July deadliest month for troops in Afghanistan

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
GENEVA - A U.S. service member was killed as the deadliest month for foreign troops in the Afghanistan war drew to a close, the U.S. military said on Friday, with commanders vowing to continue the fight despite the toll.

The death in southern Afghanistan brought to 40 the number of U.S. troops killed in July, by far the heaviest monthly toll in the 8-year-old war. The worst previous month for U.S. forces was in September 2008, when 26 were killed.

Deadliest month for troops in Afghanistan - Afghanistan- msnbc.com

no this should not be in another forum...this should be here...where people cannot ignore it...

no one seems to care that these men/woman are dying for this country. think of them, pray or whatever you do ..for these people....we are doing nothing but worrying about car trade ins and other trivia stuff.....

I think our role in Afghanistan, as currently structured, is a mistake, and I'd like to see our troops come home.

People care, but do remember that the people in that war volunteered to serve., so the American people don't care quitre so much as they might if those troops had been draftees.

Yeah, I definitely DO think that makes a difference in our overall interest in foreign affairs like this.

I think our role in Afghanistan, as currently structured, is a mistake, and I'd like to see our troops come home.

People care, but do remember that the people in that war volunteered to serve., so the American people don't care quitre so much as they might if those troops had been draftees.

Yeah, I definitely DO think that makes a difference in our overall interest in foreign affairs like this.

Ed, would ya take a second to explain how people care more for draftees than they do volunteers?

I think you're a little confused... A draftee is about as worthelss as spurs on a pillow; meaning they're counter productive to the purpose they supposedly serve; I don't see how any reasonable person could be more concerned for someone who allowed themselves to be captured and sent to war, than for someone who saw something worth fighting for, man'd up and voluntarily did what he had to do to get the job done.

Beyond that, it's absurd beyond measure to suggest that no one cares about the troops in Afghanistan, or anywhere else for that matter.

But the US should pull the troops from Afghanistan and every other place on earth, until such time that we can secure an American in the Executive, who has the means to identify the enemy, define victory and isn't afraid to call what those troops are engaged in, "A WAR."

Frankly, there needs to be a US Constitutional amendment which precludes the US from having ANY US troops engaged in COMBAT anywhere in the world while the US Legislature and/or the US Executive is occupied by a Leftist Majority...

Pull them out ... Bring them home
Shit stains new man in charge wants more sent over.

Gen. Stanley A. McChrystal, who took charge of U.S. and NATO forces in Afghanistan last month, appears inclined to request an increase in American troops to implement the new strategy, which aims to use more unconventional methods to combat the growing Taliban insurgency, according to members of an advisory group he convened to work on the assessment.

washingtonpost.com

Hell i thought everyone knew this already, it's been all over the network news and its been on the NY Times front page several times, oh wait ........

it needs to be all over the news....in people's faces....daily death counts were done under bush but no longer seem to matter under obama...brits are taking heavy losses....i want the us out of the wars...but with honor...and i would like to see victory but that is not gonna happen i am afraid...

Ed, would ya take a second to explain how people care more for draftees than they do volunteers?

It's not that they care about the trooops more, it's that they care about the war more or less, depending on whether they think they or their children might become involved in it.

I think you're a little confused... A draftee is about as worthelss as spurs on a pillow; meaning they're counter productive to the purpose they supposedly serve; I don't see how any reasonable person could be more concerned for someone who allowed themselves to be captured and sent to war, than for someone who saw something worth fighting for, man'd up and voluntarily did what he had to do to get the job done.

You aren't worth a pimple on the ass of those crappy volunteers who fought WWII, Korea and Viet Nam, lad.

Beyond that, it's absurd beyond measure to suggest that no one cares about the troops in Afghanistan, or anywhere else for that matter.

So you don't care about those troops, Publie? Of course you don't. You're a keyboard veteran, aren't you, sonny?

But the US should pull the troops from Afghanistan and every other place on earth, until such time that we can secure an American in the Executive, who has the means to identify the enemy, define victory and isn't afraid to call what those troops are engaged in, "A WAR."

Yeah, right. Whatever, chickenhawk.

Frankly, there needs to be a US Constitutional amendment which precludes the US from having ANY US troops engaged in COMBAT anywhere in the world while the US Legislature and/or the US Executive is occupied by a Leftist Majority...

Sounds like a goal.

You ought to start working on that.

The democrats can't make political hay of these soldiers deaths, so don't expect them to get the same coverage as those in Iraq.

Forum List

Back