Julian Assange: Over 6 months of house arrest

Kevin_Kennedy

Defend Liberty
Aug 27, 2008
Julian Assange has been under house arrest for over six months with no charges being filed against him anywhere. Sweden is abusing the European Arrest Warrant to have him extradited from the UK for questioning in relation to a nonsense investigation. Of course we know the only reason Sweden wants him is because the US will then extradite him from there to face a similarly trumped up investigation for espionage.

[youtube]HIqNbtMDUk4[/youtube]

I rather wonder if Mr Assange will amuse himself by turning over his own country to an unfriendly nation like he did America. That could hasten his extradition if he does such a thing.

He has targeted the USA that has been nothing but a friend to Australia since we lost three battle ships and the better part of another in the battle for the Coral Sea in WWII.

We put a thousand lives on the line for Australia, and he returned to America bad for good.

He is a very, very bad man.

I rather wonder if Mr Assange will amuse himself by turning over his own country to an unfriendly nation like he did America. That could hasten his extradition if he does such a thing.

He has targeted the USA that has been nothing but a friend to Australia since we lost three battle ships and the better part of another in the battle for the Coral Sea in WWII.

We put a thousand lives on the line for Australia, and he returned to America bad for good.

He hasn't targeted America anymore than he's targeted anyone else WikiLeaks has released information on.

Australians lost their lives in Europe during both World Wars, and in the Pacific too...and?

You seem to be saying "Because we saved your arses in WWII, STFU - we can do what we like."

Well, no you can't. And as kevin has already said, it is not just the US who has been embarrassed (as they should be) by the leaks. European, Australia, NZ - a lot of countries have been embarrassed. But being a typical egocentric US right-wing neocon, it's all about you, right?

Australians lost their lives in Europe during both World Wars, and in the Pacific too...and?

You seem to be saying "Because we saved your arses in WWII, STFU - we can do what we like."

Well, no you can't. And as kevin has already said, it is not just the US who has been embarrassed (as they should be) by the leaks. European, Australia, NZ - a lot of countries have been embarrassed. But being a typical egocentric US right-wing neocon, it's all about you, right?

And what, precisely, has the US done to Mr Assange?

Nothing.

We're not holding him under house arrest. That's the Brits.

We have not issued an arrest warrant for him.

We have not charged him.

But, as with all the fools who don't understand the actual, real damage that Assange has done, or perhaps you don't care about the damage he's done, or the lives he's put at risk, your 'right to know' and your rabid naivity drives you instead of your intellect.

Do you know what a neocon is or do you just throw that word at people who disagree with you?

Nothing.

We have not charged him.

But, as with all the fools who don't understand the actual, real damage that Assange has done, or perhaps you don't care about the damage he's done, or the lives he's put at risk, your 'right to know' and your rabid naivity drives you instead of your intellect.

Nobody said that the U.S. did anything to Assange personally, at least not yet. Though I wouldn't be surprised if the U.S. government was behind Sweden's attempts to extradite him from the U.K.

Do you know what a neocon is or do you just throw that word at people who disagree with you?

A big government conservative who pretends to believe in limited government all the while promoting policies that increase the power of government. Since WikiLeaks exposes governments it's not a stretch to suggest that any "conservative" opponent of WikiLeaks is really a neocon.

A big government conservative who pretends to believe in limited government all the while promoting policies that increase the power of government. Since WikiLeaks exposes governments it's not a stretch to suggest that any "conservative" opponent of WikiLeaks is really a neocon.
I wasn't talking to you, you stupid fuck.

I wasn't talking to you, you stupid fuck.

Still a bright ray of sunshine.

I would like to discuss with Dr. Grump what a neocon is.

Nothing.

We have not charged him.

Nobody said that the U.S. did anything to Assange personally, at least not yet. Though I wouldn't be surprised if the U.S. government was behind Sweden's attempts to extradite him from the U.K.

Did I address you? No. However, Grump seems to think that this is the US....

It isn't.

And it's not illegal.

It's perfectly within international laws for Assange to be held. He would not still be under house arrest if he wasn't fighting extradition. If he's innocent, why doesn't he want to put his case in court?

Fuck him. He stole information from the United States, he can rot in hell.

Nothing.

We have not charged him.

It isn't.

And it's not illegal.

It's perfectly within international laws for Assange to be held. He would not still be under house arrest if he wasn't fighting extradition. If he's innocent, why doesn't he want to put his case in court?

Was Grump addressing you? No. Yet you saw fit to respond regardless. Such is the way of a public message board.

It isn't.

And it's not illegal.

Was Grump addressing you? No. Yet you saw fit to respond regardless. Such is the way of a public message board.

Yea, but he's vaguely rational about issues..... which is more than we can say for you.

It isn't.

And it's not illegal.

part of the problem, dipshit, is you don't give correct answers. You make it up as you go along.

It isn't.

And it's not illegal.

Yea, but he's vaguely rational about issues..... which is more than we can say for you.

I'd say he's more than vaguely rational. I've always found him to be quite intelligent, even if we don't always agree. Of course that has nothing to do with your hypocrisy in strictly limiting who may respond to you while you freely respond to whomever you like, but we can't fault you for being less than vaguely consistent can we?

It isn't.

And it's not illegal.

part of the problem, dipshit, is you don't give correct answers. You make it up as you go along.

I'm sorry, was I talking to you?

Forum List

Back