Julian Castro rising DNC star

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
CHARLOTTE, N.C.—In a speech that instantly invoked comparisons to Barack Obama's star-making turn at the 2004 Democratic National Convention, San Antonio Mayor Julian Castro invoked his personal story as the descendent of Mexican immigrants to press the case that Mitt Romney "just doesn't get it" when it comes to the struggles of average Americans.
Castro, the first Latino to deliver the DNC keynote, spoke of the "unlikely journey" that led him from a poor upbringing in Texas to a rising star of the Democratic party. He talked about his grandmother, an orphan, who immigrated to the United States and dropped out of school in the fourth grade to work and support her family.
<more>
Julian Castro: Mitt Romney

CHARLOTTE, N.C.—In a speech that instantly invoked comparisons to Barack Obama's star-making turn at the 2004 Democratic National Convention, San Antonio Mayor Julian Castro invoked his personal story as the descendent of Mexican immigrants to press the case that Mitt Romney "just doesn't get it" when it comes to the struggles of average Americans.
Castro, the first Latino to deliver the DNC keynote, spoke of the "unlikely journey" that led him from a poor upbringing in Texas to a rising star of the Democratic party. He talked about his grandmother, an orphan, who immigrated to the United States and dropped out of school in the fourth grade to work and support her family.
<more>

impressive guy. I think we're going to hear a lot more from him.

<more>

He did fine but Deval rocked the house. And Mrs. O was without parallel tonight.

Who gives a fuck. I'm decended from an Austrian coal miner and a Slovanian Gypsy.

Over the years in this country our family has endured poverty, homelessness, starvation, drug abuse, mental illness, incareration, a near-death beating hate crime, etc. etc.

And we're still Republicans.

You can shove the bullshit Liberal sad-sack story give me what I don't got, you got more than I do cock and bull poor deprived down-trodden hapless and hopeless lying tripe UP YER ASS.

Who gives a fuck. I'm decended from an Austrian coal miner and a Slovanian Gypsy.

Over the years in this country our family has endured poverty, homelessness, starvation, drug abuse, mental illness, incareration, a near-death beating hate crime, etc. etc.

You can shove the bullshit Liberal sad-sack story give me what I don't got, you got more than I do cock and bull poor deprived down-trodden hapless and hopeless lying tripe UP YER ASS.

I see that empathy bleeding from your soul

I see that empathy bleeding from your soul

Nah, that's just the ol' hemorrhoids bleedin' out me arse.

I don't empathize with this person, nor do I identify with this him.

But I do wonder why I was never given a platform such as his.

My family and I were left to languish in obscurity, under no one's care. Certainly not the government's care. It was the 60's mind you.

And over the decades, poverty returned as did many other social ills that befall the belly-achin' Liberal whiners. My point is, in many respects I'm no different than a Liberal due to my origins, upbringing, and mishaps in life.

The difference is... I look to no one other than myself and my family for guidance and support. When the shit hits the fan you buck up and suck it up and make do with what you have. Live within your means and don't look to others (especially not the Government Tit) for a handout or a bailout.

Being a Conservative is about being Independent, not dependent.

So go ahead and crow like cocks you sorry assed Liberal whores. My butt has been dragged through your worst dreams, and at the end of the day I'm wealthier than any one of you because bottom line... I got a decency about me.

Obama is out to take my business's earned revenues, ruin my livelihood, tax my ass into the ground... for what? FOR YOU cock suck Liberals. So that YOU can enjoy your couch and your chips and your kool aid and cable TV.

DNC. Dumb Numb XXXX.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back