Judge leaves Man $58 to live on, tells him: "You can afford it, figure it out."

As long as abortion is legal, I think men should be able to "opt out" of being a father after conception. Fair is fair.
I am not so sure I agree with that. Trust me, if I get divorced I will hate cutting the child support checks, but I think its right to force fathers to do it.

Regardless of how the child was conceived. It could have been a one night stand in the baseroom at Denny's, the child is still conceived and CAN NOT support him/herself. It's the responsibility of both the mother and father.

I don't think they should get to "opt out" after the child is born, only during the time that it is legal for the woman to have an abortion.

If the mother and father agrees to allows the father to sign over all his rights to the child, then its the equivalent of opting out.

I don't think they should get to "opt out" after the child is born, only during the time that it is legal for the woman to have an abortion.

There is an opt out somewhat! If the father signs over all rights to the kid and the mother accepts.

Like I said, all decisions are left up to the mother...the father just gets the bill. In an enlightened society, that's just plain stupid.

Basically you only see 2 parties in the situation, actually there are 3! The mother, the father and the helpless child. The child can NOT take care of him/herself. He/she needs someone to take care of her. The primary duties fall onto the caregiver. That is not always the mother. My male boss has his kids and his ex has to cut a fat child support check each month. It happens.

The person who doesn't have majority custody has to pay and that is a good way to run society.

Life is Not Fair.
That quote seems to sum up the attitude of judges who hand down grotesquely unfair rulings. Get used to things being unfair because they are. The little fact that the judge is making it far more unfair is of no import to the judge. What is important to the judge is their own inflated sense of self importance which is aggrandized by giving unfair rulings.

There is an opt out somewhat! If the father signs over all rights to the kid and the mother accepts.

Like I said, all decisions are left up to the mother...the father just gets the bill. In an enlightened society, that's just plain stupid.

Basically you only see 2 parties in the situation, actually there are 3! The mother, the father and the helpless child. The child can NOT take care of him/herself. He/she needs someone to take care of her. The primary duties fall onto the caregiver. That is not always the mother. My male boss has his kids and his ex has to cut a fat child support check each month. It happens.

The person who doesn't have majority custody has to pay and that is a good way to run society.

You are talking about support for children that are already born, I'm talking about babies that haven't been born yet. The mother can still opt out, the father is left with whatever decision the mother makes, he has NO CHOICE. That is unfair, especially to those fathers who want the children and I've talked to some who still mourn their unborn children that the mothers chose to kill. IMO the only way to make it fair is to give the father the same amount of time after conception to "opt out" as the mother has....If the mother cannot support the child on her own, she can always give it up for adoption, I know lots of people looking to adopt children, especially babies.

Like I said before, if the mother knew she only had a 50/50 chance at getting custody if she gave birth, how many would still give birth? My guess is NONE. Birthcontrol works a lot better than people claim.

Oh and here's an idea, if the mother has a child she can't support, how about we give custody of that child to the father automatically? Instead of just a bill?

And instead of giving free schooling to unwed mothers, how about giving it to unwed fathers? That way they may be able to get a job where they CAN pay child support.

All of these are just ideas, there is no absolute except that life is really unfair and in the end we all die.

Last edited:
Fuck that. The kids are his, he can figure it out. I'm raising 4 (it doesn't stop when they turn 18) and the pittance I get in child support is a joke. Heat alone is $200 a month....so 2/3 of that is theirs, and 1/2 of that should by rights be his. Add that to their portion of the rent, and guess what? I don't get anywhere near what I spend on them.

And that's just the second set. The first set, I've receive a grand total (over 24 years) of $5,200. Woo fucking hoo. We spent that much on one broken arm, 13 years ago.

My ex never paid a penny in support. He was only ordered to pay $100 per month, and went to court to have it reduced to $90 (why, I don't know...since he never paid either amount).

In any case, don't fret too much. My ex-asshole thought he was in the clear after my daughter turned 18. He found out he was wrong. The state of Florida (with the assistance of Michigan) went after his ass in '04 (she was then 27 years old) and garnished his wages; I received checks not only for the back child support he owed, but they also tacked years of interest onto it as well. He ended up paying me over twice what he would have had he just paid it at the time.

*hint*

Forum List

Back