Jussie Smollett officially names as suspect in false police report investigation

Police are now trying to get access to his financial records. I assume they are pursuing the angle that he hired the two attackers himself to orchestrate the whole thing.

Jussie Smollett: Actor now a suspect in criminal investigation - CNN
He's toast!

JUST IN: Surveillance Video Shows Brothers Linked to Jussie Smollett Buying Red Hats, Ski Masks For Fake MAGA Attack

IMG_3241-600x324.jpg

Last edited:
Police are now trying to get access to his financial records. I assume they are pursuing the angle that he hired the two attackers himself to orchestrate the whole thing.

He's toast!

JUST IN: Surveillance Video Shows Brothers Linked to Jussie Smollett Buying Red Hats, Ski Masks For Fake MAGA Attack

This thread is for Americans only. Now bugger off.

What some people will do for attention, I tell yas.

Wait, next we'll see those two dudes n a reality television program. With the guy saying he got his nawgin knocked. Ha.

He's toast!

I'm as true an American natural born Citizen as you can get from The deep South.

It is said that the police are working through Smollett's attorney for him to turn himself in.

WHAT? I thought that procedure was over and done with! Roger Stone recently was going to be arressted for lying and there were 27 police officers and a SWAT Team bombarding his home at 4:00 am!!!!

Oh, that's right. He didn't have a passport and was not a threat, but, he was a...wait for it....REPUBLICAN!!!

What is wrong with this country?

https://www.americanthinker.com/blo..._team_arrest_are_we_even_america_anymore.html

Last edited:

He's toast!

So this thread is for Americans only? Who said?

Smollet is the only American who successfully scammed two Nigerians.

Way to go, bro.

He's toast!

IMG_3241-600x324.jpg
He should be, but we'll have to see if he gets a pass. Anything less than three years would be considered a pass.

Smollet is the only American who successfully scammed two Nigerians.

Way to go, bro.
Here's hoping the Nigerians get the last laugh, ABTW, they are not Nigerians. They were born in Chicago. That's considered America these days.

False report to police is the least of his worries....He could be up on federal mail fraud charges, if he is behind the alegedly threatening letter that was sent to him.
But, will he be charged?
Buzz is that the FBI wants a word with him.
When police "wanted a word" with Roger Stone, the went to his home at 4:00 am, they brought 26 police officers and a SWAT team. He was guilty of not telling the truth. No hate crime, no using the post office for illegal letters, not guilty of fraud...

False report to police is the least of his worries....He could be up on federal mail fraud charges, if he is behind the alegedly threatening letter that was sent to him.

That is a, uh, stretch. Mail fraud deals with using mail communications to obtain money or property in a fraudulent manner. For example, if I mail out notices to everyone in town asking them to send me checks to help feed hungry children in Africa, but really I'm just scamming suckers out of their money, that would be mail fraud.

Oh, wait a second. I just saw who I'm replying to. No use trying to talk sense. You're going to believe whatever nonsense you want to believe. Or, more accurately, whatever nonsense you hope will piss someone off.

That is a, uh, stretch. Mail fraud deals with using mail communications to obtain money or property in a fraudulent manner. For example, if I mail out notices to everyone in town asking them to send me checks to help feed hungry children in Africa, but really I'm just scamming suckers out of their money, that would be mail fraud.

Oh, wait a second. I just saw who I'm replying to. No use trying to talk sense. You're going to believe whatever nonsense you want to believe. Or, more accurately, whatever nonsense you hope will piss someone off.
If mail fraud isn't in play, then why would the FBI want to talk to him?....That's the only conceivable federal offense, that I can think of, that he could be investigated over.

"There are two elements in mail fraud: (1) having devised or intending to devise a scheme to defraud (or to perform specified fraudulent acts), and (2) use of the mail for the purpose of executing, or attempting to execute, the scheme (or specified fraudulent acts)." Schmuck v. United States, 489 U.S. 705, 721 n. 10 (1989); see also Pereira v. United States, 347 U.S. 1, 8 (1954) ("The elements of the offense of mail fraud under . . . § 1341 are (1) a scheme to defraud, and (2) the mailing of a letter, etc., for the purpose of executing the scheme."); Laura A. Eilers & Harvey B. Silikovitz, Mail and Wire Fraud, 31 Am. Crim. L. Rev. 703, 704 (1994) (cases cited).

940. 18 U.S.C. Section 1341—Elements of Mail Fraud

Though financial swindle falls under the heading of "fraudulent acts", it's hardly the only fraud that could be perpetrated.

Forum List

Back