Jury convicts DeLay in money-laundering case

This ain't about Democrats.

Right Wing Architects of the GOP Control of Congress a few years back. :evil:

Abramoff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Its about doing the same thing. I guess it all depends on who is in the white house at the time.

I guess not.
the whitehouse has nothing to do with violating a state law and prosecuted in a state court.
When the feds are involved in the investigation I guess the white house does have something to say about or at least the person who was appointed by the white house.

Austin news, sports, weather, Longhorns, business | Statesman.com

By Mike Ward and Laylan Copelin | Wednesday, November 24, 2010, 01:27 PM

Update: 5 p.m.:
Tom DeLay, the former U.S. House majority leader whose name became synonymous with the Republicans’ controversial rise to power in the Texas House, was found guilty today of laundering money in connection with the 2002 elections.

Jurors sent a note on yellow legal paper that a verdict had been reached to the judge at 4:46 p.m. They had deliberated since Monday afternoon.

DeLay was charged with money laundering and conspiracy to commit money. He faces a possible sentence of 5-99 years in prison and a maximum $10,000 fine on the money laundering charge, and 2-20 years in prison and a possible $10,000 fine on the conspiracy charge.

Prosecutors earlier said they believe the DeLay case is the first such criminal charge ever filed over Texas’ century-old prohibition on corporate contributions in state political races.
Delay, a Republican who was nicknamed “The Hammer” because of his heavy-handed style, was accused of conspiring to funnel $190,000 of corporate money through the Republican National Committee, which sent $190,000 in campaign donations to seven GOP candidates for the Texas House.

State law prohibits corporations from giving donations to candidates directly or indirectly.

leats they got him. looks like the hammer got the hammer, you play you pay. well wait, play pay is an unfortunate metaphor we see at work in DC and what got him there, uhm you do wrong, you get caught, you get screwed.:doubt:

Last edited:
Convicted on circumstantial evidence, in a Kangaroo Court. The Appeal should be interesting. Too bad for him his name isn't Charles Rangel.

:(

seriously Dude, you are in need of a rest. Delay was as big a crook as they come.
....And, he ADMITTED IT!!!!!!

"The criminalization of politics undermines our very system...."

529.gif

Austin news, sports, weather, Longhorns, business | Statesman.com

By Mike Ward and Laylan Copelin | Wednesday, November 24, 2010, 01:27 PM

Update: 5 p.m.:
Tom DeLay, the former U.S. House majority leader whose name became synonymous with the Republicans’ controversial rise to power in the Texas House, was found guilty today of laundering money in connection with the 2002 elections.

Jurors sent a note on yellow legal paper that a verdict had been reached to the judge at 4:46 p.m. They had deliberated since Monday afternoon.

DeLay was charged with money laundering and conspiracy to commit money. He faces a possible sentence of 5-99 years in prison and a maximum $10,000 fine on the money laundering charge, and 2-20 years in prison and a possible $10,000 fine on the conspiracy charge.

Prosecutors earlier said they believe the DeLay case is the first such criminal charge ever filed over Texas’ century-old prohibition on corporate contributions in state political races.
Delay, a Republican who was nicknamed “The Hammer” because of his heavy-handed style, was accused of conspiring to funnel $190,000 of corporate money through the Republican National Committee, which sent $190,000 in campaign donations to seven GOP candidates for the Texas House.

State law prohibits corporations from giving donations to candidates directly or indirectly.

Convicted on circumstantial evidence, in a Kangaroo Court. The Appeal should be interesting. Too bad for him his name isn't Charles Rangel.

charles rangel wasn't a money launderer...

This is why our system is screwed up. I think the new GOP Speaker, John Boehner passing out bribes on the House Floor and being video taped doing it is much, much worse.

And don't go asking me for links right wingers. You can go to Youtube and watch yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
do you think thats what he deserves?

I do. He's had his fingers in corruption for awhile with no consequence.

so he deserves life imprisonment for playing with campaign money? seriously?

money laundering has specific predicate acts and specific penalties.

why would you think he doesn't deserve to go to jail for money laundering.

and, fwiw, there is discretion in sentencing. his chances of getting life are virtually nil.

He's finally going to prison. Up to life inprisonment.
he will be likely to get maybe 5 yrs out in 2 and spend his incarceration in a country club prison with a golf course.

It would be nice if he was put in a tent prison run by Sheriff Arapho though :D

Its about doing the same thing. I guess it all depends on who is in the white house at the time.

I guess not.
the whitehouse has nothing to do with violating a state law and prosecuted in a state court.
When the feds are involved in the investigation I guess the white house does have something to say about or at least the person who was appointed by the white house.

Umm seems like to me that the investigation took place under Bush. So you may be correct.
but keep whining maybe someone will give you some cheese to go with it.

I do. He's had his fingers in corruption for awhile with no consequence.

and, fwiw, there is discretion in sentencing. his chances of getting life are virtually nil.

I never said he doesn't deserve to go to jail.

I was asking sarah what her thoughts were based on her posts.

What??? I can't divert money from my election fund to other causes....hmmmm, my summer home, uhhh enron stock fund, hmmmmmmmmmmm.............

I never said he doesn't deserve to go to jail.

I was asking sarah what her thoughts were based on her posts.

she said he was finally going to jail.. for up to the rest of his life.

you asked if she thought that was what he deserved. i thought the implication was that you *didn't* think he deserved to go to jail or you wouldn't have asked.

Forum List

Back