July 30 Saturday- Reid bill stuck at 56, House votes it down ahead of time

Trajan

conscientia mille testes
Jun 17, 2010
The Bay Area Soviet
harry needs 60 for cloture to bring it to the floor, he appears to be short, meanwhile the house just voted it down ahead of time as advertised, with bipartisan support too.

House Defeats Reid Plan - What's Next? - The Note

posters here and the media having told us it sux so that the reps didn't send a bill, (though they did ) but ried and the dems killed it by a table vote measure, and now that the reps actually had an open floor vote up or down with bipartsian support rejecting it, how do they make the reps guilty again?

Beats me, but they will try.... :lol:

hopefully this knocks down any nonsense that Boehner isn't crafty himself, this was a brilliant move.

Last edited:
"Bipartisan support". :lol:

11 Democrats = Bipartisan now? Thanks for the laugh Trajan.

But really, the Senate should come up with a compromise bill at this point and then send it back to the House.

Also, Boehner isn't crafty. If he was, his bill would have passed in the first place. Not taken three times along with major concessions to the Tea Party Caucus.

But really, the Senate should come up with a compromise bill at this point and then send it back to the House.

Also, Boehner isn't crafty. If he was, his bill would have passed in the first place. Not taken three times along with major concessions to the Tea Party Caucus.

Obama got a "couple" rhinos to vote for healthcare and then proclaimed it bipartisan. So thanks for the laughs indeed, at your expense no less.

11 out of 51 is what percentage? ;)

22 out of 242? Plus how many? I know you can figure out what the hell you are laughing about. Explain to the rest of us.

Obama got a "couple" rhinos to vote for healthcare and then proclaimed it bipartisan. So thanks for the laughs indeed, at your expense no less.

Deflection on your part, quite understandable but still laughable. But I give you an B or effort. :thup:

You don't see me sitting here talking about the healthcare bill. However, I see you, much like the rest of your party is obsessed with ideological purity. All the sheep must fall into line or otherwise they're not "pure" enough to be considered a member of the party. And you call yourself non-partisan. :rofl:

22 out of 242? Plus how many? I know you can figure out what the hell you are laughing about. Explain to the rest of us.

11 out of 51? What numbers are you using? There is 193 democrats.

11/193 = 0.05%.

22/242 = 0.09%.

By your definition then, opposition for Boehner's plan was more bipartisan than for Reid's bill.

Nice epic fail Annie. :rofl:

Deflection on your part, quite understandable but still laughable. But I give you an B or effort. :thup:

You don't see me sitting here talking about the healthcare bill. However, I see you, much like the rest of your party is obsessed with ideological purity. All the sheep must fall into line or otherwise they're not "pure" enough to be considered a member of the party. And you call yourself non-partisan. :rofl:

Purity tests? We have

Latino
Mexican
Women
Gays
Old
Young
New members
Established members
Etc

Good variety, we just don't need "fake" conservatives. They belong to your party

Let me get this straight:

If the House passes a debt ceiling increase and the Senate fails to pass the same bill, it’s the Republicans’ fault for passing something they knew the Senate couldn’t pass, NOT that Democrats are holding the country hostage.

If the Senate passes a debt ceiling increase and the House fails to pass the same bill, it’s the Republicans’ fault for playing politics and listening to their right-wing extremists, NOT that Democrats passed something they knew the House couldn’t pass.

If the House can’t pass any debt ceiling increase, it’s Republicans’ fault for not compromising with House Democrats, NOT that House Democrats are playing politics and are unwilling to compromise on spending cuts.

I guess doing what you’re elected to do, listening to voters and polls, standing in opposition to Democratic over-spending and overreach means that Republicans just can’t win.

The Heathen Republican: Heads Democrats Win, Tails Republicans Lose

Purity tests? We have

Latino
Mexican
Women
Gays
Old
Young
New members
Established members
Etc

Good variety, we just don't need "fake" conservatives. They belong to your party

I said ideological purity, did you not read?

Furthermore, do tell me what makes one a "fake" Conservative. :popcorn: :lol:

I would think that you would have learned by now that I hardly ever ever post anything without thinking first........unlike some I know...:eusa_whistle:

ponder that for a while junior.

sure he is, am just wondering how long I will wait to tell you how, you appear to be on it, but you don't even realize it as your natural inclination to see everything from a partisan viewpoint, even raw political maneuvering, that its you passed it right by.

escapes you..

That's what I was going to point out... 11 is a lot when context is given.

Purity tests? We have

Latino
Mexican
Women
Gays
Old
Young
New members
Established members
Etc

I said ideological purity, did you not read?

Furthermore, do tell me what makes one a "fake" Conservative. :popcorn: :lol:

Anyone who is not serious about CCB. So your right. That will be my test. I stand corrected.

I would think that you would have learned by now that I hardly ever ever post anything without thinking first........unlike some I know...:eusa_whistle:

sure he is, am just wondering how long I will wait to tell you how, you appear to be on it, but you don't even realize it as your natural inclination to see everything from a partisan viewpoint, even raw political maneuvering, that its you passed it right by.

escapes you..

Once again, you trying to frame the Reid bill getting voted down as bipartisan is laughable at best and partisan at the very least.

It got voted down, yes. Reid is a fool for waiting until Sunday to have a vote on his bill in the Senate, sure. However, the fact remains is that this wasn't a bipartisan defeat of the bill. The Republicans had more than enough votes on their own to defeat the bill.

Also, Boehner isn't crafty. None of them in Washington are crafty. Want to know why? Because if any of them were crafty, this situation would have been solved a long time ago. Boehner failed twice in getting his bill passed and it only succeeded after he made every major concession to the Tea Party. That's not what one would call crafty, that's what one would call conceding on his part.

Though even Paul Ryan has admitted that trying to pass any bill with the balanced budget amendment is unrealistic in this Congress.

But hey, keep on posting such things like Boehner is crafty, gives me a nice laugh. :thup: :lol:

11 out of 51? What numbers are you using? There is 193 democrats.

11/193 = 0.05%.

22/242 = 0.09%.

By your definition then, opposition for Boehner's plan was more bipartisan than for Reid's bill.

Nice epic fail Annie. :rofl:

I see annie made my point already which of course has you scrambling to pull your foot from your mouth again, so now its a % you have determined as bearable vis a vis bi partisan, humm, so what is 3 out of 48? does that pass your sniff test? :lol:

you know, you have revealed yourself as are such a gullible uber hack its really hard to take yo seriously at all, if you don't like the fact you got caught once again talking before thinking a, you create a framework to make yourself right, you and NY Carb ought ot get a room. :clap2::lol:

escapes you..

Once again, you trying to frame the Reid bill getting voted down as bipartisan is laughable at best and partisan at the very least.

It got voted down, yes. Reid is a fool for waiting until Sunday to have a vote on his bill in the Senate, sure. However, the fact remains is that this wasn't a bipartisan defeat of the bill. The Republicans had more than enough votes on their own to defeat the bill.

Also, Boehner isn't crafty. None of them in Washington are crafty. Want to know why? Because if any of them were crafty, this situation would have been solved a long time ago. Boehner failed twice in getting his bill passed and it only succeeded after he made every major concession to the Tea Party. That's not what I call crafty, that's what I call conceding on his part.

Though even Paul Ryan has admitted that trying to pass any bill with the balanced budget amendment is unrealistic in this Congress.

But hey, keep on posting such things like Boehner is crafty, gives me a nice laugh. :thup: :lol:

wow, you have constructed your own strawman argument and found yourself....right again! man, you're good!:rolleyes:

That's what I was going to point out... 11 is a lot when context is given.

Where are you pulling this 51 number from? Maybe I'm missing something but last I checked that's not the number of Democrats in the House.

Forum List

Back