July 2019 Was Not the Warmest on Record

Nice willful ignorance admission. Not surprising when it comes to localized heating you'd think they add the state of the Artic to the joke.
AND not one iota of evidence to support your hyperbole...

You're the (not really) scientist. You should be plugged into everything going on. Show us the UHI imagery at work in the Arctic.
You are a moron... Its funny that you mention the arctic, where the satellites do not reach and all temps are taken from three cities over 800 miles from the pole. The warmth generated by these cities is then extrapolated to cover the whole region even though empirically observed evidence shows they are, on average, 5 deg F cooler than the cities. Yes UHI is affecting global averages by inflating massive regions of temperatures.

From Global Warming

July 2019 Was Not the Warmest on Record

August 2nd, 2019 by Roy W. Spencer, Ph. D.

EXCERPT:

July 2019 was probably the 4th warmest of the last 41 years. Global “reanalysis” datasets need to start being used for monitoring of global surface temperatures. [NOTE: It turns out that the WMO, which announced July 2019 as a near-record, relies upon the ERA5 reanalysis which apparently departs substantially from the CFSv2 reanalysis, making my proposed reliance on only reanalysis data for surface temperature monitoring also subject to considerable uncertainty].

and

"(1) The urban heat island (UHI) effect has caused a gradual warming of most land thermometer sites due to encroachment of buildings, parking lots, air conditioning units, vehicles, etc. These effects are localized, not indicative of most of the global land surface (which remains most rural), and not caused by increasing carbon dioxide in the atmosphere. Because UHI warming “looks like” global warming, it is difficult to remove from the data. In fact, NOAA’s efforts to make UHI-contaminated data look like rural data seems to have had the opposite effect. The best strategy would be to simply use only the best (most rural) sited thermometers. This is currently not done."

LINK

===

Here is his other blog post showing the UAH temperature data, that has a .09C COOLING from June:

UAH Global Temperature Update for July, 2019: +0.38 deg. C
August 1st, 2019 by Roy W. Spencer, Ph. D.

The Version 6.0 global average lower tropospheric temperature (LT) anomaly for July, 2019 was +0.38 deg. C, down from the June, 2019 value of +0.47 deg. C:

LINK
============================

I posted these two blog postings to show that the Media who gushes over heatwaves as if they were disasterous, when in reality were largely contaminated by UHI effects. Most of the "records" are being measured in the big cities where UHI is large and not accounted for. here is a Satellite map from space showing obvious UHI effects, where the big cities are hot and the surrounding region distinctly cooler.

View attachment 272576

LINK

Selected excerpt:

"ECOSTRESS mapped the surface, or ground temperature, of four European cities - Rome, Paris, Madrid and Milan - during the mornings of June 27 and June 28.In the images, hotter temperatures appear in red and cooler temperatures appear in blue. They show how the central core of each city is much hotter than the surrounding natural landscape due to the urban heat island effect - a result of urban surfaces storing and re-radiating heat throughout the day.

The fact that surface temperatures were as high as 77-86 degrees Fahrenheit (25-30 degrees Celsius) in the early morning indicates that much of the heat from previous days was stored by surfaces with high heat capacity (such as asphalt, concrete and water bodies) and unable to dissipate before the next day. The trapped heat resulted in even higher midday temperatures, in the high 40s (Celsius) in some places, as the heat wave continued."

=================================================

The media along with warmists needs to stop the lies, account for the UHI effects better and start using the RURAL temperate database sets instead, to help avoid most of the Urban heating effect on thermometers.
So what you Moron?
Despite a Solar minimum, it was only app Tied for the warmest ever, or a hair beneath/second.
That would be consistent with GW/AGW... Not contradict it.

All the anomalous graphs, all the conspiratorial nonsense from people who are All Right Wing Politicos
No common sense.

Also always interesting on mbs in general...
Many/Most skeptics, some self-declared 'scientists,' make Thousands of posts in Climate but No (or close to no) posts in the SCIENCE section because they are Not scientifically motivated/bent, but merely RW partsians board/topic-wide.

It's like Creationists who also never post on science, except to deny Evolution.
And poof! all of a sudden they're interested/experts.
They quote AIG and Creation.com, etc.
You post WUWT and Spencer, etc.
`
`

Last edited:
Spencer has credibility and facts to back him up. You have liars and frauds using broken modeling.. I'll go with Dr Spencer for the win...
You posted a mere claim re Spencer (for hire).
I pointed out the whole thread premise ("non-record") was a Low IQ and Backfiring Fallacy.
Tommy Saw it several times and WHIFFED before you burped.

You're a mouthy piece of **** with emty gratuitous replies.

`

LMAO. Historic temp records are not accurate. Cites them as fact when convenient. Satellite imagery of Arctic show polar cap is a wreck and near an all time low. Yet Billy Bob telling us planet is cooling down.
Arctic polar cap is a "wreck"? Care to expound on that? Some even attempt at evidence? Anything? You mentioned satellites? Anything?l No really, anything? Hello, hello, hello?

I see that warmists are terrified of this thread, many have realized their overblown "hottest year on record" rhetoric was stale, boring and useless. They run on media soundbites, while failing to show how that supports the AGW narrative, it doesn't but warmists are not smart enough to know that.

:abgg2q.jpg:

...and vaccinations cause autism.

LMAO. Historic temp records are not accurate. Cites them as fact when convenient. Satellite imagery of Arctic show polar cap is a wreck and near an all time low. Yet Billy Bob telling us planet is cooling down.
Please show us your observed empirical evidence to support your statement.. I'll Wait...
July 2019 was hottest month on record for the planet | National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration

This is from NOAA, not some blog that's cherry-picking temps around the U.S. What part of GLOBAL don't the denialists understand?
NOAA? Speaking of cherry picked data? And this crap is supposed to be GLOBAL science? Have you looked into the hotbed of "extrapolated", "homogenized" data? Govt bureaucrats are the garbage end of "science".

July 2019 is the hottest ever? Care to explain how they came to that conclusion? I guess it's easy when you make up current data and change historic data. NOAA is bureaucratic garbage only outdone by the IPCC. Someday scientists may actually get involved in such organisations With NOAA it's doubtful, the IPCC it's utterly impossible.

Please show us your observed empirical evidence to support your statement.. I'll Wait...
July 2019 was hottest month on record for the planet | National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
This is from NOAA, not some blog that's cherry-picking temps around the U.S. What part of GLOBAL don't the denialists understand?
NOAA? Speaking of cherry picked data? And this crap is supposed to be GLOBAL science? Have you looked into the hotbed of "extrapolated", "homogenized" data? Govt bureaucrats are the garbage end of "science".July 2019 is the hottest ever? Care to explain how they came to that conclusion? I guess it's easy when you make up current data and change historic data. NOAA is bureaucratic garbage only outdone by the IPCC. Someday scientists may actually get involved in such organisations With NOAA it's doubtful, the IPCC it's utterly impossible.
If the NOAA can't convince you, how am I supposed to? You've got your mind made up and apparently only listen to propaganda that fits your worldview.

NOAA? Speaking of cherry picked data? And this crap is supposed to be GLOBAL science? Have you looked into the hotbed of "extrapolated", "homogenized" data? Govt bureaucrats are the garbage end of "science".July 2019 is the hottest ever? Care to explain how they came to that conclusion? I guess it's easy when you make up current data and change historic data. NOAA is bureaucratic garbage only outdone by the IPCC. Someday scientists may actually get involved in such organisations With NOAA it's doubtful, the IPCC it's utterly impossible.
If the NOAA can't convince you, how am I supposed to? You've got your mind made up and apparently only listen to propaganda that fits your worldview.
I do listen to NOAA. They cannot, will not answer. I do not listen to propaganda. which is why I demand data. NOAA, the IPCC will not provide it. They provide 'homogenized", 'extrapolated" data.

I'm not looking for you to convince me of anything. I'd love to know how they(NOAA, IPCC) have convinced you. They are govt bureaucrats, get back to me with the science. God knows, the govt bureaucrats will not.

I'll ask again, explain to me how the average temperature of the planet Earth is derived. I'm waiting, been waiting for years. No answer, nothing.No one even tries, ever. Not even an attempt, ever. Not once, ever. No one even tries, explain this to me.

What I find amazing is that the superior Satellite temperature data are being ignored by warmists from warmist scientists to the ignorant armchair warmists. NOAA/PISS are the two biggest offenders of data manipulation.

The AGW conjecture are based on AIR temperature changes with CO2 changes, which Satellites covers well. Surface stations do not, and highly susceptible to UHI contamination, while Satellites are not.

I showed examples of why Surface temperature data are flawed, when the UHI effect is not factored out in post one. When the NOAA station is located near or at airports, they suffer from siting contamination and Urban UHI contamination. This is why I can only consider USHCN (Rural) stations have any credibility, which the NOAA and PISS do not publish to the public, because it shows little to no warming at all.

What I find amazing is that the superior Satellite temperature data are being ignored by warmists from warmist scientists to the ignorant armchair warmists. NOAA/PISS are the two biggest offenders of data manipulation.

The AGW conjecture are based on AIR temperature changes with CO2 changes, which Satellites covers well. Surface stations do not, and highly susceptible to UHI contamination, while Satellites are not.

I showed examples of why Surface temperature data are flawed, when the UHI effect is not factored out in post one. When the NOAA station is located near or at airports, they suffer from siting contamination and Urban UHI contamination. This is why I can only consider USHCN (Rural) stations have any credibility, which the NOAA and PISS do not publish to the public, because it shows little to no warming at all.
What truly blows my mind is I can "win" such arguments about current data, with intelligent rational people. And in the next breath they will insist that the current data can be compared to the past. The current data sucks, the past? Intelligent people, their eyes glaze over. I just don't get it. Quite possibly the most effective mass bullshit effort of all time. The death of rational thought, enmasse.

Only the truly desperate point to the UAH satellite model, which is known to have a wild cooling bias. All the surface temperatures contradict it, the weather balloons contradict it, the RSS satellite model contradicts it, everything contradicts it. It's not honest to point to UAH as evidence for anything. Thus, the OP did that.

The points?

July 2019 was the warmest July on record.

Deniers look desperate here, as one of their other regular points is "the warming is natural!". If the warming is natural, why did a new record high trigger them so? Clearly, they don't even believe their own propaganda.

Here are some real heatwaves of the past we used to get, something that has become rare these days.

Double cherrypicking fallacy, cherrypicking a few days on one small part of the earth.

Also note that old records overcounted hot days, as the max-min thermometers would record extra hot days if it stayed hot that evening past the last reading.

What I find amazing is that the superior Satellite temperature data are being ignored by warmists from warmist scientists to the ignorant armchair warmists.

You know UAH is crap. Everyone does. Your cult is the only group that still pays any attention to it.

Sadly for your cult, science does not hand out participation trophies. Your science stinks, so it's rejected. The fact that this offends you is only your problem.

You can't explain away the UHI effect that was vividly shown in the link......., they elevated the temperature which is why unethical warmists like YOU try hard to ignore it.

Urban stations show less warming that rural stations. Thus, your lunatic conspiracy theory crashes and burns.

Didn't the WUWT cult tell you that? Apparently, they wanted you kept ignorant. If you had a spine, you'd call them out for that. But you won't.

I do listen to NOAA. They cannot, will not answer. I do not listen to propaganda. which is why I demand data. NOAA, the IPCC will not provide it. They provide 'homogenized", 'extrapolated" data

The raw data is on online. Go get it. It's not easy to download, being how many gigabytes it all is, but you can find it if you look.

So why did you peddle a fake story about NOAA not providing data? Oh, that's right. You only know what your cult told you, and you cult told you NOAA was hiding data.

I'll ask again, explain to me how the average temperature of the planet Earth is derived.

The short answer -- by averaging data from things called "thermometers". Really high tech stuff here.

The long answer, you can start here.

Data.GISS: GISS Surface Temperature Analysis (GISTEMP v4)

I'm waiting, been waiting for years. No answer, nothing.No one even tries, ever. Not even an attempt, ever. Not once, ever. No one even tries, explain this to me.

You could have just looked it up yourself, you know. Do we have to spoonfeed everything to you?

Remember, when the whole world says you're wrong, it's almost certain that you're wrong. You are not a special snowflake who can see what the rest of the world fails to see. If you're declaring the whole world is part of a conspiracy against you, that paints you as a paranoid conspiracy cultist.

I do listen to NOAA. They cannot, will not answer. I do not listen to propaganda. which is why I demand data. NOAA, the IPCC will not provide it. They provide 'homogenized", 'extrapolated" data

The raw data is on online. Go get it. It's not easy to download, being how many gigabytes it all is, but you can find it if you look.

Where was it the hottest July ever recorded? A single handful of localities across the globe? What an idiot...

CFSv2-global-July-2019-550x413.jpg

Where was it the hottest July ever recorded? A single handful of localities across the globe? What an idiot...

So your point is that you can't understand the concept of an average, being that years of lapping up what the cult has trickled down on you has pickled your brain?

You needn't have bothered, as everyone knew that.

So your point is that you can't understand the concept of an average, being that years of lapping up what the cult has trickled down on you has pickled your brain?

You needn't have bothered, as everyone knew that.

Of what use, do tell, is an "average" temperature on a planet in which the daily maximum and minimum temperatures spans 200+ degrees? And of what value is that average if over half of it is simply made up?

By the way...my point was that you are an idiot and a dupe.

So why did you peddle a fake story about NOAA not providing data? Oh, that's right. You only know what your cult told you, and you cult told you NOAA was hiding data.

I'll ask again, explain to me how the average temperature of the planet Earth is derived.

The short answer -- by averaging data from things called "thermometers". Really high tech stuff here.

I'm waiting, been waiting for years. No answer, nothing.No one even tries, ever. Not even an attempt, ever. Not once, ever. No one even tries, explain this to me.

You could have just looked it up yourself, you know. Do we have to spoonfeed everything to you?

Remember, when the whole world says you're wrong, it's almost certain that you're wrong. You are not a special snowflake who can see what the rest of the world fails to see. If you're declaring the whole world is part of a conspiracy against you, that paints you as a paranoid conspiracy cultist.

From your PISStemp link is this:

News and Updates
July 15, 2019: The difference between raw data and the unadjusted data has been clarified on our FAQ site. But note that the GISS analysis currently uses the adjusted GHCN v4 data.

They say they ADJUST the GHCN data, which is true, again and again and again, for the last 4 decades they have adjusted it upward every freaking time!

You have been shown this before where their own charts they publish over the decades show radical changes over time. In 1999 they showed that 1934 was warmer than 1998, and that there was a significant cooling from the 1940's to the 1970's of around .5C, now that has been reduced to about .05C cooling, and 1998 is now far warmer than 1934, yup they do like to adjust away the truth.

You are so gullible and stupid to keep falling for the lies they feed you.

From your PISStemp link is this:

News and Updates
July 15, 2019: The difference between raw data and the unadjusted data has been clarified on our FAQ site. But note that the GISS analysis currently uses the adjusted GHCN v4 data.

They say they ADJUST the GHCN data, which is true, again and again and again, for the last 4 decades they have adjusted it upward every freaking time!

You have been shown this before where their own charts they publish over the decades show radical changes over time. In 1999 they showed that 1934 was warmer than 1998, and that there was a significant cooling from the 1940's to the 1970's of around .5C, now that has been reduced to about .05C cooling, and 1998 is now far warmer than 1934, yup they do like to adjust away the truth.

You are so gullible and stupid to keep falling for the lies they feed you.
We no longer use PISS as a reliable source for temperature. It has been so badly twisted and manipulated that it has no value in scientific terms. Its a pile of crap at this point.

Forum List

Back