Judge Orders Christian to pay Homo for using “Inappropriate” Bible verse

Why do you really care about if they sin or not? Does it hurt you? Does it make you unable to go to church? Does it effect your lifestyle? Does it change the way you think? Not everyone is christian.....you can still live your life but this contant banter about gay people leads me to believe they hit a nerve, are you afraid you may have gay tendencies? Lol.

You can do what you want but want to legislate against those who choose a different path. Get off your high horse dude! I bet there are gay people that cook your food or even cut your hair or take your letters at the post office. You don't know and it doesn't hurt you. How about it is none of your damn business what they do. This country is supposed to be free, and to pursue the pursuit of happiness. You sir are very anti American. And your hate is consuming you.

Well as Christians we're supposed to reject sin, not embrace it...and as a church, we are supposed to help our brethren to reject sin. So don't preach at us, it's not hate. It's love.

Then why use Leviticus 20 to prove a point, because if you truly believe what it says and you are not putting to death divorcees and gays then your a bad christian, since your using that argument. But if you tell me that the New Testament is why you do not kill those people then why use that as an argument. My point is valid because you rail against gays but not against divorce. And your God hates divorce because it is a broken convenant again. you can preach against it but turn a blind eye to other sin. How about we make a law against divorce and not sell cake or flowers to divorcees who remarry.

Live your life as the example and don't judge. If it is righteous then others will follow your example.

What gives you authority over me or my church?

That's right, nothing. Thank you, I know how Christianity works. And it doesn't work the way you think it does.
Because your a hypocrite. How many times have you been divorced?

Let me guess? it is none of my business......see my point!

It's none of your business.

You aren't a member of my church.

Now my brethren, I'll gladly share that information with, and listen to their gentle admonitions about my lifestyle, if they feel compelled to admonish me. And here's the thing...you reject the sin. That doesn't mean you never sin. It means you do your best to put the sin away from you.

Homos pretending that homosexuality isn't a sin can't be Christian, because they know that homosexuality is a sin..and they are lying about it..and they are making no effort to reject the sin. They are doubly in trouble because this is a sin against the Holy Spirit, and they will get in a lot of trouble for knowingly lying to the Spirit.

This is complicated stuff for assholes, so I don't expect you to understand. All you need to know is you have no authority whatever over me, or my faith. You count for nothing because you are anti-Christian.
then reserve your judgement to your denomination as you said, It is between you and your flock. You can say no gays allowed in your church, that's fine. But you see if the gay was christian then fine but what if he or she is not, what gives you the right to judge them when again it is none of your business. So I can't know about your lifestyle but you presume to want to know everyone else's who are not within you church. You can't have it both ways and claim the moral high ground.

Well as Christians we're supposed to reject sin, not embrace it...and as a church, we are supposed to help our brethren to reject sin. So don't preach at us, it's not hate. It's love.

Then why use Leviticus 20 to prove a point, because if you truly believe what it says and you are not putting to death divorcees and gays then your a bad christian, since your using that argument. But if you tell me that the New Testament is why you do not kill those people then why use that as an argument. My point is valid because you rail against gays but not against divorce. And your God hates divorce because it is a broken convenant again. you can preach against it but turn a blind eye to other sin. How about we make a law against divorce and not sell cake or flowers to divorcees who remarry.

Live your life as the example and don't judge. If it is righteous then others will follow your example.

That's right, nothing. Thank you, I know how Christianity works. And it doesn't work the way you think it does.

Now my brethren, I'll gladly share that information with, and listen to their gentle admonitions about my lifestyle, if they feel compelled to admonish me. And here's the thing...you reject the sin. That doesn't mean you never sin. It means you do your best to put the sin away from you.

Homos pretending that homosexuality isn't a sin can't be Christian, because they know that homosexuality is a sin..and they are lying about it..and they are making no effort to reject the sin. They are doubly in trouble because this is a sin against the Holy Spirit, and they will get in a lot of trouble for knowingly lying to the Spirit.

This is complicated stuff for assholes, so I don't expect you to understand. All you need to know is you have no authority whatever over me, or my faith. You count for nothing because you are anti-Christian.
then reserve your judgement to your denomination as you said, It is between you and your flock. You can say no gays allowed in your church, that's fine. But you see if the gay was christian then fine but what if he or she is not, what gives you the right to judge them when again it is none of your business. So I can't know about your lifestyle but you presume to want to know everyone else's who are not within you church. You can't have it both ways and claim the moral high ground.

Why not? You certainly think you can.

And..who is it I judged, anyway? Oh, that's right. I didn't. But even if I did...we all do. You are right here, for example. We do judge others. That's how we determine whether or not to send our children to another child's house for a slumber party, for example. It's how we determine whether or not we want to donate to a charity. We JUDGE.

Get a grip.

And..who is it I judged, anyway? Oh, that's right. I didn't. But even if I did...we all do. You are right here, for example. We do judge others. That's how we determine whether or not to send our children to another child's house for a slumber party, for example. It's how we determine whether or not we want to donate to a charity. We JUDGE.

Get a grip.
No reason to get mad and call me an asshole! I am not anti christian, I think christians have done good in this world, and have seen ancient churches and temples all over Europe, they are all very beautiful and of impeccable craftsmanship made with love of a stone masons trade, but seeing that how they made such temples and the love and care that they wrought it with blood and sweat makes me wish they treated each other with such love and care as they did objects of stone and glass and gilded ceilings.

I just think that it is none of their business. And they live their life as you do. Christians do not own the patent on marriage, all cultures and religions get married as they have since the beginning.

So you would have labored to convince him that Jesus contradicted himself by teaching homosexuality was ok when in fact he taught it was an abomination on Mt. Sinai. Got it.
Nope not at all, forgiveness perhaps, and not to judge. As far as Leviticus 20 goes God hates divorce and those that commit adultery should be put to death, not only gays but so as I said perhaps 100 million Americans most likely more then that should be put to death. You cannot claim just gay people if your going to quote that verse and anyone who divorces and marries again should be put to death because that is adultery, Like I said before, you guys pick and choose what to follow, and convienantly forget the sins you commit.

Besides the fact the New Testament trumps the Old Testament so unless your Jewish you really should not be quoting verses that is obsolete due to Jesus's sacrifice.
You missed the point altogether. Jesus is not a different God than the one that gave the law on Mt. Sinai, he is the same. That's your first mistake. The second is your assumption that the gospels are an exhaustive account of all Jesus taught. They aren't. In fact, the teachings of Christ are reflected in the teachings of his apostles and their immediate successors, most notably Paul and Jude who warned of the sin of homosexuality. The third mistake you make is the fallacy that disobeying some of God's laws renders the rest void. It doesn't. Such is the folly of trying to interpret the word of God without actually knowing God.
That is the point of what I posted. It is correct to state that homosexuality is wrong and against God's Law. It is not correct, however, to act like it is some kind of "super sin" that trumps all others. There are two commandments that Jesus taught. If you get those two right, you'll get all the others as well.

1. Love God.
2. Love your neighbor.

If you love God, you'll do what He commands.

Loving God and loving your neighbor does not give somebody a pass to live a sinful lifestyle.....and more people are doing that just by shacking up than homosexuals, I agree. All sin is equal in its capacity to forever separate us from the love of God and all sinners, homosexuals, fornicators, adulterers, and even "nice people" are called to repentance. "For there is no other name under heaven, given among men, by which we must be saved." (Acts 4:12)

Why do you really care about if they sin or not? Does it hurt you? Does it make you unable to go to church? Does it effect your lifestyle? Does it change the way you think? Not everyone is christian.....you can still live your life but this contant banter about gay people leads me to believe they hit a nerve, are you afraid you may have gay tendencies? Lol.

You can do what you want but want to legislate against those who choose a different path. Get off your high horse dude! I bet there are gay people that cook your food or even cut your hair or take your letters at the post office. You don't know and it doesn't hurt you. How about it is none of your damn business what they do. This country is supposed to be free, and to pursue the pursuit of happiness. You sir are very anti American. And your hate is consuming you.

The answer is already in the post you're quoting. You apparently missed it so out of a sense of generosity, I'll repeated it:

All sin is equal in its capacity to forever separate us from the love of God.

Nope not at all, forgiveness perhaps, and not to judge. As far as Leviticus 20 goes God hates divorce and those that commit adultery should be put to death, not only gays but so as I said perhaps 100 million Americans most likely more then that should be put to death. You cannot claim just gay people if your going to quote that verse and anyone who divorces and marries again should be put to death because that is adultery, Like I said before, you guys pick and choose what to follow, and convienantly forget the sins you commit.

Besides the fact the New Testament trumps the Old Testament so unless your Jewish you really should not be quoting verses that is obsolete due to Jesus's sacrifice.
You missed the point altogether. Jesus is not a different God than the one that gave the law on Mt. Sinai, he is the same. That's your first mistake. The second is your assumption that the gospels are an exhaustive account of all Jesus taught. They aren't. In fact, the teachings of Christ are reflected in the teachings of his apostles and their immediate successors, most notably Paul and Jude who warned of the sin of homosexuality. The third mistake you make is the fallacy that disobeying some of God's laws renders the rest void. It doesn't. Such is the folly of trying to interpret the word of God without actually knowing God.
That is the point of what I posted. It is correct to state that homosexuality is wrong and against God's Law. It is not correct, however, to act like it is some kind of "super sin" that trumps all others. There are two commandments that Jesus taught. If you get those two right, you'll get all the others as well.

1. Love God.
2. Love your neighbor.

Loving God and loving your neighbor does not give somebody a pass to live a sinful lifestyle.....and more people are doing that just by shacking up than homosexuals, I agree. All sin is equal in its capacity to forever separate us from the love of God and all sinners, homosexuals, fornicators, adulterers, and even "nice people" are called to repentance. "For there is no other name under heaven, given among men, by which we must be saved." (Acts 4:12)

since you are not a Christian but masquerading as one your opinion is meaningless.

1. Love God.
2. Love your neighbor.

funny you should say that as your church and all churches have no real authority just imagined authority.

Get a grip.
No reason to get mad and call me an asshole! I am not anti christian, I think christians have done good in this world, and have seen ancient churches and temples all over Europe, they are all very beautiful and of impeccable craftsmanship made with love of a stone masons trade, but seeing that how they made such temples and the love and care that they wrought it with blood and sweat makes me wish they treated each other with such love and care as they did objects of stone and glass and gilded ceilings.

I just think that it is none of their business. And they live their life as you do. Christians do not own the patent on marriage, all cultures and religions get married as they have since the beginning.
if you haven't already guessed kosher hag is psychotic....

1. Love God.
2. Love your neighbor.

since you are not a Christian but masquerading as one your opinion is meaningless.
Yes she is a real Christian. The idea that a hell bound, unrepentent, unregenerate, sinful unbeliever thinks himself qualified to determine who Christians are falls between laughable and contemptible.

funny you should say that as your church and all churches have no real authority just imagined authority.

It speaks to the fact that the objective of the left is to establish state authority over religion. The goal is to tell US what is *religion*...to tell US what we must do in order to be considered *faithful*...to tell US how to read the bible, and what parts to discard, to tell US where we may speak (in hushed tones) of our faith, to tell US where we may work, if we are deemed *Christian*....to tell US what religious traditions we may observed..and which we may not...and the relative importants of said religious traditions and sacraments.

It's all about state control of religion.

1. Love God.
2. Love your neighbor.

Yes she is a real Christian. The idea that a hell bound, unrepentent, unregenerate, sinful unbeliever thinks himself qualified to determine who Christians are falls between laughable and contemptible.
another faux Christian spews nonsense.

Forum List

Back