Judge strikes down voter id law

Yep it's so tough to get an ID, wow what an adventure you have to do. Oh wait you do have to go to a government agency....soo.......it can take waaaaaay longer than it has to. sorry we're closed come back after our 2 hour lunch

This is bullshit. I have to show a picture ID just to get into my local Costco...why should it not be required for anyone wanting to vote for the highest office in the land, and quite possibly the most powerful person in the world?

I have to produce an passport with an implanted RFID to travel out of the country. Therefore, we should all be implanted with Voter RFIDs before we can vote.

If you do not support this, then you don't believe there is voter fraud and you want 20 million illegal aliens to re-elect Obama in November. QED.

The real fraud is that the GOP is blatantly trying to prevent citizens from voting. They did it in Florida in 2000, and they will do it whenever anyone fails to check on them.

How are they trying to deny them the right to vote? Without an ID, how do we even know they are citizens?

This is bullshit. I have to show a picture ID just to get into my local Costco...why should it not be required for anyone wanting to vote for the highest office in the land, and quite possibly the most powerful person in the world?

I have to produce an RFID embedded passport to travel out of the country. Therefore, we should all be implanted with Voter RFIDs before we can vote.

If you do not support this, then you don't believe there is voter fraud and you want 20 million illegal aliens to re-elect Obama in November. QED.

I think you are taking this a little far, but your sarcasm is noted. On the other hand, since a picture ID is needed for so many daily things, why not for voting for POTUS?

The real fraud is that the GOP is blatantly trying to prevent citizens from voting. They did it in Florida in 2000, and they will do it whenever anyone fails to check on them.

How are they trying to deny them the right to vote? Without an ID, how do we even know they are citizens?

They establish their citizenship during the voter registration process, dipshit.

They establish their citizenship during the voter registration process, dipshit.

And without an ID, how does anyone know such a process was followed?

SCOTUS will reverse as they did in 2008
Published: April 29, 2008

WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court upheld Indiana’s voter-identification law on Monday, declaring that a requirement to produce photo identification is not unconstitutional and that the state has a “valid interest” in improving election procedures as well as deterring fraud.
Related
Justices Indicate They May Uphold Voter ID Rules (January 10, 2008)
Text of the Opinion

In a 6-to-3 ruling in one of the most awaited election-law cases in years, the court rejected arguments that Indiana’s law imposes unjustified burdens on people who are old, poor or members of minority groups and less likely to have driver’s licenses or other acceptable forms of identification. Because Indiana’s law is considered the strictest in the country, similar laws in the other 20 or so states that have photo-identification rules would appear to have a good chance of surviving scrutiny.

Didn't you get the email? You no longer have to be a citizen to vote...just show up and vote...often.

For well over two centuries now, we have been forcing voters to produce a photo ID to vote. I hear Thomas Jefferson's Voter ID is going for a million bucks on eBay.

Jefferson was REAL big on putting as many bureaucratic hurdles to the exercising of our constitutional rights as possible, even if no one was able to provide any evidence of their necessity.

Really... So Illegals obtain citizenship through the voter registration process? Dipshit indeed.

For well over two centuries now, we have been forcing voters to produce a photo ID to vote. I hear Thomas Jefferson's Voter ID is going for a million bucks on eBay.

Jefferson was REAL big on putting as many bureaucratic hurdles to the exercising of our constitutional rights as possible, even if no one was able to provide any evidence of their necessity.

Blah, blah, blah. If you can carry your ass to the voting booth, you can carry your ass wherever you need to go, in order to get the proper ID.

The registration card provided by the individual is the requirement necessary to vote.

Someone established their citizenship during the registration process, but is this the same person at the polling place?

Forum List

Back