Just A Couple Days Ago...

If you don't think the federal government has the authority and the responsibility to protect the environment:

1. Who does?

It's not about protecting the environment. It's about enforcing the radical agenda of the far left's belief in man made climate change, in which support has dropped massively since it's been exposed for the fraud that it is.

2. Why are you complaining that the federal government isn't doing enough in the Gulf (if you are)?

Gee, I don't know. Maybe the fact that Federal government OWNS the waters where the leak is?

If you don't think the federal government has the authority and the responsibility to protect the environment:

1. Who does?

It's not about protecting the environment. It's about enforcing the radical agenda of the far left's belief in man made climate change, in which support has dropped massively since it's been exposed for the fraud that it is.

2. Why are you complaining that the federal government isn't doing enough in the Gulf (if you are)?

Gee, I don't know. Maybe the fact that Federal government OWNS the waters where the leak is?

Again DTMB Comes through with the correct answer.

1. Who does?

The states own the shores. Where in the Constitution does it mandate or, as some like to say, enumerate that the federal government has responsibility for cleaning up for the states. Mind you, I talking to those 'constitutionalists' out there...

1. Who does?

Didn't BP take on responsibility for any cleanup when they took the lease? That's not a rhetorical question.

As per-usual? You basterdized the outlying POINT.

Not suprising however. It's to be expected from you.

Your choice of words my friend....

As an American I have the LIBERTY to polute the air as much as I please.

Who is the EPA to say otherwise??

How about trying a little bit of honesty. Allowing the EPA to regulate greenhouse gasses is nothing more than an end run around the Constitution to implement Cap and Trade, which will have far reaching economic effects. An unelected body like the EPA should not be given the power to have that kind of influence over the entire country.

Since all you can offer is absurd hyperbole, I have a feeling that you know this as well.

Where in the Constitution did they ever say anything about regulating greenhouse gasses? If our founding fathers objected to it they would have made sure the Constitution prohibited it.

What do you have against the Constitution??

Didn't BP take on responsibility for any cleanup when they took the lease? That's not a rhetorical question.
STICK to the premise of the thread. You're out of bounds. I said ZERO of BP.

*DANG*! Some learn the hard way...and that MEANS *YOU* Carbonated.

The EPA is required to to regulate so-called greenhouse gases under its duty to enforce the Clean Air Act,

constitutionally, as that was so ruled by the Supreme Court.

You made it part of the thread when you cheerleaded for the other poster's wrong answer,

anyhow, I went back to the OP topic below.

You made it part of the thread when you cheerleaded for the other poster's wrong answer,

anyhow, I went back to the OP topic below.

Nope. Didn't. You are wrong.

The EPA is required to to regulate so-called greenhouse gases under its duty to enforce the Clean Air Act,

And THIS pronouncement makes it OKEE DOAKEE for 53 U.S. Senators to abdicate their responsiblility to the PEOPLE by handing LEGISLATION over to a Non-Elected Body responsible to the POTUS?

It's BACK to Civics 101 with YOU. That isn't how it works.

And THIS pronouncement makes it OKEE DOAKEE for 53 U.S. Senators to abdicate their responsiblility to the PEOPLE by handing LEGISLATION over to a Non-Elected Body responsible to the POTUS?

The Clean Air Act IS legislation. The executive branch enforces legislation.

BUT still YOU Failed to READ the present resolution...you mean to tell me that YOU...*NY Carbonated*...are content with the Senate giving their power over to an unelected BUNCH as the EPA...for them to DO what they will?

Wait a minute? Are you Frank Burns of M*A*S*H Fame? NO ONE can be this inept...are you really serious?

Colour me laughing that you don't have a CLUE of the legislation...

Yet YOU still offer excuses...for abdicating Power...

WHY?

Better yet folks? YOU are in control of what happens...WOULD YOU give your power over to another to do as they damned well pleased even IF it affected your Lifestyle as YOU have known it?

Effectively? That's what this VOTE in the Senate represents. These 53 COWARDS have given YOUR POWER to unelected BUREAUCRATS to make Life Decisions a-la Cap And Trade...on thier whim and that of Enviro-Whackos that still belive in the NOW debinked Global Warming SCAM....

Now what are YOU going to do of it people? Let it ride? Be distracted by the Likes Of Carbonated, and other detractors when the POWER is yours?

You gonna let this pass? Gonna Give the Nanny State More power to Control you?

It's YOUR power to let slide. *I* Will have NONE OF IT.

~T

The 53 Senators that Voted to slice another Piece of Liberty From *YOU*

Is the EPA In Charge of Our Economic Future? <FOX NEWS

[Snip]

"A crucial vote to block the EPA’s global warming power grab scheme is coming up in the Senate this afternoon. It's called "Senate Joint Resolution 26" ("SJ Res 26," is also called the Murkowski Resolution for its lead sponsor) and it would block and overturn the EPA’s global warming regulations.

Despite the Democratic majority in the Senate, the White House and Majority Leader Harry Reid have been in a desperate scramble to stop the resolution. The White House issued a veto threat and has dispatched top officials to the Hill to pressure Democratic senators.

Reid is now considering allowing a vote on an alternative two-year delay to avoid the embarrassment of a permanent overturn of EPA regulations passing the Senate. In the end, even if the extraordinary efforts of the White House prevail, this vote will, like health care, have devastating political consequences for senators on the wrong side of their constituents.

These regulations were originally devised by White House climate czar Carol Browner in the 1990s, when she was EPA administrator. At the time it was seen as a way to force action on global warming despite the fact that Congress and the American people did not want it.

The idea was to shoehorn global warming regulations from the 1970s Clean Air Act -- an idea that seemed crazy until the Supreme Court opened the door for it with their decision in "Massachusetts v. EPA" in 2007. That 5-4 decision instructed the EPA to decide whether or not to pursue global warming regulation based on the language of the statute.

In a better world, the EPA would have reacted to the court by citing the enormous administrative burden and absurd results of trying to fashion a national global warming program out of Clean Air Act programs designed for a very different problem. Then it would have decided against regulation.

Sadly, we don’t live in that world. Instead, the Obama administration’s EPA decided to apply the full force of the Clean Air Act to carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases, and simply ignore the inconvenient requirements of the law. In effect, the EPA has promoted itself to a position as super-legislature of the United States, arbitrarily rewriting the law to suit its purposes."

[/SNIP]

So in other words? These Senators Voted to usurp their own power into an unelected BODY controlled by the POTUS...to make decisions regarding enviromental decisions.

Decisions of the magnitude that are better LEFT to the legislature especially when it comes to LAW that affects your lifestyle.

SOURCE

The Vote ROLL CALL:

Akaka (D-HI), Nay
Alexander (R-TN), Yea
Barrasso (R-WY), Yea
Baucus (D-MT), Nay
Bayh (D-IN), Yea
Begich (D-AK), Nay
Bennet (D-CO), Nay
Bennett (R-UT), Yea
Bingaman (D-NM), Nay
Bond (R-MO), Yea
Boxer (D-CA), Nay
Brown (D-OH), Nay
Brown (R-MA), Yea
Brownback (R-KS), Yea
Bunning (R-KY), Yea
Burr (R-NC), Yea
Burris (D-IL), Nay
Byrd (D-WV), Nay
Cantwell (D-WA), Nay
Cardin (D-MD), Nay
Carper (D-DE), Nay
Casey (D-PA), Nay
Chambliss (R-GA), Yea
Coburn (R-OK), Yea
Cochran (R-MS), Yea
Collins (R-ME), Yea
Conrad (D-ND), Nay
Corker (R-TN), Yea
Cornyn (R-TX), Yea
Crapo (R-ID), Yea
DeMint (R-SC), Yea
Dodd (D-CT), Nay
Dorgan (D-ND), Nay
Durbin (D-IL), Nay
Ensign (R-NV), Yea
Enzi (R-WY), Yea
Feingold (D-WI), Nay
Feinstein (D-CA), Nay
Franken (D-MN), Nay
Gillibrand (D-NY), Nay
Graham (R-SC), Yea
Grassley (R-IA), Yea
Gregg (R-NH), Yea
Hagan (D-NC), Nay
Harkin (D-IA), Nay
Hatch (R-UT), Yea
Hutchison (R-TX), Yea
Inhofe (R-OK), Yea
Inouye (D-HI), Nay
Isakson (R-GA), Yea
Johanns (R-NE), Yea
Johnson (D-SD), Nay
Kaufman (D-DE), Nay
Kerry (D-MA), Nay
Klobuchar (D-MN), Nay
Kohl (D-WI), Nay
Kyl (R-AZ), Yea
Landrieu (D-LA), Yea
Lautenberg (D-NJ), Nay
Leahy (D-VT), Nay
LeMieux (R-FL), Yea
Levin (D-MI), Nay
Lieberman (ID-CT), Nay
Lincoln (D-AR), Yea
Lugar (R-IN), Yea
McCain (R-AZ), Yea
McCaskill (D-MO), Nay
McConnell (R-KY), Yea
Menendez (D-NJ), Nay
Merkley (D-OR), Nay
Mikulski (D-MD), Nay
Murkowski (R-AK), Yea
Murray (D-WA), Nay
Nelson (D-FL), Nay
Nelson (D-NE), Yea
Pryor (D-AR), Yea
Reed (D-RI), Nay
Reid (D-NV), Nay
Risch (R-ID), Yea
Roberts (R-KS), Yea
Rockefeller (D-WV), Yea
Sanders (I-VT), Nay
Schumer (D-NY), Nay
Sessions (R-AL), Yea
Shaheen (D-NH), Nay
Shelby (R-AL), Yea
Snowe (R-ME), Yea
Specter (D-PA), Nay
Stabenow (D-MI), Nay
Tester (D-MT), Nay
Thune (R-SD), Yea
Udall (D-CO), Nay
Udall (D-NM), Nay
Vitter (R-LA), Yea
Voinovich (R-OH), Yea
Warner (D-VA), Nay
Webb (D-VA), Nay
Whitehouse (D-RI), Nay
Wicker (R-MS), Yea
Wyden (D-OR), Nay

Guess what a 'NAY' Vote meant?

Source

eusa_think.gif

This election cycle is crucial folks...you have Legislators usurping their own power...and whittling away YOUR Liberty by their usurpation. I guess there are too many 'Back Room Deals' to be negotiated between tham and OBAMA...for them to be responding to that will garner them a LIFE better than those they are SUPPOSED TO REPRESENT?

:eusa_shhh:
eusa_think.gif

What will be left of our freedoms by the time November rolls around? Obama is in a hurry to bankrupt our lives and our country, America.....

and Whom is the Senate to USURP their LEGISTAIVE ROLE to an un-elected Body of bureaucrats answerable to NO ONE?
WADR, what bureaucracy *isn't* subject to government oversight?
:eusa_eh:

And, BTW, I see a lot of republicans wanting to dump, what they call 'imaginary' global warming.
How is that "Obama and them back-room-deals"???
:confused:

How dare those bastard take away my liberty to polute the environment if I freak'n want to?

As per-usual? You basterdized the outlying POINT.

Not suprising however. It's to be expected from you.

Your choice of words my friend....

As an American I have the LIBERTY to polute the air as much as I please.

Who is the EPA to say otherwise??

It has nothing to do with pollution.

This is a power grab to control energy in this country.

They want to raise your electric and gas bills to the point that you won't be able to air-condition your home anymore.

They want to wean us off of fossil fuels completely without offering any alternatives.

The 53 Senators that Voted to slice another Piece of Liberty From *YOU*

Is the EPA In Charge of Our Economic Future? <FOX NEWS

[Snip]

"A crucial vote to block the EPA’s global warming power grab scheme is coming up in the Senate this afternoon. It's called "Senate Joint Resolution 26" ("SJ Res 26," is also called the Murkowski Resolution for its lead sponsor) and it would block and overturn the EPA’s global warming regulations.

Despite the Democratic majority in the Senate, the White House and Majority Leader Harry Reid have been in a desperate scramble to stop the resolution. The White House issued a veto threat and has dispatched top officials to the Hill to pressure Democratic senators.

Reid is now considering allowing a vote on an alternative two-year delay to avoid the embarrassment of a permanent overturn of EPA regulations passing the Senate. In the end, even if the extraordinary efforts of the White House prevail, this vote will, like health care, have devastating political consequences for senators on the wrong side of their constituents.

These regulations were originally devised by White House climate czar Carol Browner in the 1990s, when she was EPA administrator. At the time it was seen as a way to force action on global warming despite the fact that Congress and the American people did not want it.

The idea was to shoehorn global warming regulations from the 1970s Clean Air Act -- an idea that seemed crazy until the Supreme Court opened the door for it with their decision in "Massachusetts v. EPA" in 2007. That 5-4 decision instructed the EPA to decide whether or not to pursue global warming regulation based on the language of the statute.

In a better world, the EPA would have reacted to the court by citing the enormous administrative burden and absurd results of trying to fashion a national global warming program out of Clean Air Act programs designed for a very different problem. Then it would have decided against regulation.

Sadly, we don’t live in that world. Instead, the Obama administration’s EPA decided to apply the full force of the Clean Air Act to carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases, and simply ignore the inconvenient requirements of the law. In effect, the EPA has promoted itself to a position as super-legislature of the United States, arbitrarily rewriting the law to suit its purposes."

[/SNIP]

So in other words? These Senators Voted to usurp their own power into an unelected BODY controlled by the POTUS...to make decisions regarding enviromental decisions.

Decisions of the magnitude that are better LEFT to the legislature especially when it comes to LAW that affects your lifestyle.

SOURCE

The Vote ROLL CALL:

Akaka (D-HI), Nay
Alexander (R-TN), Yea
Barrasso (R-WY), Yea
Baucus (D-MT), Nay
Bayh (D-IN), Yea
Begich (D-AK), Nay
Bennet (D-CO), Nay
Bennett (R-UT), Yea
Bingaman (D-NM), Nay
Bond (R-MO), Yea
Boxer (D-CA), Nay
Brown (D-OH), Nay
Brown (R-MA), Yea
Brownback (R-KS), Yea
Bunning (R-KY), Yea
Burr (R-NC), Yea
Burris (D-IL), Nay
Byrd (D-WV), Nay
Cantwell (D-WA), Nay
Cardin (D-MD), Nay
Carper (D-DE), Nay
Casey (D-PA), Nay
Chambliss (R-GA), Yea
Coburn (R-OK), Yea
Cochran (R-MS), Yea
Collins (R-ME), Yea
Conrad (D-ND), Nay
Corker (R-TN), Yea
Cornyn (R-TX), Yea
Crapo (R-ID), Yea
DeMint (R-SC), Yea
Dodd (D-CT), Nay
Dorgan (D-ND), Nay
Durbin (D-IL), Nay
Ensign (R-NV), Yea
Enzi (R-WY), Yea
Feingold (D-WI), Nay
Feinstein (D-CA), Nay
Franken (D-MN), Nay
Gillibrand (D-NY), Nay
Graham (R-SC), Yea
Grassley (R-IA), Yea
Gregg (R-NH), Yea
Hagan (D-NC), Nay
Harkin (D-IA), Nay
Hatch (R-UT), Yea
Hutchison (R-TX), Yea
Inhofe (R-OK), Yea
Inouye (D-HI), Nay
Isakson (R-GA), Yea
Johanns (R-NE), Yea
Johnson (D-SD), Nay
Kaufman (D-DE), Nay
Kerry (D-MA), Nay
Klobuchar (D-MN), Nay
Kohl (D-WI), Nay
Kyl (R-AZ), Yea
Landrieu (D-LA), Yea
Lautenberg (D-NJ), Nay
Leahy (D-VT), Nay
LeMieux (R-FL), Yea
Levin (D-MI), Nay
Lieberman (ID-CT), Nay
Lincoln (D-AR), Yea
Lugar (R-IN), Yea
McCain (R-AZ), Yea
McCaskill (D-MO), Nay
McConnell (R-KY), Yea
Menendez (D-NJ), Nay
Merkley (D-OR), Nay
Mikulski (D-MD), Nay
Murkowski (R-AK), Yea
Murray (D-WA), Nay
Nelson (D-FL), Nay
Nelson (D-NE), Yea
Pryor (D-AR), Yea
Reed (D-RI), Nay
Reid (D-NV), Nay
Risch (R-ID), Yea
Roberts (R-KS), Yea
Rockefeller (D-WV), Yea
Sanders (I-VT), Nay
Schumer (D-NY), Nay
Sessions (R-AL), Yea
Shaheen (D-NH), Nay
Shelby (R-AL), Yea
Snowe (R-ME), Yea
Specter (D-PA), Nay
Stabenow (D-MI), Nay
Tester (D-MT), Nay
Thune (R-SD), Yea
Udall (D-CO), Nay
Udall (D-NM), Nay
Vitter (R-LA), Yea
Voinovich (R-OH), Yea
Warner (D-VA), Nay
Webb (D-VA), Nay
Whitehouse (D-RI), Nay
Wicker (R-MS), Yea
Wyden (D-OR), Nay

Guess what a 'NAY' Vote meant?

Source

eusa_think.gif

This election cycle is crucial folks...you have Legislators usurping their own power...and whittling away YOUR Liberty by their usurpation. I guess there are too many 'Back Room Deals' to be negotiated between tham and OBAMA...for them to be responding to that will garner them a LIFE better than those they are SUPPOSED TO REPRESENT?

:eusa_shhh:
eusa_think.gif

What will be left of our freedoms by the time November rolls around? Obama is in a hurry to bankrupt our lives and our country, America.....

Here's the scary thought.....what's stopping the Dems from using the months between Nov. and Jan to fuck everything up?

BUT still YOU Failed to READ the present resolution...you mean to tell me that YOU...*NY Carbonated*...are content with the Senate giving their power over to an unelected BUNCH as the EPA...for them to DO what they will?

Wait a minute? Are you Frank Burns of M*A*S*H Fame? NO ONE can be this inept...are you really serious?

WHY?

The Clean Air Act is LAW. The EPA works for the president, who WAS elected. The EPA enforces LAWS PASSED BY CONGRESS.

Resolution? lolol

WHY?

Repeal the Clean Air Act.

Better yet folks? YOU are in control of what happens...WOULD YOU give your power over to another to do as they damned well pleased even IF it affected your Lifestyle as YOU have known it?

Effectively? That's what this VOTE in the Senate represents. These 53 COWARDS have given YOUR POWER to unelected BUREAUCRATS to make Life Decisions a-la Cap And Trade...on thier whim and that of Enviro-Whackos that still belive in the NOW debinked Global Warming SCAM....

Now what are YOU going to do of it people? Let it ride? Be distracted by the Likes Of Carbonated, and other detractors when the POWER is yours?

You gonna let this pass? Gonna Give the Nanny State More power to Control you?

It's YOUR power to let slide. *I* Will have NONE OF IT.

~T

Well said:clap2:

Forum List

Back