Jurassic Park?

-Cp

Sep 23, 2004
Earth
Jurassic Park?
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7285683

A 70-million-year-old Tyrannosaurus rex fossil dug out of a hunk of sandstone has yielded soft tissue, including blood vessels and perhaps even whole cells, U.S. researchers reported on Thursday.

Paleontologists forced to break the creature's massive thighbone to get it on a helicopter found not a solid piece of fossilized bone, but instead something looking a bit less like a rock.

When they got it into a lab and chemically removed the hard minerals, they found what looked like blood vessels, bone cells and perhaps even blood cells.

Here's more on Yahoo News:
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050324/ap_on_sc/t_rex_tissues

Be sure to check out the video too.. :)

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Dang, one of the coolest discoveries made, and nobody has comments?!?!?!

-Cp said:
Dang, one of the coolest discoveries made, and nobody has comments?!?!?!
I think it cool as hell but not getting a response on a post you are interested seems to be a problem today

let the army breed a bunch of 'em. Lets see how brave the valiant mujahadeen warriors become when a f'n T-Rex is commn' down the road.

theim said:
let the army breed a bunch of 'em. Lets see how brave the valiant mujahadeen warriors become when a f'n T-Rex is commn' down the road.

:rock: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Freakin' hilarious!!!

It'd be cool if they could clone about 100 of them and just release them into the middle east :p

they would slit their own throats! lol

"...what curse is this that Allah has brought upon us...we must be damned!"

Ya know what... I think in the name of science, scientists are almost "OBLIGATED" to clone one of these things.

You can't tell me that we couldn't build an enclosure secure enough to contain it.

Pale Rider said:
Ya know what... I think in the name of science, scientists are almost "OBLIGATED" to clone one these things.

You can't tell me that we couldn't build an enclosure secure enough to contain it.
hmmmmmmmmmmmm--who do we know that knows how to handle lizards ???????

dilloduck said:
I think Joz is afraid of anything even remotely similar to a reptile !
There's ALOT of things I'm afraid of. That's not my reason.

Forum List

Back