Judge upset by Obama's comments

saved

Apr 1, 2011
A federal appeals court judge on Tuesday seemed to take offense to comments President Barack Obama made earlier this week in which he warned that if the Supreme Court overturned his signature health care overhaul it would amount to overreach by an "unelected" court.

The Supreme Court is set to issue a ruling later this year on whether to strike down some or all of the historic health care law.

During oral arguments in Houston in a separate challenge to another aspect of the federal health care law, U.S. 5th Circuit Court of Appeals Judge Jerry Smith said Obama's comments troubled a number of people who have read them as a challenge to the authority of federal courts.
"I'm referring to statements by the president in the past few days to the effect, I'm sure you've heard about them, that it is somehow inappropriate for what he termed unelected judges to strike acts of Congress that have enjoyed, he was referring of course to Obamacare, to what he termed a broad consensus and majorities in both houses of Congress," Smith told Dana Kaersvang, an attorney with the Justice Department in Washington, D.C.

On Monday, Obama issued a direct challenge to the Supreme Court, saying he didn't believe the high court would take the "unprecedented" step of overturning a law passed by a strong majority of Congress.

This President is the most dangerous President we have ever had and set to take full power from the people if re-elected and perhaps even before the election.

A federal appeals court judge on Tuesday seemed to take offense to comments President Barack Obama made earlier this week in which he warned that if the Supreme Court overturned his signature health care overhaul it would amount to overreach by an "unelected" court.

The Supreme Court is set to issue a ruling later this year on whether to strike down some or all of the historic health care law.

During oral arguments in Houston in a separate challenge to another aspect of the federal health care law, U.S. 5th Circuit Court of Appeals Judge Jerry Smith said Obama's comments troubled a number of people who have read them as a challenge to the authority of federal courts.
"I'm referring to statements by the president in the past few days to the effect, I'm sure you've heard about them, that it is somehow inappropriate for what he termed unelected judges to strike acts of Congress that have enjoyed, he was referring of course to Obamacare, to what he termed a broad consensus and majorities in both houses of Congress," Smith told Dana Kaersvang, an attorney with the Justice Department in Washington, D.C.

On Monday, Obama issued a direct challenge to the Supreme Court, saying he didn't believe the high court would take the "unprecedented" step of overturning a law passed by a strong majority of Congress.

This President is the most dangerous President we have ever had and set to take full power from the people if re-elected and perhaps even before the election.
I think Obama should be impeached over granting "Unlawful presence waivers" by presidential mandate through DHS.

The man has clearly lost his marbles, scrambling greedily for business takeovers, bank takeovers, inheritance takeovers, and trying at one time or another to disassemble Amendments 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10.

I think Obama should be impeached over granting "Unlawful presence waivers" by presidential mandate through DHS.

The man has clearly lost his marbles, scrambling greedily for business takeovers, bank takeovers, inheritance takeovers, and trying at one time or another to disassemble Amendments 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10.

Obviously conservative idiocy will only increase as November draws near.

Obama can bluster and blow and threaten like the bully he is. But, as with any bully, you call their bluff. So, go ahead Mr. President, shake your finger and warn away. We don't care. We aren't afraid of you.

This President is a bigger threat to this nation then al-qaeda could ever be. He is set to sell us to the Russians by cutting our defense, he is against Israel, and he will no doubt take away our rights to bare arms as he wants to turn the country into a Marxist nation with himself as dictator along with his czars. I believe that he is setting the stage to take the election if he cannot win it.

Conservatives have been whining about activist liberal judges forever.

Surely it cannot be shocking to hear the other side do likewise.

(wow. help)

The Roberts court is the most activist in history. It has overturned more laws than any supreme court since the Rehnquist Court.

Here is what people don't understand.

They call it the Reagan Revolution for a reason. The goal of Reagan was to overturn 45 years of legislation which favored the middle class over concentrated wealth.

The only people who don't know this are the people who listen to Talk Radio. These people get 100% of their information from Movement Conservatism, which is simply a mechanism for moving the profits of business into rightwing think tanks and media.

(Help)

Last edited:
Obama can bluster and blow and threaten like the bully he is. But, as with any bully, you call their bluff. So, go ahead Mr. President, shake your finger and warn away. We don't care. We aren't afraid of you.

The arrogant S.O.B., and his dirtbag lemming followers, should be VERY afraid of us.

This President is a bigger threat to this nation then al-qaeda could ever be. He is set to sell us to the Russians by cutting our defense, he is against Israel, and he will no doubt take away our rights to bare arms as he wants to turn the country into a Marxist nation with himself as dictator along with his czars. I believe that he is setting the stage to take the election if he cannot win it.

You're giving Obama too much credit. You're making him out to be more powerful than he is. Your fear is very effeminate.

When you get to university, ask your Poly Sci professor the difference between Carter and Stalin.

(Psst: Obama is Carter)

Turn off Talk Radio.

But it's fine for the entire Pub propaganda machine to claim victory and assume the laws unconstitutionality....and it's gigantic, lockstep, and arrogant....like you morons lol

Wow, a 5th circuit judge has got a problem with something Obama said? I'm so fucking surprised, how could that be?

Saved,we ,as conservative activists are.gaining headway to create and sponsor an impeachment that includes constitutional violations,as well as a list of 50 other federal crimes.see link on sig.

Sad part is he has NOT lost his marbles. It's the script and the plan. All we need is Cloward and Piven on deck for the coup de grace.

Forum List

Back