Just A Couple Days Ago...

The T

George S. Patton Party
May 24, 2009
What USED TO BE A REPUBLIC RUN BY TYRANTS
The 53 Senators that Voted to slice another Piece of Liberty From *YOU*

Is the EPA In Charge of Our Economic Future? <FOX NEWS

[Snip]

"A crucial vote to block the EPA’s global warming power grab scheme is coming up in the Senate this afternoon. It's called "Senate Joint Resolution 26" ("SJ Res 26," is also called the Murkowski Resolution for its lead sponsor) and it would block and overturn the EPA’s global warming regulations.

Despite the Democratic majority in the Senate, the White House and Majority Leader Harry Reid have been in a desperate scramble to stop the resolution. The White House issued a veto threat and has dispatched top officials to the Hill to pressure Democratic senators.

Reid is now considering allowing a vote on an alternative two-year delay to avoid the embarrassment of a permanent overturn of EPA regulations passing the Senate. In the end, even if the extraordinary efforts of the White House prevail, this vote will, like health care, have devastating political consequences for senators on the wrong side of their constituents.

These regulations were originally devised by White House climate czar Carol Browner in the 1990s, when she was EPA administrator. At the time it was seen as a way to force action on global warming despite the fact that Congress and the American people did not want it.

The idea was to shoehorn global warming regulations from the 1970s Clean Air Act -- an idea that seemed crazy until the Supreme Court opened the door for it with their decision in "Massachusetts v. EPA" in 2007. That 5-4 decision instructed the EPA to decide whether or not to pursue global warming regulation based on the language of the statute.

In a better world, the EPA would have reacted to the court by citing the enormous administrative burden and absurd results of trying to fashion a national global warming program out of Clean Air Act programs designed for a very different problem. Then it would have decided against regulation.

Sadly, we don’t live in that world. Instead, the Obama administration’s EPA decided to apply the full force of the Clean Air Act to carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases, and simply ignore the inconvenient requirements of the law. In effect, the EPA has promoted itself to a position as super-legislature of the United States, arbitrarily rewriting the law to suit its purposes."

[/SNIP]

So in other words? These Senators Voted to usurp their own power into an unelected BODY controlled by the POTUS...to make decisions regarding enviromental decisions.

Decisions of the magnitude that are better LEFT to the legislature especially when it comes to LAW that affects your lifestyle.

SOURCE

The Vote ROLL CALL:

Akaka (D-HI), Nay
Alexander (R-TN), Yea
Barrasso (R-WY), Yea
Baucus (D-MT), Nay
Bayh (D-IN), Yea
Begich (D-AK), Nay
Bennet (D-CO), Nay
Bennett (R-UT), Yea
Bingaman (D-NM), Nay
Bond (R-MO), Yea
Boxer (D-CA), Nay
Brown (D-OH), Nay
Brown (R-MA), Yea
Brownback (R-KS), Yea
Bunning (R-KY), Yea
Burr (R-NC), Yea
Burris (D-IL), Nay
Byrd (D-WV), Nay
Cantwell (D-WA), Nay
Cardin (D-MD), Nay
Carper (D-DE), Nay
Casey (D-PA), Nay
Chambliss (R-GA), Yea
Coburn (R-OK), Yea
Cochran (R-MS), Yea
Collins (R-ME), Yea
Conrad (D-ND), Nay
Corker (R-TN), Yea
Cornyn (R-TX), Yea
Crapo (R-ID), Yea
DeMint (R-SC), Yea
Dodd (D-CT), Nay
Dorgan (D-ND), Nay
Durbin (D-IL), Nay
Ensign (R-NV), Yea
Enzi (R-WY), Yea
Feingold (D-WI), Nay
Feinstein (D-CA), Nay
Franken (D-MN), Nay
Gillibrand (D-NY), Nay
Graham (R-SC), Yea
Grassley (R-IA), Yea
Gregg (R-NH), Yea
Hagan (D-NC), Nay
Harkin (D-IA), Nay
Hatch (R-UT), Yea
Hutchison (R-TX), Yea
Inhofe (R-OK), Yea
Inouye (D-HI), Nay
Isakson (R-GA), Yea
Johanns (R-NE), Yea
Johnson (D-SD), Nay
Kaufman (D-DE), Nay
Kerry (D-MA), Nay
Klobuchar (D-MN), Nay
Kohl (D-WI), Nay
Kyl (R-AZ), Yea
Landrieu (D-LA), Yea
Lautenberg (D-NJ), Nay
Leahy (D-VT), Nay
LeMieux (R-FL), Yea
Levin (D-MI), Nay
Lieberman (ID-CT), Nay
Lincoln (D-AR), Yea
Lugar (R-IN), Yea
McCain (R-AZ), Yea
McCaskill (D-MO), Nay
McConnell (R-KY), Yea
Menendez (D-NJ), Nay
Merkley (D-OR), Nay
Mikulski (D-MD), Nay
Murkowski (R-AK), Yea
Murray (D-WA), Nay
Nelson (D-FL), Nay
Nelson (D-NE), Yea
Pryor (D-AR), Yea
Reed (D-RI), Nay
Reid (D-NV), Nay
Risch (R-ID), Yea
Roberts (R-KS), Yea
Rockefeller (D-WV), Yea
Sanders (I-VT), Nay
Schumer (D-NY), Nay
Sessions (R-AL), Yea
Shaheen (D-NH), Nay
Shelby (R-AL), Yea
Snowe (R-ME), Yea
Specter (D-PA), Nay
Stabenow (D-MI), Nay
Tester (D-MT), Nay
Thune (R-SD), Yea
Udall (D-CO), Nay
Udall (D-NM), Nay
Vitter (R-LA), Yea
Voinovich (R-OH), Yea
Warner (D-VA), Nay
Webb (D-VA), Nay
Whitehouse (D-RI), Nay
Wicker (R-MS), Yea
Wyden (D-OR), Nay

Guess what a 'NAY' Vote meant?

Source

eusa_think.gif

This election cycle is crucial folks...you have Legislators usurping their own power...and whittling away YOUR Liberty by their usurpation. I guess there are too many 'Back Room Deals' to be negotiated between tham and OBAMA...for them to be responding to that will garner them a LIFE better than those they are SUPPOSED TO REPRESENT?

:eusa_shhh:
eusa_think.gif

How dare those bastard take away my liberty to polute the environment if I freak'n want to?

How dare those bastard take away my liberty to polute the environment if I freak'n want to?

As per-usual? You basterdized the outlying POINT.

Not suprising however. It's to be expected from you.

Your choice of words my friend....

As an American I have the LIBERTY to polute the air as much as I please.

Who is the EPA to say otherwise??

and Whom is the Senate to USURP their LEGISTAIVE ROLE to an un-elected Body of bureaucrats answerable to NO ONE?

How about trying a little bit of honesty. Allowing the EPA to regulate greenhouse gasses is nothing more than an end run around the Constitution to implement Cap and Trade, which will have far reaching economic effects. An unelected body like the EPA should not be given the power to have that kind of influence over the entire country.

Since all you can offer is absurd hyperbole, I have a feeling that you know this as well.

How about trying a little bit of honesty. Allowing the EPA to regulate greenhouse gasses is nothing more than an end run around the Constitution to implement Cap and Trade, which will have far reaching economic effects. An unelected body like the EPA should not be given the power to have that kind of influence over the entire country.

Since all you can offer is absurd hyperbole, I have a feeling that you know this as well.

Exactly. It was along party lines to vote against the VOICE of the people...and another glaring REASON the 17th Amendment needs to be abolished.

Since they don't seem to want the work load WE pay them for. I'd be happy to take that power out of their feeble hands and restore it to the people.

THANK YOU for your honesty.

rightwinger won't back...he always does that when presented with a good point

This is to try and control carbom emissions. not to stop pollution did you know that carbon emissions are need for healthy plant grouth?

Yeah. How dare they usurp your liberty to do anything.

They are given specific areas in which they can regulate. And they don't have the right to take our liberty in areas we haven't authorized them to.

If you want them to regulate the environment, pass a Constitutional amendment. But just handing them this power unchecked is not only stupid, it's deadly.

Yeah. How dare they usurp your liberty to do anything.

They are given specific areas in which they can regulate. And they don't have the right to take our liberty in areas we haven't authorized them to.

If you want them to regulate the environment, pass a Constitutional amendment. But just handing them this power unchecked is not only stupid, it's deadly.

And the DEATH KNELL to Liberty of the People when a legislative body gives up such power to unelecteds.

Isn't is fantastic they chose that path FOR US? These ARE the Decisions that Despots and Dictators prefer and RELISH.

This is to try and control carbom emissions. not to stop pollution did you know that carbon emissions are need for healthy plant grouth?

Yes INDEED. Without these emissions? As minute on SCALE as they are? Are Necessary for LIFE on this planet...

Very good point.

If you don't think the federal government has the authority and the responsibility to protect the environment:

1. Who does?

2. Why are you complaining that the federal government isn't doing enough in the Gulf (if you are)?

If you don't think the federal government has the authority and the responsibility to protect the environment:

1. Who does?

2. Why are you complaining that the federal government isn't doing enough in the Gulf (if you are)?

Whom does? The Legislative BODY when it comes to laws that affect peoples WAY OF LIFE.

NOT some unelected Body that can willy-nilly prescribe Policy at the behest of the POTUS that runs EPA.

That isn't the ROLE of the POTUS and the Executive Branch.

Back to Civics 101 for you.

And this isn't about 'The GULF'...you FAIL here too. This is overall POLICY. Suprise? 53 Senators gave it AWAY to the POTUS and an unelected body.

*Congrats*

1. Who does?

Whom does? The Legislative BODY when it comes to laws that affect peoples WAY OF LIFE.

NOT some unelected Body that can willy-nilly prescribe Policy at the behest of the POTUS that runs EPA.

And this isn't about 'The GULF'...you FAIL here too. This is overall POLICY. Suprise? 53 Senators gave it AWAY to the POTUS and an unelected body.

*Congrats*

So the EPA is unconstitutional? It's a law enforcement agency. Which branch of the government has the constitutional mandate to enforce the law?

1. Who does?

*Congrats*

So the EPA is unconstitutional? It's a law enforcement agency. Which branch of the government has the constitutional mandate to enforce the law?

Didn't SAY THAT...did I? Nice twisty TRY sport. I don't give a SHIT of their function...FACT IS...One BRANCH of Government usurped it's obligation to the PEOPLE they are responsible to.

*YOU* keep missing this. Why is that?

Forum List

Back