Judge orders Utah mom to chop off daughter’s ponytail in courtroom

Do You Agree with the Judge's Ruling?

• Total voters

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
Do you agree with the Judge's punishment? Poll to follow.

District Juvenile Judge Scott Johansen gave Valerie Bruno the option to either cut off her daughter Kaytlen Lopan's long hair "right now" with courtroom scissors or have the teen spend an extra 150 hours in detention as punishment for hacking off the locks of a 3-year-old girl she befriended in a McDonald's in Price.

Read more: Judge orders Utah mom to chop off daughter

How do you befriend someone by chopping off their hair. It seems fitting enought to me. Where were the parents when all this was going on.

Must be a Mormon thing. Mitt Romney does it too:

Prankster Mitt Romney Terrified Fellow Student With Haircut 'Hack Job' (UPDATE)

original.jpg

District Juvenile Judge Scott Johansen gave Valerie Bruno the option to either cut off her daughter Kaytlen Lopan's long hair "right now" with courtroom scissors or have the teen spend an extra 150 hours in detention as punishment for hacking off the locks of a 3-year-old girl she befriended in a McDonald's in Price.

Works for me...... though i would have made it a lot shorter cut then the chin line......and still given her the 150 hours of detention.

At first, I was kinda taken aback by this. But I thought about it for a bit. The way I see it is that basically, the judge gave a sentence to a juvenile, but offered to suspend part of that sentence if the parent made a showing that she would be proactive in correcting the child's wrongs for the future. It's certainly an unorthodox event, but I don't really have a problem with this as the end of the day.

It seems the mother's complaint is that she didn't expect the sentence to be so many hours long. Well, all I can say to that is "boo-hoo." Raise your child to behave better, and she won't end up afoul of the law.

Unconventional punishments can sometimes better fit the crime, like hair for hair. But, the trouble with this is that shitheads, and an unfit mom in this case, like to whine about it and claim it's unconstitutional. I hope this shitty's girl shitty mom runs into a tree and kills them both.

A youth judge has great leeway. The 'hair' for 'hair' judgement, in my opinion, is right on, and the mother had the option to not do it and take the extra 150 hours. Great call, judge, even if you are a dem.

Last edited:
At first, I was kinda taken aback by this. But I thought about it for a bit. The way I see it is that basically, the judge gave a sentence to a juvenile, but offered to suspend part of that sentence if the parent made a showing that she would be proactive in correcting the child's wrongs for the future. It's certainly an unorthodox event, but I don't really have a problem with this as the end of the day.

It seems the mother's complaint is that she didn't expect the sentence to be so many hours long. Well, all I can say to that is "boo-hoo." Raise your child to behave better, and she won't end up afoul of the law.

That 13yr-old is a serial criminal, so the piece-of-shit mother should have expected more serious consequences befitting a serial offender. Even in just this case, there must be something more. Just an unwanted haircut given by a tween to a toddler would't result in a court case.

Forum List

Back