~Jury Duty~

I got as far as voir dire in a child sexual abuse case. The fact that I had gone out armed after another pervert a couple years earlier didn't sit well with defense council.

They don't care if you can find child care.. They don't care if you can't pay for child care. They don't care if you can't pay your mortgage or bills or miss work.... They dont care if you don't have transportation to get there. If you vote they can call you.
That is wrong Syrenn; a Florida Summons explains exclusions, your post contains one. "Children under age _____".

Sorry, i didn't say anything about someone being under age. We had a woman come with her child becasue she was unable to find child care... the judge threatened her with contempt. Told her to report the next day...without the kid.

Its not wrong.... not in SF its not. You can claim as much financial hardship as you want..and it makes no difference.

What will get you out is if you claim you don't speak English or if you have a provable medical issue.
I meant WRONG in the sense of "bad". Those in need of child care period can ask to be excluded by MAIL, I believe. Don't have one in front of me. But the form should be mailed, calling a Judge or excess explanation in a Courtroom. Pulling in those 150 cost the county some money.

You are very welcome. They call me every year.
Ok, then it is burden on you. Usually people are called may be once every ten years. For me, 15 years between being called.

Its not a financial burden on me.... its an annoyance. I know people who have never been called....and i get called like clockwork..They can call you ever year if you don't serve...and every two years if you do serve.

They call me every year.
You are being called too often. IF you served once, who ever draws up the rolls might stop the excessive calling.

Never, but it's notoriously easy to get out of over here. Although the very handsome financial incentives they offer you and the amount they can lean on your employer often persuade prospective jurors into accepting the role/responsibilty.

That is wrong Syrenn; a Florida Summons explains exclusions, your post contains one. "Children under age _____".

Sorry, i didn't say anything about someone being under age. We had a woman come with her child becasue she was unable to find child care... the judge threatened her with contempt. Told her to report the next day...without the kid.

Its not wrong.... not in SF its not. You can claim as much financial hardship as you want..and it makes no difference.

What will get you out is if you claim you don't speak English or if you have a provable medical issue.
I meant WRONG in the sense of "bad". Those in need of child care period can ask to be excluded by MAIL, I believe. Don't have one in front of me. But the form should be mailed, calling a Judge or excess explanation in a Courtroom. Pulling in those 150 cost the county some money.

In my experience of SF jury selections pools.... claiming financial hardship for lack of child care or not being able to find child care... has never worked.

The daily fee was $10.00 in my area until a few years ago, now $20.00.

Ok, then it is burden on you. Usually people are called may be once every ten years. For me, 15 years between being called.

Its not a financial burden on me.... its an annoyance. I know people who have never been called....and i get called like clockwork..They can call you ever year if you don't serve...and every two years if you do serve.

They call me every year.
You are being called too often. IF you served once, who ever draws up the rolls might stop the excessive calling.

They are more then welcome to seat me..... and take their chances. I am very up front about that. I will not tell them during questioning one way or the other...which way i lean.

I will not stand for attorney grandstanding or theatrics... i am up front about that too.... but they are more then welcome to seat me....and take their chances.

They call me every year.

They are more then welcome to seat me..... and take their chances. I am very up front about that. I will not tell them during questioning one way or the other...which way i lean.

I will not stand for attorney grandstanding or theatrics... i am up front about that too.... but they are more then welcome to seat me....and take their chances.
EXCUSED...for cause. I also meant burden just by being called so often. I have always been based in small towns since admission. With SF having the multitude of cases you describe, perhaps some will be culled from the pack.

EXCUSED...for cause. I also meant burden just by being called so often. I have always been based in small towns since admission. With SF having the multitude of cases you describe, perhaps some will be culled from the pack.

That's just it. I have valid no cause.... to be excused. :)

I was called to Jury Duty for one month. There were only two cases that month, and by the time we got to both of them, they had already settled out of court. Both times, we had to wait two hours to find that out. lol

I've never been called.

I might not mind it, assuming someone could be found to watch the little one while I was gone....but since I don't drive, the transportation might be a bitch. Of course, not having a license might be one of the reasons I've never been selected! :lol:

They don't care if you can find child care.. They don't care if you can't pay for child care. They don't care if you can't pay your mortgage or bills or miss work.... They dont care if you don't have transportation to get there. If you vote they can call you.

It's an honor and a privilege to serve on a jury.

I've never been called.

I might not mind it, assuming someone could be found to watch the little one while I was gone....but since I don't drive, the transportation might be a bitch. Of course, not having a license might be one of the reasons I've never been selected! :lol:

It's an honor and a privilege to serve on a jury.

I am not saying it isn't....:eusa_whistle:

I am saying i know what it takes to get thrown off if you don't want to serve. Trust me... the right case comes up...ill keep my mouth shut and behave myself.

Have you ever been called for jury duty??
Ever been on a jury panel??

I have never once been called for jury duty......but here, they usually pick people from those who are voters, and I'm not a registered voter, so I guess that's why I've missed the jury crap!

My youngest son, he is 27, he got a summons to appear for jury duty. He doesn't want to do it tho....and he said he's pretty sure his boss can get him out of it.

I think I might like to serve on a jury some day.......but I probably wouldn't do a very good job. If I didn't like the way a guy looked, I'd be thinking.."oh what a creep...yep, he's guilty" ~LoL~

Yeah, and I'm biased against the law in general - no go...

Besides, I would never help the system.... Fuck that...

Last edited:
Have you ever been called for jury duty??
Ever been on a jury panel??

I have never once been called for jury duty......but here, they usually pick people from those who are voters, and I'm not a registered voter, so I guess that's why I've missed the jury crap!

My youngest son, he is 27, he got a summons to appear for jury duty. He doesn't want to do it tho....and he said he's pretty sure his boss can get him out of it.

I think I might like to serve on a jury some day.......but I probably wouldn't do a very good job. If I didn't like the way a guy looked, I'd be thinking.."oh what a creep...yep, he's guilty" ~LoL~

Yeah, and I'm biased against the law in general - no go...

Besides, I would never help the system.... Fuck that...

Grow up.

I was called to Jury Duty for one month. There were only two cases that month, and by the time we got to both of them, they had already settled out of court. Both times, we had to wait two hours to find that out. lol
Same thing in criminal court, the closer to trial, the more eager both parties get to settle. But, NOT all the time.

New Topics

Forum List

Back