Jumping Ship: Three Prominent WV Democrats Will Not Attend National Convention...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
Wow, looks like the Democratic Party is imploding. The rats can't get off that sinking ship fast enough.

In West Virginia’s presidential primary, 41 percent of Democrats voted for convicted felon, Keith Judd, over President Barack Obama, and, yesterday, three of the state’s most prominent Democrats announced they would not be attending the Democratic National Convention in North Carolina, according to CBS News.

Senator Joe Manchin, who has said he was not sure if he would even vote for Obama in November, Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin, and Rep. Nick Rahall want nothing to do with Obama and his liberal policies that are unpopular among blue collar voters Appalachia.

"I intend to spend this fall focused on the people of West Virginia, whether that's representing them in my official U.S. Senate duties or here at home, where I can hear about their concerns and ideas to solve the problems of this great nation,” Manchin said in a statement. “I will remain focused on bringing people together for the next generation, not the next election."

If Obama becomes even more unpopular leading up to the convention, one can only wonder how many other moderate Democrats, for self-preservation, will think about not being anywhere near Obama as the convention date approaches.

Jumping Ship: Three Prominent West Virginia Democrats Will Not Attend National Convention

Wow! That's huge. Nick Rahall - not surprised. Manchin I am, however. He was a huge Obama supporter.

Wow! That's huge. Nick Rahall - not surprised. Manchin I am, however. He was a huge Obama supporter.

Yeah, Manchin is still a head-scratcher. Not sure how he won last time. But this is big. Obama has turned out to be a failed divider. It's too bad though, because he did have promise. Unfortunately, he just fell back on old traditional Democrat tactics like Race-Baiting and Class Warfare. He could have been different, but he blew it. Now even his fellow Democrats are seeing that.

The wheels are comin' off....:lol:

No kidding.

The Mountaineers saw the "benefits" of Obama's "Green Policy" just as all those coal mines starting shutting down...

Obama and the Democrats hate them. What took them so long to figure that out? Manchin should switch to the GOP as soon as possible. His days are definitely numbered.

Yeah, Manchin is still a head-scratcher. Not sure how he won last time. But this is big. Obama has turned out to be a failed divider. It's too bad though, because he did have promise. Unfortunately, he just fell back on old traditional Democrat tactics like Race-Baiting and Class Warfare. He could have been different, but he blew it. Now even his fellow Democrats are seeing that.

I've been through Farmington (his home) many times. The family OWNS the whole damned town (there's not much there by the way). OLD MONEY they are.
The majority of people up there, and in the nearby towns (like Mannington, for example) - Many, and I mean MANY are old, or younger - but on welfare. Absolutely NO jobs. Lots of welfare-case young people live in many of the older homes, which are now HUD homes. Crime, break-ins, a real mess.

If they re-elect Manchin, they're idiots. He hasn't done a damned thing for them and he's distancing himself from Obama now in an attempt to save his ass.

I've been through Farmington (his home) many times. The family OWNS the whole damned town (there's not much there by the way). OLD MONEY they are.
The majority of people up there, and in the nearby towns (like Mannington, for example) - Many, and I mean MANY are old, or younger - but on welfare. Absolutely NO jobs. Lots of welfare-case young people live in many of the older homes, which are now HUD homes. Crime, break-ins, a real mess.

If they re-elect Manchin, they're idiots. He hasn't done a damned thing for them and he's distancing himself from Obama now in an attempt to save his ass.

Yeah, i thought it was strange they would re-elect a Democrat. He has been a miserable failure. This could buy him some time. But he'll probably have to switch to the GOP to save himself. Obama & the Democrats despise West Virginians. Looks like they're finally realizing that.

These and any other Democrat that turns against Obama will simply be branded a racist. How can you be racist when you voted for him the first time? It's not racism. It's The Obama Economy.

These and any other Democrat that turns against Obama will simply be branded a racist. How can you be racist when you voted for him the first time? It's not racism. It's The Obama Economy.

Race-Baiting & Class Warfare are all the Democratic Party has left. Once Americans figure that out, the Democrats will be hurting bigtime.

Those racist republicans, oh wait they're democrats, or should I say Dixiecrats. LOLOLOL

Wow, looks like the Democratic Party is imploding. The rats can't get off that sinking ship fast enough.

In West Virginia’s presidential primary, 41 percent of Democrats voted for convicted felon, Keith Judd, over President Barack Obama, and, yesterday, three of the state’s most prominent Democrats announced they would not be attending the Democratic National Convention in North Carolina, according to CBS News.

Senator Joe Manchin, who has said he was not sure if he would even vote for Obama in November, Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin, and Rep. Nick Rahall want nothing to do with Obama and his liberal policies that are unpopular among blue collar voters Appalachia.

"I intend to spend this fall focused on the people of West Virginia, whether that's representing them in my official U.S. Senate duties or here at home, where I can hear about their concerns and ideas to solve the problems of this great nation,” Manchin said in a statement. “I will remain focused on bringing people together for the next generation, not the next election."

If Obama becomes even more unpopular leading up to the convention, one can only wonder how many other moderate Democrats, for self-preservation, will think about not being anywhere near Obama as the convention date approaches.

Jumping Ship: Three Prominent West Virginia Democrats Will Not Attend National Convention

Are you trying to send liesmaters into vapour lock?

Last edited:

Have you seen this? This is really getting interesting. :D

Another Democrat facing a close re-election contest is skipping the Democratic National Convention this summer.

Pennsylvania Rep. Mark Critz will not appear at the gathering of Democrats in Charlotte, N.C., to officially re-nominate Obama for president, Shira Toeplitz of Roll Call reports.

Critz spokesman Matthew Mazonkey did not respond to a request for comment from The Daily Caller on Tuesday.

Another Democrat in close race skipping Democratic National Convention | The Daily Caller

Just wait, when Romney wins West Virginia by 40 points, they're gonna take 7 hours to call the state.

Forum List

Back