June Cleaver dies at 94

Was not a cliche. She passed away recently at age 94.

Moms WERE like that in the 1950s to early 60s.

Thats what made LITB so enduring and nostalgic..........................

i think she was what men wished wives were then. you know, cleaning the house in pearls and a dress... drink ready for hubby when he walked in the door...

i don't think anyone really lived like that.

Wow... thats sad.

I liked that show as a kid.

& yes, she was kind of a crush of mine too (with those pearls and all).

JuneCleaver2crop.jpg

Last edited:
That was a time when a family could live well from only one income.
That changed with Reagan.

I'm thinking that with Reagan what happened is that after years of the GNP increasing steadily due to increased efficiency in the work place (new machines, inventions, etc), we were running out of ways to get more productive, and America was used to the standard of living steadily increasing from year to year. With salaries no longer increasing (because of corporations not increasing their net production like they used to be able to do), the next solution was for women to enter the workplace, thereby preserving the increasing trend for the GNP and America's appetite for increasing standard of living. Coincidentally this happened during Reagan, but I'm not sure if that really means anything.

Now, with women mostly enterred into the workforce, the next step was to get illegal aliens to work on the cheap. But with more and more government benefits becoming accessible to them, I'm not sure how long that model can continue.

Her scenes with Eddie Haskell were the best as she would cringe as Eddie sucked up to her

Forum List

Back