Judith Curry slams the AGW cult in the ground

Yes, Micheal Mann, whose initial study has been supported by over a dozen independent studies from all over the world by scientists using different proxies.

recon_lj_with_others.png

Figure 2. Comparison of northern hemisphere and global temperature reconstructions. Northern hemisphere instrumental temperature records shown for comparison (CRUTEM land only, and HADCRUT land/ocean).

It's worth noting that all the reconstructions show the Medieval Warm Period, the Little Ice Age, and 20th-century warming (though Loehle 2008 only runs through 1935).

Loehle's Medieval Warm Period is both warmer and earlier than the rest (and, as noted above, Loehle recognizes that his early peak circa AD 850 is probably incorrect). Loehle also shows a much colder Little Ice Age. All of the reconstructions diverge more in the period before AD 800, with Moberg being the coolest, Loehle the warmest, and Mann and Ljungqvist being in the middle of the pack.

When comparing Ljungqvist 2010 to Loehle 2008, it's important to remember that Ljungqvist's reconstruction is for the mid- and high-latitude Northern Hemisphere only, while Loehle's was supposed to be global. In this light, the presence of relatively extreme temperatures in Loehle's reconstruction during both the Medieval Warm Period and the Little Ice Age ought to be viewed somewhat skeptically. Whether or not these episodes were truly "global", they were certainly strongest in the Northern Hemisphere, particularly in the North Atlantic region. Ljungqvist 2010 suggests that his own reconstruction may have underestimated the magnitude of Northern Hemisphere cooling during the Little Ice Age, but Loehle's still appears to be an outlier if it is considered as a global reconstruction.

Finally, it's worth noting that comparison to the instrumental record suggests that modern temperatures are significantly warmer than those during the height of the Medieval Warm Period. Additional projected 21st Century warming will produce a climate unlike anything experienced in the history of human civilization.

New temperature reconstruction vindicates ...
RECONSTRUCTION!!! dude too special. RECONSTRUCTION. not actual temperature records, all made up manipulation. Yeppers.

Michael Mann:
200.gif
RECONSTRUCTION!!! dude too special. RECONSTRUCTION. not actual temperature records, all made up manipulation. Yeppers.

I don't think you fully understand what "temperature reconstructions" are and how they are arrived at.
I suppose it's not surprising that you and others disbelieve the 97% consensus among climate scientists if it's true that you view the matter as political rather than scientific. (Click the link and read the content to discover ways in which you've been duped.) It is, however disconcerting that you haven't challenged your political stance by determining objectively whether it "holds water" rather than focusing on finding information that supports it.

Judith Curry is part of the 97% consensus but she is labeled a denier

Why is that?

I will wait.

Rodger Pielke is also part of the 97% consensus..

Yet you label him also a denier again why is that?

Roger A. Pielke - Wikipedia

2007 Pielke said that he was not a "sceptical scientist" about climate change, having stated that carbon dioxide, while important, is not the predominant forcing of global warming:[3][4]

As I have summarized on the Climate Science weblog, humans activities do significantly alter the heat content of the climate system, although, based on the latest understanding, the radiative effect of CO2 has contributed, at most, only about 28% to the human-caused warming up to the present. The other 72% is still a result of human activities!
Pielke has criticized the IPCC for its conclusions regarding CO2 and global warming and accused it of selectively choosing data to support a selective view of the science.[5]

In 2010 Pielke revisited a question provided by Andrew Revkin[5] "Is most of the observed warming over the last 50 years likely to have been due to the increase in greenhouse gasconcentrations", Pielke stated that "the 2010 answer ... remains NO", and that "The added greenhouse gases from human activity clearly have a role in increasing the heat content of the climate system from what it otherwise would be", but "there are other equally or even more important significant humanclimate forcings"

Let's look and see why the AGW cult is so upset with Pielke

What could it be?

This....

“I believe climate change is real and that human emissions of greenhouse gases risk justifying action, including a carbon tax. But my research led me to a conclusion that many climate campaigners find unacceptable: There is scant evidence to indicate that hurricanes, floods, tornadoes or drought have become more frequent or intense in the U.S. or globally. In fact we are in an era of good fortune when it comes to extreme weather. This is a topic I’ve studied and published on as much as anyone over two decades. My conclusion might be wrong, but I think I’ve earned the right to share this research without risk to my career.”

OMG another one that's not a sheep and is using science?

The horror.
And, if his opinions are wrong in the face of the continuing evidence to the contrary of what he claims, he has damaged his career. That is how it is in science.

You are a bald-faced liar.

Says the guy who calls names rather than slap me down and make me his bitch with a single shred of observed, measured, quantified, empirical data supporting AGW over natural variability...

If there were any such evidence, you would have it posted loud and clear in your sig..or have it ready to post at the drop of a hat...instead, you just make claims that you can't support.

Can you show us a single piece of observed, measured, quantified evidence that supports the AGW hypothesis over natural variability?

Yes, of course. That's why we've done so, over and over.

Sorry, but you haven't...you have provided evidence that the climate is changing and assumptions that man is causing it...that is about as good as it gets for you wackos. It has been interesting to see what feeble "evidence" convinced you so thoroughly though...
ALL IV'E SEEN FROM THESE FOOLS IS CONJECTURE AND WILD ASS GUESSES..

I wonder what they will do when real science is presented.. Oh wait, they poo poo it as not credible...

Says the guy who calls names rather than slap me down and make me his bitch with a single shred of observed, measured, quantified, empirical data supporting AGW over natural variability...

If there were any such evidence, you would have it posted loud and clear in your sig..or have it ready to post at the drop of a hat...instead, you just make claims that you can't support.

I'm not interested in you being my bitch. I'd just like to see you stop lying.

Yep....these fools pull the unsupported claims in here ALL THE TIME!

But dude............you gotta admit..........is there anything more fun than humiliating them in here? I think not.:eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

Yeah -- Because an emminent METEOROLOGIST wouldn't know anything about wild swings in weather.

That IS his field. Not Climate Science.

Pielke Sr. or Pielke Jr.., it gets confusing. I got confused.

The father is an atmospheric physicist, and a lukewarmer.

The son has no climate training, but he's the one you mostly hear from.

Last edited:
She nailed it above. Every assertion provable. She's an ACTUAL non-activist expert in the field.

In 2013, Curry very specifically predicted no warming for at least 10 years.

That complete failure of a prediction was based on her theories. Hence, her theories were wrong.

Reality says your religion is false. You can continue to BELIEVE if you want, and no doubt will, but you'll be all by yourself.

She nailed it above. Every assertion provable. She's an ACTUAL non-activist expert in the field.

That complete failure of a prediction was based on her theories. Hence, her theories were wrong.

Reality says your religion is false. You can continue to BELIEVE if you want, and no doubt will, but you'll be all by yourself.

10 years isn't up yet. Is it? You know what the final trend will be in 2023??
I'm CERTAIN she would exclude large El Nino events.. So I doubt the "prediction" was a simple as you make it out to be.

But the reality is.........our religion is winning decisively in 2017......its not even debatable. Public policy in every developed country is the slam dunk, of course. If your science was wining, the 85 million spent on green candidates in the last mid-terms would have won congressional seats. They all lost.............bozo.

Environmentalists Mostly Counting Election Losses Despite $85 Million Outlay

Because the alarmist religion still hasn't made its case. :eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

Trump is blowing up the EPA as we speak. Why? Because he has a mandate to do so................that's why. Oh.....and the greatest evidence of winning huge........look at a chart of where electricity comes from in 2017 in the United States s0n? We get a whole 1% from solar power..............:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:...............the reality is a stunning kick to the nut sack of the alarmist k00ks. Wind? 3-4%..............:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:..........more lose.

Energy, Security, and Climate » Booming Coal Use Isn’t Just About China – It’s Increasingly About India Too

Coal production forecast global 2012-2040 | Statistic

US coal fleet provided 92% of electricity surge needed during winter - Coal | Platts News Article & Story

You may say her ( Currie's ) theories are wrong but the entire world is embracing her premise, not the Disney folks rigged science. Well.......maybe in internet forum gheyness and Hollywood but no place else.:popcorn:

And just because you are OCD on climate change, doesn't mean the rest of the country does.............in fact, they could not give a rats ass. :bye1: >>>>>>>>

Many Americans are skeptical about scientific research on climate and GM foods

Last edited:
His conclusion was wrong, and Jennifer Francis's research has demonstrated why.

can you give us your own summary of this "research" without posting a 2 hour video
Sure. Because the warming of the Arctic creates a lesser temperature gradient, south to north, there is a lesser flow of air from the south to the north. Therefore, a less strong jet stream. And one that has deeper north to south waves. And these waves move slower west to east.

That results in 'stuck' weather patterns, so instead of a day or two of cold weather, you get a couple of weeks of it. Same for hot weather.

Except that those high attitude patterns have only been known for 70 or 100 yrs and RELIABLE data on their patterns and distributions know for only 1/2 of that. There are KNOWN Arctic cycles longer than that.

I'm not interested in you being my bitch. I'd just like to see you stop lying.

Sorry crick....but alas, it is you who is the liar...claiming that you have shown observed, measured, quantified data supporting AGW over natural variability when in reality, all you have shown is data showing that the climate has changed with an assumption that man caused it tacked on the end.

Perhaps, but it was as wrong as he makes it out to be. If you haven't read the full article Mamooth linked to in post #67 of this thread, you really ought to.

Curry’ed Tripe and other recipes

And who does that link impress exactly?

Member of the AGW club, Hollywood and a handful of others.

s0n.......hate to have to break this to you but there is a whole world outside the little AGW science club. Those are the people your club needs to impress........and after 20+ years, they've failed miserably. Back in the 1970's a few hundred k00ks called "MOONIES" thought they were going to have all the world embrace their stuff. The case has to be made beyond the club s0n......or else it doesn't mean dick. When I can step outside my door and see a windmill, then you have me and people outside the club. When the 125 car CSX coal freight trains with 6 locomotives stop moving up and down the Hudson River 6 times/day, you have me and people outside the club. Until then, the Dr. Curry view will dominate the landscape in the real world.

Forum List

Back