Jury convicts DeLay in money-laundering case

If wingnuts didn't lie, they'd have nothing to say. In wingnut world, Delay didn't get any support when he was accused of criminal activity

In the real world

Malkin supported Delay. So did the NRCC. SO did Barbara Comstock

Michelle Malkin TOM DELAY INDICTED

So did Denny Hastert, Blunt and bush*

DeLay indicted in campaign finance probe - Politics - msnbc.com

Too be fair, a lot of that was knee jerk uninformed support. Malkin and her ilk will support anyone with an "R" behind their name or anything that makes a "D" look bad.

A lot of DeLay's support did dry up pretty quick though. He's pretty much off the talk circuits since it became clear that the charges had legs, and his own fellow House members didn't exactly fall all over themselves to support him.

If wingnuts didn't lie, they'd have nothing to say. In wingnut world, Delay didn't get any support when he was accused of criminal activity

In the real world

Too be fair, a lot of that was knee jerk uninformed support. Malkin and her ilk will support anyone with an "R" behind their name or anything that makes a "D" look bad.

A lot of DeLay's support did dry up pretty quick though. He's pretty much off the talk circuits since it became clear that the charges had legs, and his own fellow House members didn't exactly fall all over themselves to support him.

To be fair, you'd admit that "knee jerk uninformed support" is support, and that the claim that Delay got no support from republicans is a lie

And even though I posted a proof that the House reps tried to keep him from resigning, months after being accused, you will happily lie about it, and claim his support did not last long

If wingnuts didn't lie, they'd have nothing to say

In the real world

To be fair, you'd admit that "knee jerk uninformed support" is support, and that the claim that Delay got no support from republicans is a lie

And even though I posted a proof that the House reps tried to keep him from resigning, months after being accused, you will happily lie about it, and claim his support did not last long

You may be the only poster on USMB that thinks I'm a Right Wing Wingnut, you know that?

In the early days when this started, DeLay did enjoy support. I don't deny that. What I'm saying is that the support died off in an increbily fast manner. Nixon inspired more support than DeLay did.

Folks like Delay are only popular as long as they are successful. Once he had to resign the Speaker's post, the end was in sight for him. I know that some of his most die hard supporters dropped him like a rock when he decided to run for his old seat just to drum up money for his defense. Once the charges really got attention, he enjoyed even less support.

For a politican, one that was both successful and well known, DeLay's fall from grace was about the fastest you can fall without a dead girl or a live boy.

You may be the only poster on USMB that thinks I'm a Right Wing Wingnut, you know that?

In the early days when this started, DeLay did enjoy support. I don't deny that. What I'm saying is that the support died off in an increbily fast manner. Nixon inspired more support than DeLay did.

Folks like Delay are only popular as long as they are successful. Once he had to resign the Speaker's post, the end was in sight for him. I know that some of his most die hard supporters dropped him like a rock when he decided to run for his old seat just to drum up money for his defense. Once the charges really got attention, he enjoyed even less support.

For a politican, one that was both successful and well known, DeLay's fall from grace was about the fastest you can fall without a dead girl or a live boy.

I did not call you a rightwinger. I called you a wingnut. And you are a wingnut. You want proof?

You think I said something about you being a rightwinger. That's wingnut behavior. Wingnuts love their straw men.

"In the early days when this started, DeLay did enjoy support. I don't deny that. What I'm saying is that the support died off in an increbily fast manner"

I have already proven that the republicans continued to support him long after he was first accused. Repeating your lie doesn't make it any more persuasive.

"Once he had to resign the Speaker's post, the end was in sight for him. "

Umm, he didn't resign until long after he had been accussed. And as the links I posted prove, the reps continued to support him after he resigned.

" I know that some of his most die hard supporters dropped him like a rock when he decided to run for his old seat just to drum up money for his defense."

Another lie. Campaign funds can't be used for a criminal defense and Delay received support from republicans when he last ran in 2004

Delay Departing...

In particular, pay attention to this part:

An additional impetus for putting off the resignation until now was suggested by John Feehery, a former aide to DeLay and House Speaker J. Dennis Hastert (R-Ill.). "He needed to raise money for the defense fund. That was the bottom line," Feehery said. "He wanted to make sure he could take care of himself in the court of law." Under federal campaign rules, any reelection money a lawmaker raises can be used to pay legal fees stemming from official duties.

Delay Departing...

An additional impetus for putting off the resignation until now was suggested by John Feehery, a former aide to DeLay and House Speaker J. Dennis Hastert (R-Ill.). "He needed to raise money for the defense fund. That was the bottom line," Feehery said. "He wanted to make sure he could take care of himself in the court of law." Under federal campaign rules, any reelection money a lawmaker raises can be used to pay legal fees stemming from official duties.

Another lie

You claimed that delay "decided to run for his old seat just to drum up money for his defense."

The article you post say nothing about a decision to run. It talks about a decision to not resign.

Delay Departing...

Another lie

You claimed that delay "decided to run for his old seat just to drum up money for his defense."

The article you post say nothing about a decision to run. It talks about a decision to not resign.

DeLay ran for re-election in 2006, despite being forced out of his seat. It was only when he'd handily won the primary that he stepped away and resigned. I'm not sure how to make this clearer for you.

DeLay, knowing he was going to resign his seat, stuck around and ran for reelection anyways. Why? Because, again, I quote: "Under federal campaign rules, any reelection money a lawmaker raises can be used to pay legal fees stemming from official duties. "

Where's the lie here son? Take a deep breath, calm down, and consider for a second you might just be wrong.

Delay Departing...

Another lie

DeLay ran for re-election in 2006, despite being forced out of his seat. It was only when he'd handily won the primary that he stepped away and resigned. I'm not sure how to make this clearer for you.

DeLay, knowing he was going to resign his seat, stuck around and ran for reelection anyways. Why? Because, again, I quote: "Under federal campaign rules, any reelection money a lawmaker raises can be used to pay legal fees stemming from official duties. "

Where's the lie here son? Take a deep breath, calm down, and consider for a second you might just be wrong.

You said that Delay ran again to raise money for his defense

The quote you posted says nothing about his run for re-election

Another lie

Read the article. Or best yet, read up on what happened.

DeLay actually did run for his primary nomination in 2006. DeLay had a lot of reasons for this, and the article as a whole goes into it. Part of it was pure spite. DeLay wanted to swat down people he saw as "opportunists" who were trying to jockey for his seat once it became clear he would resign. Part of it was it gave him an opportunity to hit up contributors to his campaign for contributions to his legal fund. Part of it was the fact that under the law he could just roll over his campaign funds to his legal defense fund.

DeLay really was something else.

Read the article. Or best yet, read up on what happened.

DeLay actually did run for his primary nomination in 2006. DeLay had a lot of reasons for this, and the article as a whole goes into it. Part of it was pure spite. DeLay wanted to swat down people he saw as "opportunists" who were trying to jockey for his seat once it became clear he would resign. Part of it was it gave him an opportunity to hit up contributors to his campaign for contributions to his legal fund. Part of it was the fact that under the law he could just roll over his campaign funds to his legal defense fund.

DeLay really was something else.

Your straw men are just as weak as your lies. No one has argued that he ran in 2006.

You said that he ran so he could raise money for his defense. You said the article supportd you and posted a quote, which you falsely implied proved you right. The quote said nothing about his run in 2006. You even repeat your lie, but you still can't post a quote to support your inane cliam

I was reffering to the 2008 Election. ;) :lol: He got nailed even before Primary Season started. I guess I'll probably be supporting Romney again.

Ditto. I like Romney in 2008, and would have probably voted for him if he'd carried the primary. I can easily see me supporting him in 2012.

Biggest issue he faces is the fact he's a Mormon. If he gets past that he's a shoe in.

He cannot get passed that. There aren't enough votes in the primary without the Southern Baptist votes, which is much of the Southeast. The SBC believes that Mormonism is a cult. It's their official dogma, and they rarely change their mind, if ever.

Forum List

Back