Judicial Lynching of Bradley Manning

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is what the trial is for – determining if that is the case. You see, if he happens to be selling secretes to the Chinese for instance and just released some of the other stuff in the process, then that can be brought before the court. If the state cannot prove to a jury of his PEERS (the real key here) that he was actually nefarious and destroying our nation, then he will be let go. If they can, then he needs to go to jail.

Saying that they should not even be tried is rather silly. When the state thinks you have committed a crime, whether you are innocent or not, you are tried. That is the purpose of a trial, to determine guilt. I do not know that he is innocent. I might THINK that he is but then again, the information that we have is what is fed to us through the media and other sources. It really is not in the Media’s interest to talk about these people as bad guys, it makes a better story with the righteous on the run from a nefarious government. We don’t have all the facts and while we have enough to form an opinion there certainly is not enough for a real judgment on whether or not he is truly innocent or guilty.
He's being punished for reporting a war crime.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZNJm35V2_0]Collateral Murder: WikiLeaks bombshell 'killing' video goes online - YouTube[/ame]
The Collateral Murder video was edited.

Bradley Manning 'Approved' Edits To 'Collateral Murder' Video, Witness Says
FORT MEADE, Md. -- A computer forensics expert testified on Wednesday that confessed WikiLeaks source Bradley Manning said in a 2010 email exchange that he had "approved" edits to video of a U.S. Army helicopter attack in Iraq that killed two Reuters journalists.

That so-called "Collateral Murder" video was perhaps the most explosive document among the 700,000 that Manning sent to WikiLeaks. The organization's founder, Julian Assange, was criticized for releasing it initially in an edited and shortened form in 2010.​
Assange admits it was edited:

Stephen Colbert Grills Wikileaks Founder on Helicopter Video
One constant criticism of Wikileaks' helicopter video has been that its heavy editorial slant clashed with the supposed objectivity of the material they presented. Colbert challenged Assange on this point: "You have edited this tape, and you have given it a title called 'collateral murder.' That's not leaking, that's a pure editorial." Assange responded that Wikileaks promises their sources that they will "try and get the maximum possible political impact for the material the give us."​

Here's the unedited video:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4SjtxR_SGo]"Collateral Murder" Deception and editing - Wikileaks - Iraq - YouTube[/ame]

XXXXXX

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the link. I am somewhat suspect to the source considering the first line in one of them starts: “America's evil actions in the past are backfiring on its own citizens today” and that certainly reveals a heavy bias. Anyway:
Links for these people. When I searched the first, there was nothing on him other than he was a cartoonist.

The school, I don’t know much about that.
Here you go...
Venezuela has demanded that Posada Carriles be extradited to face charges there related to his masterminding of a 1976 bombing of a Cuban civilian passenger jet that killed 73 people. He evaded punishment for the crime—at the time the worst single act of terrorism in the Western Hemisphere—by escaping a Venezuelan prison in 1985.

Violating international and bilateral treaties, Washington has rebuffed Venezuela’s request, charging Posada Carriles instead with minor violations of US immigration law for entering the US without a visa and lying to immigration officials. Last month, the terrorist, who had been in federal custody since May 2005, was set free on bail and returned to Miami.

The release has provoked international protests and exposed the hypocrisy of the so-called “global war on terrorism” proclaimed by a government that has sponsored and continues to harbor and protect a wanted terrorist.
This is very different from what we did. Afghanistan was training and operating a large terrorist network whereas this is a single individual without an existing network. He presents no more threat. Interestingly enough, this is very similar to Snowden though where they have a spy and we have a spy/terrorist. He is ‘our guy’ insofar as he was supplying us with data and that is likely why we have not returned him. This would not be a good justification for war though.
As far as the School of the America's...

School of The Americas

"This delightful venue has trained 60,000 Latin Americans from whose ranks were spawned the most monstrous torturers, homicidal maniacs, state terrorists and despots, who have terrorized and perpetrated genocidal warfare against the civilian populations of Central and South America for five decades. This includes the death or disappearance of 200,000 Guatemalans and innumerable other atrocities... In Colombia 2 million have been displaced and thousands are still reliving the horrors of their torture - not surprising since, with 10,000 graduates from the SOA, Colombia is the school's largest customer and has the worst human rights record on the continent."

If what your site claims is true then this is much closer. As a training ground that trains active attackers against other governments, this is almost exactly what we went to war for and could very well justify such an action. You see the reason that it can be justified is that there are attacks coming from a source that the government knows about and is not willing to stop. Why this is makes me wonder as that does not make any sense BUT I can see where this would be valid.

There is, of course, one small problem with that. We are bigger and stronger and I am willing to be that is the one reason that they have not attacked. Though they might be able to justify, they certainly don’t want to pay that price.

That is what the trial is for – determining if that is the case. You see, if he happens to be selling secretes to the Chinese for instance and just released some of the other stuff in the process, then that can be brought before the court. If the state cannot prove to a jury of his PEERS (the real key here) that he was actually nefarious and destroying our nation, then he will be let go. If they can, then he needs to go to jail.

Saying that they should not even be tried is rather silly. When the state thinks you have committed a crime, whether you are innocent or not, you are tried. That is the purpose of a trial, to determine guilt. I do not know that he is innocent. I might THINK that he is but then again, the information that we have is what is fed to us through the media and other sources. It really is not in the Media’s interest to talk about these people as bad guys, it makes a better story with the righteous on the run from a nefarious government. We don’t have all the facts and while we have enough to form an opinion there certainly is not enough for a real judgment on whether or not he is truly innocent or guilty.
He's being punished for reporting a war crime.

[snip]
No, trial is NOT punishment. It is to determine guilt. I don’t know why this is so hard to understand. Realize that there is a post right after yours that shows EXACTLY why these people need to go to trial, because there is more to that story. His actions still need to be judged to determine if he is guilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back