Jurassic World

Sgt_Gath

Diamond Member
Jul 25, 2014
I just saw Jurassic World last night.

I really liked it. On the JP spectrum, I think I'd put it behind the first movie, but well ahead of any of the other sequels. It's no where near as obnoxiously preachy as the Lost World, and no where near as pointless as Jurassic Park III.

Pros:

It doesn't take itself too seriously, and has a good sense of humor. I think I actually read that the script was originally supposed to be a spoof that they ultimately decided to play straight. Chris Pratt is basically perfect for the role for that exact reason. :lol:

The rest of the cast is really good as well, with a few obnoxious exceptions here and there (Vincent D'onofrio's character in particular was kind of an overplayed stereotype, IMO - All he was missing was a cowboy hat and a Texas accent).

The action is really good, and so are the raptors and the main monster.​

Cons:

It drags just a tad in the first 30 minutes or so, and gives off the impression that they're trying a bit too hard to imitate the wonder of the first movie.

While Chris Pratt was great in the more humorous scenes, I found it hard to take him seriously when he was trying to put on his "super serious" voice. It was like "Yea... Whatever you say, Starlord." :lol:

It's not as scary as the first couple of movies, largely due to the overuse of CGI. I really miss the animatronics of the the first two films.

Some of the action setpieces get a bit silly, but I'm frankly willing to forgive that, as it adds into the "doesn't take itself too seriously" angle.​

Overall: I'd give it a 7.5 out of 10.

I really liked it. On the JP spectrum, I think I'd put it behind the first movie, but well ahead of any of the other sequels. It's no where near as obnoxiously preachy as the Lost World, and no where near as pointless as Jurassic Park III.

Pros:

It doesn't take itself too seriously, and has a good sense of humor. I think I actually read that the script was originally supposed to be a spoof that they ultimately decided to play straight. Chris Pratt is basically perfect for the role for that exact reason. :lol:

The rest of the cast is really good as well, with a few obnoxious exceptions here and there (Vincent D'onofrio's character in particular was kind of an overplayed stereotype, IMO - All he was missing was a cowboy hat and a Texas accent).

Cons:

It drags just a tad in the first 30 minutes or so, and gives off the impression that they're trying a bit too hard to imitate the wonder of the first movie.

While Chris Pratt was great in the more humorous scenes, I found it hard to take him seriously when he was trying to put on his "super serious" voice. It was like "Yea... Whatever you say, Starlord." :lol:

It's not as scary as the first couple of movies, largely due to the overuse of CGI. I really miss the animatronics of the the first two films.

Some of the action setpieces get a bit silly, but I'm frankly willing to forgive that, as it adds into the "doesn't take itself too seriously" angle.​

It sounds pretty good. The ads I've seen look awesome. I do think it seems kind of dumb that the guy "controls" the dinosaurs though, at least that's the impression I got from the ads I saw. :)

Did you go 3D or regular?

Regular.

It sounds pretty good. The ads I've seen look awesome. I do think it seems kind of dumb that the guy "controls" the dinosaurs though, at least that's the impression I got from the ads I saw. :)

I was thinking the same thing when I saw the trailer, but, actually, that part wasn't all that bad.

They're still pretty damn wild, and very dangerous. They just trust him because he's raised, fed, and trained them since they first hatched.

As for the rest of the movie, I'd definitely recommend it! :D

Does the T-Rex do anything awesome against the new dinosaur?

Yes, but I won't spoil anything. lol

Pros:

Cons:

I think he asserted himself as the alpha male but just with a group of whatever he hangs with maybe 3 dinosaurs or 4 I don't know. so maybe that explains how he is safe out among the predators

I took my son to it. I thought it was entertaining, but was rather stupid. It's like the horror movies characters that no matter what make the worst decision possible, simply because it's the worst decision possible. Much of the acting was subpar. The premise was off and the sequence of events didn't match up.

It had some entertainment value, but all and all it was a bad movie. The original was far far better than this one. However, you are correct, it was better than the 2nd and 3rd installments, which were horrendous!

Forum List

Back