Judicial Activism

I might also add that it's going to have to be some truly hellish abuse to compare, in scope and consequence, to some of the laughers pulled off in the name of liberalism, e.g., Roe vs. Wade, affirmative action, forced busing, and the consistent perversion of the XIVth Amendment. A ruling on, say, eminent domain, is going to pale pretty quickly in THIS fast company.

musicman said:
I might also add that it's going to have to be some truly hellish abuse to compare, in scope and consequence, to some of the laughers pulled off in the name of liberalism, e.g., Roe vs. Wade, affirmative action, forced busing, and the consistent perversion of the XIVth Amendment. A ruling on, say, eminent domain, is going to pale pretty quickly in THIS fast company.

Precisely.

If there's an example of conservative judicial activism, it's something like ol' Nino handing down an expansive takings clause interpretation. But cripes, that's a drop in the bucket compared to what musicman correctly lists as just some of the liberal judicial activist outrages of our time, which have basically trumped what legislatures have done.

Did I mention that we shouldn't forget lawyers in all this? They --- often liberal busybodies --- bring cases they know they can get libbie judges to go along with. There would be no Roe if a lawyer hadn't brought it to court. That's why we need more conservative law students!

Forum List

Back