Judge Napolitano on ‘Fast and Furious’ Documents: Executive Privilege Only Applies If

Well Jake what you say may be true but it sure doesn't make Barry or his admin look all that great.

Nope. Espcially when you've got a dead Border Patrol Agent and Holders baby FF is responsible.

I agree. Nixon looked horrible also in the Watergate mess by insisting on withholding documents until SCOTUS told him to cough em up, and the rest is history.

Well Jake what you say may be true but it sure doesn't make Barry or his admin look all that great.

Nope. Espcially when you've got a dead Border Patrol Agent and Holders baby FF is responsible.

I agree. Nixon looked horrible also in the Watergate mess by insisting on withholding documents until SCOTUS told him to cough em up, and the rest is history.

And Obama looks worse, doesn't he?

Doesn't matter what you think or wonder, Claudette.

Congress can subpoena and Obama can ignore. Only SCOTUS can force Obama to have Holder answer the subpoena.

Completely wrong.

The Supreme Court has no ability to do anything about a Congressional subpoena.

Congress can subpoena and Obama can ignore. Only SCOTUS can force Obama to have Holder answer the subpoena.

Completely wrong.

that is until the Congress goes to the Court to Force it by a case against the POTUS.

Does Obama wish to go that far?

Completely wrong.

I don't think it's COMPLETELY wrong. But I agree that it's wrong. SCOTUS might be able to issue an order. It does seem to be a Constitutional matter ripe for resolution by that supposedly neutral branch.

However, it is NOT only SCOTUS which can act.

Congress can act, too.

It's called an impeachment inquiry. Congress is not obligated to sit with its collective thumb up its ass and accept this bullshit from the Executive branch.

Checks. Balances.

You do understand that Nixon was refusing to comply with a subpoena issued by a district judge relevant to a criminal investigation, don't you? That is slightly different than a subpoena issued by Congress.

Napolitano has an opinion, and it is in error.

Are you saying executive privilege covers a janitor in in the basement of the Treasury building?

EP covers what the President says it does until the SCOTUS tells him it doesn't.

The Congress has no jurisdiction over a President and his exercise of EP.

In other words, it only applies if the president says it does, which is exactly what you objected to Napolitano saying.

Interesting.

You do understand that Nixon was refusing to comply with a subpoena issued by a district judge relevant to a criminal investigation, don't you? That is slightly different than a subpoena issued by Congress.

A subpoena issued by a Court is no less a subpoena and no more a subpoena requiring compliance than one issued by Congress.

Issa was asking for docs that Holder can not legally produce you idiots.

wear your new shit stain with pride

Says holder... I'm sure the House Judiciary Committee is capable of deciding what documents should not be made public. (unlike the obama administration)

Shit stain?

Let's talk about the cum stain on your blue dress. Who's DNA will we find there, coward? obama's holder's?

Last edited:

Completely wrong.

that is until the Congress goes to the Court to Force it by a case against the POTUS.

Does Obama wish to go that far?

Historically, SCOTUS does not involve itself in political issues involving the other branches because the Constitution does not give it jurisdiction. All three branches are equal, and any branch can, in theory, ignore the others if it doesn't like what they are doing. It could get really complicated really fast if one branch set itself up as the arbiter between the other tow.

Napolitano has an opinion, and it is in error.

Are you saying executive privilege covers a janitor in in the basement of the Treasury building?

EP covers what the President says it does until the SCOTUS tells him it doesn't.

The Congress has no jurisdiction over a President and his exercise of EP.

So, if the President claims Executive Privilege to have you brought to the White House so he can bone you up the ass... that's ok, because EP covers whatever he says it covers... right?

Completely wrong.

I don't think it's COMPLETELY wrong. But I agree that it's wrong. SCOTUS might be able to issue an order. It does seem to be a Constitutional matter ripe for resolution by that supposedly neutral branch.

However, it is NOT only SCOTUS which can act.

Congress can act, too.

It's called an impeachment inquiry. Congress is not obligated to sit with its collective thumb up its ass and accept this bullshit from the Executive branch.

Checks. Balances.

The only examples I am aware of when SCOTUS ordered the Executive branch to comply with a subpoena involved subpoenas issued by courts that followed established laws. Congressional subpoenas are a fabricated rule that allows Congress to investigate without involving the courts, and are not subject to review by the courts.

Forum List

Back