Julia the Moocher

LogikAndReazon

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2012
The Obama campaign’s “Life of Julia” ad is a disturbing sign. It suggests that political strategists, pollsters, and campaign advisers must think that the people living off government are getting to the point where they can out-vote the people paying for government.

If that’s true, America is doomed to become another Greece – which would be an appropriate fate since, for all intents and purposes, Julia is the fictional twin of a real-life Greek woman who thought it was government’s job to give her things.

In general, I think the best response to Julia is mockery, which is why I shared this Iowahawk parody and this Ramirez cartoon.

But we also need a serious discussion of why dependency is a bad thing, which is why I’m glad the Center for Freedom and Prosperity has produced this new “Economics 101″ video.

You’ve Met Julia the Moocher, Now Meet Emily « International Liberty

Saw it.

Wonder why they didn't put the folks who live off Welfare generation after generation on that add??

Dumb question. Never mind.

When someone is at the ready to pick up the slack for you, it's not necessary to try as hard. Some people like it that way. Others resent it and wouldn't be able to take pride in their success if someone made it easier for them. The worst part about the attitude of entitlement is that those who resist government aid are the ones who are ridiculed. Makes no sense.

Forum List

Back