~Jury Duty~

Dabs

~Unpredictable~
May 13, 2011
~Tennessee~
Have you ever been called for jury duty??
Ever been on a jury panel??

I have never once been called for jury duty......but here, they usually pick people from those who are voters, and I'm not a registered voter, so I guess that's why I've missed the jury crap!

My youngest son, he is 27, he got a summons to appear for jury duty. He doesn't want to do it tho....and he said he's pretty sure his boss can get him out of it.

I think I might like to serve on a jury some day.......but I probably wouldn't do a very good job. If I didn't like the way a guy looked, I'd be thinking.."oh what a creep...yep, he's guilty" ~LoL~

Yup. It was a wrongful termination suit in the civil court. Boooooooooooo-ring. Brutally so.

It took us five minutes to deliberate. The guy bringing the suit was full of crap. He was canned because he was a slacker, nothing wrongful about it.

The money they paid each of us didn't even cover the parking bill for the day.

If I didn't like the way a guy looked, I'd be thinking.."oh what a creep...yep, he's guilty" ~LoL~

Yep...that would probably get you out of jury duty! :lol

I've been called for jury duty twice and served as an alternate twice. It sucks cause you have to be there for the entire trial and listen to all the evidence just in case anybody has to drop out at the last minute, but when push is to shove and it's decision making time you don't get a say as an alternate!

Have you ever been called for jury duty??
Ever been on a jury panel??

I have never once been called for jury duty......but here, they usually pick people from those who are voters, and I'm not a registered voter, so I guess that's why I've missed the jury crap!

My youngest son, he is 27, he got a summons to appear for jury duty. He doesn't want to do it tho....and he said he's pretty sure his boss can get him out of it.

I think I might like to serve on a jury some day.......but I probably wouldn't do a very good job. If I didn't like the way a guy looked, I'd be thinking.."oh what a creep...yep, he's guilty" ~LoL~

Civil or criminal?

If it is civil...... say you will never find anyone is owed a cent.... the world is law suit crazy.

If it is criminal.... everyone is guilty. I they are hear they are guilty! .... throw the book at them.

I don't let them question me in open court. If they want answers from me... i am more then happy to answer ...in chambers. My favorite line is ...seat me and take your chances. Tthat one usually works like a charm.

If I didn't like the way a guy looked, I'd be thinking.."oh what a creep...yep, he's guilty" ~LoL~

Yep...that would probably get you out of jury duty! :lol

I've been called for jury duty twice and served as an alternate twice. It sucks cause you have to be there for the entire trial and listen to all the evidence just in case anybody has to drop out at the last minute, but when push is to shove and it's decision making time you don't get a say as an alternate!
God Bless America....jury duty is such burden. "Get me out of it". Be thankful we have a justice system, while filled with flaws, is the best humans have developed. NAME ONE BETTER!

Oh... the other one is... "can you be fair and impartial?"

Sure... but my fair and impartial may be your biased and opinionated. And i will only be fair and impartial until the end of the week. Anything after that and you will be annoying me...and i will take it out on what ever lawyer pisses me of the most.

I got called once for it...i didn't get selected, i went to school with the guy that burned his store down. The once i got called for FEDERAL Jury duty. I was like 8 1/2 month pregnant, so i had to write them a letter as to why i wanted to be excused. The wrote back, excusing me, and saying i would "never" be called again. ????? I didn't want to be permanently excused. Federal court could be pretty interesting!

Sure... but my fair and impartial may be your biased and opinionated. And i will only be fair and impartial until the end of the week. Anything after that and you will be annoying me...and i will take it out on what ever lawyer pisses me of the most.
Thanks for giving the finger to the system; may you never be in need of American courts.

A bad day of jury duty is than a good day at work.

If you get called and you're lucky enough to get on a case, it's an entertaining and educational experience.

Thanks for giving the finger to the system; may you never be in need of American courts.

You are very welcome. They call me every year.

Yes, I've been called for jury duty before. It's been quite a while since I've been recalled though. You know, they ask you all sorts of questions. They asked me if I knew the guy going to trial. I said "No". They asked me if I knew anything about the case. I told them "No". They asked me if being on the jury would interfere with any personal business. I told them "No". Then they asked me if I had any questions. I said, "Yes". They asked me what was my question. I asked them if that fellow sitting there in the orange suit was the guilty bastard that robbed the local service station. For some reason, the judge dismissed me from jury duty.

Last edited:
I've never been called.

I might not mind it, assuming someone could be found to watch the little one while I was gone....but since I don't drive, the transportation might be a bitch. Of course, not having a license might be one of the reasons I've never been selected! :lol:

I've never been called.

I might not mind it, assuming someone could be found to watch the little one while I was gone....but since I don't drive, the transportation might be a bitch. Of course, not having a license might be one of the reasons I've never been selected! :lol:

They don't care if you can find child care.. They don't care if you can't pay for child care. They don't care if you can't pay your mortgage or bills or miss work.... They dont care if you don't have transportation to get there. If you vote they can call you.

If you get called and you're lucky enough to get on a case, it's an entertaining and educational experience.
In civil court, indeed it was an eye-opening experience. I learned that attorneys and witnesses lie in court with impunity.

So, I was wondering why anyone bothers giving an oath and the bigger picture, why bother with a civil court at all. Maybe if they actually DID punish lies in the civil court, we might cut out a lot of the bullshit cases. They CAN punish lies, but they choose not to the vast majority of the time.

Ok, then it is burden on you. Usually people are called may be once every ten years. For me, 15 years between being called.

I've never been called.

They don't care if you can find child care.. They don't care if you can't pay for child care. They don't care if you can't pay your mortgage or bills or miss work.... They dont care if you don't have transportation to get there. If you vote they can call you.
That is wrong Syrenn; a Florida Summons explains exclusions, your post contains one. "Children under age _____".

In civil court, indeed it was an eye-opening experience. I learned that attorneys and witnesses lie with impunity.

So, I was wondering why anyone bothers giving an oath and the bigger picture, why bother with a civil court at all. Maybe if they actually DID punish lies in the civil court, we might cut out a lot of the bullshit cases. They CAN punish lies, but they choose not to the vast majority of the time.

Asbestos cases are clogging our courts here right now. The guy suing had a pack of cigarets in his pocket and was suing for lung cancer. :cuckoo:

I was the first one questioned... I told the lawyers they need to school their client a bit better as he had a pack of cigarets in his pocket.....it didn't make a good case for lung cancer.

My little schooling of the lawyers poisoned a jury pool of 250 people... we all got dismissed. :lol::lol::lol:

I've never been called.

That is wrong Syrenn; a Florida Summons explains exclusions, your post contains one. "Children under age _____".

Sorry, i didn't say anything about someone being under age. We had a woman come with her child becasue she was unable to find child care... the judge threatened her with contempt. Told her to report the next day...without the kid.

Its not wrong.... not in SF its not. You can claim as much financial hardship as you want..and it makes no difference.

What will get you out is if you claim you don't speak English or if you have a provable medical issue.

Ok, then it is burden on you. Usually people are called may be once every ten years. For me, 15 years between being called.

Its not a financial burden on me.... its an annoyance. I know people who have never been called....and i get called like clockwork..They can call you ever year if you don't serve...and every two years if you do serve.

They call me every year.

Forum List

Back