Judge says he can order abortion for disabled Nevada woman

Have you not read the autopsy reports?

Yes. They made no mention of "mush", or Grandma's equally low-class and callous word, "jello". They said she was severely brain-damaged, which no one has ever disputed. I assume this bare, factual use of terminology is owing to the facts that the pathologist 1) graduated medical school, unlike you, and 2) isn't a disgusting, crass juvenile, unlike you.

Also back in the land of facts, Terry Schiavo's brain, as severely damaged as it was, was still capable of operating her basic body systems. Her heart continued to beat, her lungs continued to breathe, she continued to process the nutrition provided. The fact that it was provided through a tube, rather than by her grabbing a knife and fork, does not make her, as Grandma also charmingly put it, "a dead woman".

Schivio couldn't communicate, could she? She couldn't have a conversation, she couldn't feed herself, brush her hair, bathe herself, wipe her own ass or insert a tampon, could she? She was a vegetable, and if the taxpayers were paying for her to lie in a bed all day, then its a blessing they pulled the plug.

Sounds a lot like Stephen Hawking to me.

Yes. They made no mention of "mush", or Grandma's equally low-class and callous word, "jello". They said she was severely brain-damaged, which no one has ever disputed. I assume this bare, factual use of terminology is owing to the facts that the pathologist 1) graduated medical school, unlike you, and 2) isn't a disgusting, crass juvenile, unlike you.

Also back in the land of facts, Terry Schiavo's brain, as severely damaged as it was, was still capable of operating her basic body systems. Her heart continued to beat, her lungs continued to breathe, she continued to process the nutrition provided. The fact that it was provided through a tube, rather than by her grabbing a knife and fork, does not make her, as Grandma also charmingly put it, "a dead woman".

Schivio couldn't communicate, could she? She couldn't have a conversation, she couldn't feed herself, brush her hair, bathe herself, wipe her own ass or insert a tampon, could she? She was a vegetable, and if the taxpayers were paying for her to lie in a bed all day, then its a blessing they pulled the plug.

Sounds a lot like Stephen Hawking to me.

Only Stephen Hawking has been able to communicate, and he has done amazing things, hasn't he? If he was just like Terri, it'd be a different story.

My father had one, too, about a year before he passed away. The muscles in his esophagus didn't work properly to allow him to swallow. Amazingly enough, we did NOT take this as a sign that he was dead and should be abandoned. And fortunately, Noomi Bundy wasn't making the laws in Arizona at that time, so no judge stepped in to take the decision away from us for fear that we loved him too much and were irrationally letting that influence us.

Now that you mention it, it was something like that. I also remember his family coming to visit every day, even after they installed the tube. I wonder why they did that since he was on life support and couldn't be expected to live.

Well, you know, according to Noomi Gacy and the other leftist psychopaths on the board, he was essentially dead at the point that he needed a feeding tube, and people DO visit the graves of their loves ones, so it was probably something along those lines.

My goodness, you have quite the ego, don't you? Anyone that disagrees with your demands to control a retarded stranger's uterus is a psychopath, a serial killer?
That feeding tubes automatically equate with a dissolving brain?

Great way to show that you finally realised you've lost the original argument.

Now that you mention it, it was something like that. I also remember his family coming to visit every day, even after they installed the tube. I wonder why they did that since he was on life support and couldn't be expected to live.

Well, you know, according to Noomi Gacy and the other leftist psychopaths on the board, he was essentially dead at the point that he needed a feeding tube, and people DO visit the graves of their loves ones, so it was probably something along those lines.

My goodness, you have quite the ego, don't you? Anyone that disagrees with your demands to control a retarded stranger's uterus is a psychopath, a serial killer?
That feeding tubes automatically equate with a dissolving brain?

Great way to show that you finally realised you've lost the original argument.

Nice try, you lying, senile twat, but no dice. I'M not the one who "wants to control a retarded stranger's uterus". YOU are, because YOU - not me - have been making definitive statements about what should and should not be done in her case. All I have said is that the decision belongs with the people who love her and will be affected by its outcome, not by strangers. You know, like YOU. So don't you DARE try to project YOUR misbehavior onto me. I'll cop to my own character flaws, but I will be damned if I will be tarred with YOURS, bitch.

Furthermore, EVERYONE who disagrees with me is not a psychopath. As far as I know, only Noomi is a psychopath, and it's not because she disagrees with me. It's because she TALKS like one, not that I would expect someone with brain wattage equal to a dying lightbulb to be able to grasp a concept that subtle. SOME of the people who disagree with me are just shriveled, Alzheimer's-ridden hags. :eusa_angel:

Great way to show that you've realized the only way you can PRETEND to ever win an argument is to lie your withered ass off. Call me if you ever get the urge to say something truthful, relevant, or even vaguely interesting. I won't hold my breath.

Forum List

Back