Jury Awards 4 Cents to Estate of Black Man Killed By Florida Deputy

Have you ever called the police on someone who wasn't breaking the law just to cause them trouble?

• Never

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • Once

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Occassionally

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Regularly

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Wasn't there, don't know. But, police were responding to a noise complaint, not a report of a drunk. If you arc up with cops when they show up at your door it's not going to go well for you.
You don't have to let them in just because they show up for a noise complaint or even answer the door, but the point is the penalty for a noise complaint is not supposed to be death.

According to news reports, Gregory Hill had over three times the legal limit to drive in Florida.

Also,

The African-American father of three was a man with an imperfect past. He had several traffic violations on his record—serious violations, according to The New York Times—and had been drinking long before law enforcement arrived.

Family of Gregory Vaughn Hill Jr. Seeks Justice After Sheriff's Deputies Penalized $4 in Controversial Killing - Legal Reader
And at what point during this event was he driving a vehicle while impaired?

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Like 99% of all the others, all he had to do was follow instructions.

Your vile effort to lie by omission is pathetic.

He had raised the garage door then refused to follow instructions and closed the garage door. He was found with an unloaded revolver in his back pocket. Something he would have done to get the garage door down.
No what is vile is your apparent belief that the 4th Amendment protections only apply to some citizens, not all:

Question: In the state of Florida, do I have to answer the door or allow the police to enter my home if they knock? (relevant sections bolded below)
Police in Florida Can Knock on Your Door Without a Warrant, but Their Access is Limited

In order for the police to be able to search your home for evidence of a crime, they either have to have a valid search warrant or they have to have consent from the owner or someone with proper authorization to give that consent. For the latter method, the police are generally allowed to walk up to your front door, knock and ask to come inside. As long as people give the police permission to come inside their homes and search, the police almost never have to get search warrants by explaining to a judge what legal reason they have to enter a residence. Therefore, it is important for people to understand that they can always (and usually should) refuse when police ask to search their property.

Unless your property is gated or otherwise partitioned from public access, the police can go to your door, knock and try to get permission to enter in Florida. What can the police do if you do not answer the door or if you are not home? If you are not home, they cannot enter since they would not have permission. They would have to get a search warrant from a judge. If you are home, the police can see or hear that you are home and you do not come to the door, can they enter the home?

[snipped]...The police can knock on the door and wait briefly, but if someone does not open the door in a reasonably short period of time, the police have to leave. Essentially, they have to act like a normal visitor would. Normal visitors do not walk around to a window, look inside and knock on the window to try and gain access. snipped]

And you actually believe that.

They found no gun in his hand.

Like 99% of all the others, all he had to do was follow instructions.

Your vile effort to lie by omission is pathetic.

He had raised the garage door then refused to follow instructions and closed the garage door. He was found with an unloaded revolver in his back pocket. Something he would have done to get the garage door down.

I've lied about nothing. He was found with a gun with no bullets in it in his back pocket and I guess that justifies the killing. This is a fucked up forum.

According to news reports, Gregory Hill had over three times the legal limit to drive in Florida.

Also,

The African-American father of three was a man with an imperfect past. He had several traffic violations on his record—serious violations, according to The New York Times—and had been drinking long before law enforcement arrived.

Family of Gregory Vaughn Hill Jr. Seeks Justice After Sheriff's Deputies Penalized $4 in Controversial Killing - Legal Reader

The standard white attempt to justify a police murder. Naturally a mentally retarded white racist will try using this as an argument. It's legal to drink at home.

Also,

The standard white attempt to justify a police murder. Naturally a mentally retarded white racist will try using this as an argument. It's legal to drink at home.
We're both upset about it. 4 cents is too much!

I don't know how they determined that either, but from the few facts in the article, it looks like it was a justified shooting. So they got to the right verdict, but in a way that makes no sense. The next question is, who were the people on the jury and what exactly was said? Often they like to place a few blacks on the jury to make it "equal" without regard to the blacks' lack of intellect so maybe that's the only conclusion they could all agree on.
I don't know how they determined that either, but from the few facts in the article, it looks like it was a justified shooting.
Well I obviously don't agree
Supposedly the cops said he had a gun on him and that he was pointing it at them and not following commands and then just happened to find one on him. Coincidence? I doubt it.
but I also have read nothing about this case other than this article as well as a couple others from the previous day. This article explains it a bit why I posted the story:
Taken Without Incident: Why White Criminals End Up Alive

Now regarding your statement "the blacks' lack of intellect', what is that about? Do you even know any black people?
I try to avoid them. I use statistics for that kind of thing.

Wasn't there, don't know. But, police were responding to a noise complaint, not a report of a drunk. If you arc up with cops when they show up at your door it's not going to go well for you.
You don't have to let them in just because they show up for a noise complaint or even answer the door, but the point is the penalty for a noise complaint is not supposed to be death.

Once AGAIN. All he had to do was comply with a legal order and he'd be fine today.

Yep, sure is legal to drink yourself stupid at home. It seems that was his habit when driving too. So how smart is he?

It is NOT legal however to disturb the peace. So what does this guy do, open the garage door, with a weapon, totally blotto and then closes the door in the face of police? Yeah boy, brilliant!

Since he had serious legal problems with the police on the road in the past. What do you think his attitude was when he was totally drunk and the police come knocking on his door for noise?

How is this possible?
Blacks%20shot%20by-S.jpg

Once AGAIN. All he had to do was comply with a legal order and he'd be fine today.
That requires being human, not a dumb animal. Clearly the pro-blacks here believe blacks to be dumb animals unfit to follow basic commands that even some dogs would understand.

Yep, sure is legal to drink yourself stupid at home. It seems that was his habit when driving too. So how smart is he?

It is NOT legal however to disturb the peace. So what does this guy do, open the garage door, with a weapon, totally blotto and then closes the door in the face of police? Yeah boy, brilliant!

Since he had serious legal problems with the police on the road in the past. What do you think his attitude was when he was totally drunk and the police come knocking on his door for noise?

How is this possible?
Blacks%20shot%20by-S.jpg

Try Finding the Crime Statistics Bureau.

More stormfront bullshit.

No, no, you don't get that one. This was a senseless police murder. Period.

No, no, you don't get that one. This was a senseless police murder. Period.
Why do shit-colored retards have so much trouble following simple police commands?

Oh oops I think I answered my own question!

How is this possible?
Blacks%20shot%20by-S.jpg

Try Finding the Crime Statistics Bureau.

More stormfront bullshit.

That's for San Francisco.

Show us how vastly different the records are with the Crime Statistics Bureau.

Forum List

Back