Julian Assange: Over 6 months of house arrest

But whistle blowing ain't...
Assange didn't whistleblow. He published information that wasn't his to publish.

Read Mike K's post on the Pentagon Papers. If that was the litmus test, then there would be hundreds of thousands of stories of great importance that would never be published. You think those chemical companies that throw shit in to rivers wanted those reports that they instigated published? Or the ones published by American Tobacco - hell any report that fits that description?

All you have are embarrassed govts. Maybe next time these officials - who righties can't stand in the first place; too much govt is your motto remember - will not be so Machaveillian when fucking around with the rest of the world. We're not their play things...well, maybe you are...

Pretty piss weak argument Dave....
To weak-minded America-haters, I suppose it might be.

Assange didn't whistleblow. He published information that wasn't his to publish.

Read Mike K's post on the Pentagon Papers. If that was the litmus test, then there would be hundreds of thousands of stories of great importance that would never be published. You think those chemical companies that throw shit in to rivers wanted those reports that they instigated published? Or the ones published by American Tobacco - hell any report that fits that description?

All you have are embarrassed govts. Maybe next time these officials - who righties can't stand in the first place; too much govt is your motto remember - will not be so Machaveillian when fucking around with the rest of the world. We're not their play things...well, maybe you are...

And Dave's argument starts getting even weaker by using jingoistic, ad hominum claptrap....:cool: No surprises here....

Julian Assange has been under house arrest for over six months with no charges being filed against him anywhere. Sweden is abusing the European Arrest Warrant to have him extradited from the UK for questioning in relation to a nonsense investigation. Of course we know the only reason Sweden wants him is because the US will then extradite him from there to face a similarly trumped up investigation for espionage.

[youtube]HIqNbtMDUk4[/youtube]

I still do not understand why Julian Assange is being harassed for darn good journalism! Please, leave the man alone!

And Dave's argument starts getting even weaker by using jingoistic, ad hominum claptrap....:cool: No surprises here....
I suggest you get some steel-toed Birkenstocks, Gump. Then it won't be as painful.

It just doesn't get much funnier than this.

An £850,000 book deal signed by Wikileaks founder Julian Assange to write his memoirs has collapsed over fears the U.S. Government could use them for extradition hearings.
He has said he is unhappy with his 'ghost-written' book and that he never actually wanted them written.
Mr Assange, who will appear before the High Court on July 12 for an appeal against his extradition on sex assault allegations, said he had only agreed to the memoirs because he was in financial straits.
He received an advance of £500,000 for his book from publishers Alfred A Knopf of Random House with a further £350,000 coming from Canongate, according to the Guardian.
It is believed that Mr O'Hagan could still write a book based on his six months of interviews with Mr Assange and that could recoup some of the losses if he cannot be persuaded to let publication to go ahead.
Assange has been under house arrest since December last year, and is obliged to report to the police station every day as well as wear an electronic tag.
He is currently staying at Ellingham Hall, the 10-bed home of journalist Vaughan Smith, in Norfolk.

Read more

Now, I have some questions:

1. If he has done nothing to warrant extradition to the US, why is he panicking about the manuscript?

2. Why has he spent over £200,000 to fight extradition to Sweden? Why not just go and clear your name?

3. How come a so called journalist (which involves being a decent writer) needs to employ a ghost writer? It's not as though he doesn't have a lot of spare time. :lol:

[...]

1. If he has done nothing to warrant extradition to the US, why is he panicking about the manuscript?

2. Why has he spent over £200,000 to fight extradition to Sweden? Why not just go and clear your name?
I suggest it's because there are several extremely powerful entities and individuals who are after his ass.

3. How come a so called journalist (which involves being a decent writer) needs to employ a ghost writer? It's not as though he doesn't have a lot of spare time. :lol:
Like many noteworthy individuals who have something interesting and/or important to say, not everyone is capable of putting all the periods and commas in the right places. So you might be surprised at how many books by famous persons were ghosted. For one example, do you believe that a communicative barbarian like George W. Bush is capable of producing two coherent pages of biographical text? Still, he's had a book published.

Power does not like to be challenged with the truth. The conservatives on here do not understand that subtlety as they worship power whether it be money, the rich, or the corporations. For me this proves something everyone should realize, the powerful have enormous control in the world, honor and law do not, media represents the powerful, truth does not. I may be repeating myself here, but read Derrick Jensen's books for some fascinating examples. Links below.

My thread here: http://www.usmessageboard.com/wikileaks/158688-hypocrisy.html

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Language-Older-Than-Words/dp/1931498555/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8]Amazon.com: A Language Older Than Words (9781931498555): Derrick Jensen: Books[/ame]
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Culture-Make-Believe-Derrick-Jensen/dp/1931498571/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8]Amazon.com: The Culture of Make Believe (9781931498579): Derrick Jensen: Books[/ame]

Last edited:
[...]

I suggest it's because there are several extremely powerful entities and individuals who are after his ass.

Like many noteworthy individuals who have something interesting and/or important to say, not everyone is capable of putting all the periods and commas in the right places. So you might be surprised at how many books by famous persons were ghosted. For one example, do you believe that a communicative barbarian like George W. Bush is capable of producing two coherent pages of biographical text? Still, he's had a book published.

I wouldn't be at all surprised, since I happen to undertake ghost writing. In fact, I would positively encourage more people to use ghosts. :eusa_angel:

Power does not like to be challenged with the truth. The conservatives on here do not understand that subtlety as they worship power whether it be money, the rich, or the corporations. For me this proves something everyone should realize, the powerful control the world, honor and law do not, media represents the powerful, truth does not. I may be repeating myself here, but read Derrick Jensen's books for some fascinating examples. Links below.

My thread here: http://www.usmessageboard.com/wikileaks/158688-hypocrisy.html

Amazon.com: A Language Older Than Words (9781931498555): Derrick Jensen: Books
Amazon.com: The Culture of Make Believe (9781931498579): Derrick Jensen: Books

I have a question for ya.... how exactly did I become a member of your fan club? I'm not a club joiner so I think you're lying about that. You shouldn't lie.

I have a question for ya.... how exactly did I become a member of your fan club? I'm not a club joiner so I think you're lying about that. You shouldn't lie.

You're mistaking me for someone who reps you? LMAO. I rarely waste my time reading your pretense at intellectualism.... since you don't post your own words. You're a fool.

California Girl if you send private messages wouldn't it be courteous to allow a reply? You make the same childish criticism every time you read my posts and threads, if you read me, maybe you would learn something? Maybe? When someone constantly negatively reps you I assume they read the thread or post? If you don't read them how is it you presume to know what they contain? I think we know the liar now, or are you just a hypocrite and too uneducated to do more than just whine? But you're still a fan, thanks.

Last edited:

You're mistaking me for someone who reps you? LMAO. I rarely waste my time reading your pretense at intellectualism.... since you don't post your own words. You're a fool.

California Girl if you send private messages wouldn't it be courteous to allow a reply? You make the same childish criticism every time you read my posts and threads, if you read me, maybe you would learn something? Maybe? When someone constantly negatively reps you I assume they read the thread or post? If you don't read them how is it you presume to know what they contain? I think we know the liar now, or are you just a hypocrite and too uneducated to do more than just whine?

I don't send or receive PMs from anyone not on my friends list. Don't lie.

The only thing concluded from this thread is that California girl can be a mean ass bitch.

I'm just sayin.

Wikileaks website has nothing to report since about June.

Guess no news is good news. And they specify this as the reason:

"NOTE: At the moment WikiLeaks is not accepting new submissions due to re-engineering improvements the site to make it both more secure and more user-friendly. Since we are not currently accepting submissions during the re-engineering, we have also temporarily closed our online chat support for how to make a submission. We anticipate reopening the electronic drop box and live chat support in the near future."

submissions

New Topics

Forum List

Back