just a gentle reminder....

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
i saw the picture in the paper wednesday...a purple truck...one car accident...driver had died...i read the article fast and wondered why with the air bags the driver died....then got back into the swift pace of life....today i come into work...a friend is here....picks up the paper and says....shame about earline.....i said i dont think i knew her...he goes...sure you do....6 pack of bush light....suddenly it all fits..the dark haired lady in the purple truck...her daughter would call sometimes and leave a message for her....

she's dead. no one knows what happen..there were no skid marks..the air bags deployed...by all looks of it..she should have had a real bad headache and few body aches but nothing more...we wonder if she had a heart attack or stroke before hitting the tree...

just a gentle reminder...be glad for ever damned day you are above ground.

no need to, but thanks.

when I wake up, no matter how I was feeling at bed time, I am thankful. When I get out of bed I am delighted that there is icing on the cake. it took an illness to get me to keep that frame of mind. sure I used to talk the talk, but now I walk the walk.

in every cloud I try to find a silver lining even if I have to stitch the fukin' thing in myself.

;)

Very sad. She probably broke her neck.

And I wake up glad to be alive every day. It's kind of annoying, actually (at least according to my husband and son and assorted friends and relatives with whom we've visited or who have visited with us). ;)

My grandmother always said, you don't know who's old and who's young in the eyes of G-d.

btw, I found out a woman I once worked with (she taught me lots with her quiet manner) was on that flight that ditched in the Hudson River.

addyonplanele1.jpg

I hear she injured her shoulder banging the emergency exit door open. She is in need of surgery or something from what I hear. She is hurt yet soothing another injured passenger. Quiet strength/fortitude. I bet she has a greater appreciation for life now too.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back