Jury delivers involuntary manslaughter verdict in Oakland shooting

I remember that case. It was a sad thing.

I would like to know what Ms. Johnson wanted, basically, if the judge gives the officer prison time, he signs his death warrant. What exactly does she want?

Immie

i looked at some pics...they are amazing shaped the same....i dont know about the weight either.....

let me see what the net says...its all on the net you know.

Did BART cop who killed Oscar Grant mistake gun for Taser? | San Francisco Bay View

1. The manual states that the Taser X26 weighs 7 ounces. Depending on model and bullets loaded, a Glock pistol can weigh from 25-38 ounces. You don’t have to be a weapons expert to feel the difference between holding about two pounds and holding less than half a pound – try it.

2. Police pistols are all black, sometimes with a very dark brown grip. The X26 has bright yellow markings on it. It also has a 2-digit LED display.

3. The X26 has a safety on the grip that must be released. The Glock safety is on the trigger.

Last edited:
Did BART cop who killed Oscar Grant mistake gun for Taser? | San Francisco Bay View

1. The manual states that the Taser X26 weighs 7 ounces. Depending on model and bullets loaded, a Glock pistol can weigh from 25-38 ounces. You don’t have to be a weapons expert to feel the difference between holding about two pounds and holding less than half a pound – try it.

2. Police pistols are all black, sometimes with a very dark brown grip. The X26 has bright yellow markings on it. It also has a 2-digit LED display.

3. The X26 has a safety on the grip that must be released. The Glock safety is on the trigger.

taser-x26-police-issue.jpg

glock-36.jpg

From what I have read, it seems that Oscar Grant was involved in a brawl, and was being arrested along with several others by the officer in question.

Oscar resisted arrest and fell to the ground, when the officer pulled his pistol and shot the unarmed suspect. The officer claims he intended to pull his taser, but mistakenly pulled his pistol in the heat of the moment. It would depend upon the video...if he took the time to aim, then he clearly realized it was a pistol. If he hip-fired after rapidly drawing, however, then it likely was an accident. Given that the Jury saw the video and thought it was accidental (involuntary), I would say it was accident.

Unfortunate for everyone involved.

Last edited:
Tried convicted and soon to be sentenced. hellbitch she ain't satisfied.

so do you think the cop got away with murder?
Considering that they arrested the other brawlers without additional shootings, and that the Jury convicted him of involuntary manslaughter, I don't believe the officer in question is a murderer.

I suppose the most important question, for the Jury, was motive. The officer in question had no personal grudge against the victim, had arrested plenty of black men without incident in the past, and did not continue shooting the other black men arrested at the time.

If, as you are hinting, the officer committed murder, what was his motive?

there is no hinting.....just curious....i didnt know all that about his background. i do wonder about his training...mistaking a taser gun for a glock....but in the heat of the moment many things happen.

motive...you do know there are people who just want the experience of killing a human....you just never know what lurks in the hearts of men or women.

Involuntary? So...his finger just twiched on the trigger?

Showed up for work...voluntary.
Made a choice to use force on a person already on the ground...voluntary.
Different trigger guards, safetys, weights, colors, holders, holder locations means... voluntary choice of weapon.
voluntary taking of a life without cause or threat...second degree murder at a minimum.

there is no hinting.....just curious....i didnt know all that about his background. i do wonder about his training...mistaking a taser gun for a glock....but in the heat of the moment many things happen.
It's an amateurish mistake that police cannot afford to make, which is why I am glad he has to serve some prison time.

I do not believe this is comparable to the horrific Rodney King case.

Forum List

Back