oh, and another thing...you can nitpick all you want about cell phones and this or that not being off the grid...

But the truth is, he/she lives a more self-reliant, autonomous lifestyle than most of you ever will. And should circumstances require Gallantwarrior to be totally off the grid, or if "the grid" itself fails, he/she will survive better than any of you.

Like I give a shit.

If and when the shit hits the fan, my main interest will be a large umbrella and/or face mask :lol:

Like I give a shit.

If and when the shit hits the fan, my main interest will be a large umbrella and/or face mask :lol:

Yes. And if not wearing a face mask, remember to keep your mouth closed! :lol:

Forum List

Back