Judge Napolitano Explains How Trump's Travel Ban Could Be Reinstated

Kevin_Kennedy

Defend Liberty
Aug 27, 2008
Judge Napolitano said a major factor in this case is that the plaintiffs aren't people trying to enter the U.S., but states who are suing on behalf of those people.

"The Constitution requires the plaintiffs be people who are actually harmed or in immediate likelihood of harm ... to bring a lawsuit, particularly against the president of the United States," Judge Napolitano explained.

Judge Nap Explains How Trump's Travel Ban Could Be Reinstated

Judge Napolitano is essentially saying he expects Judge Robart's decision to be reversed because Minnesota and Washington have no standing. Note that he did not say that he agrees with Trump's Executive Order, merely that he expects it to be reinstated on the basis of standing.

Jud Nap, if he is right, has just given the citizens of the US to attack Citizens.

If Nappy said it, it ain't right. Guy's a bigger fail than Krauthammer.

My guess is that team Trump will try to steer away from the real but inconvenient fact that Trump's EO resulted in American citizens waiting in airports for expected arrivals of relatives who had legal status to be here, but were denied entry.

If Team Trump succeeds on that, then the ban is upheld as being a temporary step to develop executive power regulations to implement immigration laws.

It's the Ninth Cir, so if Trump loses anywhere, it's here. If it goes up to the scotus, I'd expect that Team Trump would quietly amend the EO to not apply to people with the legal right to be in the US.

If Nappy said it, it ain't right. Guy's a bigger fail than Krauthammer.

My guess is that team Trump will try to steer away from the real but inconvenient fact that Trump's EO resulted in American citizens waiting in airports for expected arrivals of relatives who had legal status to be here, but were denied entry.

If Team Trump succeeds on that, then the ban is upheld as being a temporary step to develop executive power regulations to implement immigration laws.

It's the Ninth Cir, so if Trump loses anywhere, it's here. If it goes up to the scotus, I'd expect that Team Trump would quietly amend the EO to not apply to people with the legal right to be in the US.
Looks like you were correct and Napolitano was wrong. They ruled that the States do have standing because the universities which are agents of the State can show that they were harmed by Trump's order.

http://cdn.ca9.uscourts.gov/datastore/opinions/2017/02/09/17-35105.pdf

I'd personally prefer every president is always undermined.
Well, yes, there's that. But we don't need the neocons getting their cloven hooves back on the levers of power.
How many dead children can be attributed to Trump so far? At this point does it make any difference whether the neocons are literally there or just there in spirit?

I can cut him a very little bit of slack because a bunch of this stuff is on autopilot. Even so, the drone shit has to end soon.

Forum List

Back