Judge declares smoking bans consitiutional

Ah ... you sound like one well-versed in the propaganda.

If your concern is secondhand smoke harming others, I am afraid I must request you cease and desist all use of your automibile(s) and all other gasoline-powered engines as the emission from them are far more deadly than any secondhand smoke.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.
Very poor analogy. Cars and other gas fired engines provide necessary services and as yet cannot be substituted entirely by other types of engines and fuel. Tobacco does not. Tobacco that is smoked provides nothing of value except to those who are addicted to it Other forms of getting nicotene into the bloodstream exist.

We have non smoking in Philly and in New Jersey and I have to say it is really nice. I smoked young so I never complained but now you come home and don't smell like an ashtray. Great idea and they are adding space, outside and more secluded, for the smokers.

It appears most people in the US agree with you. That is why legislators can no longer be bought out by tobacco lobbyists if they wish to be re-elected.

Shogun, I'm beginning to understand why this message board has so few participants.

maybe... if we BANNED other messageboards....

I mean, who wants choices when we can force people to comply anyway?

:eusa_whistle:

It doesn't have anything to do with a nonsmokers rights. It has to do with the rights of private businesses to run their own businesses the way they want to.

If you go into a bar and complain about the smoke, odds are that you are a moron. Bars are smokey places, jackass.

What rights of private businesses? Are property rights/ the rights of private enterprise inherent rights? I think not, jackanapes.

It appears most people in the US agree with you. That is why legislators can no longer be bought out by tobacco lobbyists if they wish to be re-elected.

it probably really IS the tobacco lobby, and not bar owners, pushing for property rights.

:clap2:

it probably really IS the tobacco lobby, and not bar owners, pushing for property rights.

:clap2:

Bar owners don't want smoking anymore either. Bar employees don't want smoking anymore. Bar patrons don't want smoking anymore. In fact, many smokers don't want smoking anymore. I think you know this and you can't deal with not having things your way anymore. It sucks to be you, doesn't it.

What rights of private businesses? Are property rights/ the rights of private enterprise inherent rights? I think not, jackanapes.

You have just disqualified any argument you may have with this insane statement. To claim a small businessman does not have an inherent rights over his livelihood is totalitarian, and scary.

Bar owners don't want smoking anymore either. Bar employees don't want smoking anymore.

And those individual bar owners who do not want smoking can ban it in their own bars.

Bar patrons don't want smoking anymore.

And those patrons can go to bars which have banned smoking

In fact, many smokers don't want smoking anymore.

And they can quit!

However, the argument that some kind of benevolent government can tell individuals what kind of individual choices to make smacks of stupidity.

You have just disqualified any argument you may have with this insane statement. To claim a small businessman does not have an inherent rights over his livelihood is totalitarian, and scary.

No he doesn't, if you wish to have the priviledge of running a business in this country, if you wish to benefit room the patronage of the citizens of this country, if you wish to avail yourself of the workforce of this country then you must abide by the laws of this country.

And those individual bar owners who do not want smoking can ban it in their own bars.

And those patrons can go to bars which have banned smoking

And they can quit!

However, the argument that some kind of benevolent government can tell individuals what kind of individual choices to make smacks of stupidity.

Substitute afficionados of asbestos for smokers in your above statements and tell me your argument still isn't ridiculous.

No he doesn't, if you wish to have the priviledge of running a business in this country, if you wish to benefit room the patronage of the citizens of this country, if you wish to avail yourself of the workforce of this country then you must abide by the laws of this country.

Not when the laws of this country take away your inherent rights. It's people like you who are complacent when the government breaks the law...it's people like you who believe the government is benevolent and will do nothing more than turn this country into happy land...it's people like you who believe you have the right to tell others how to run their businesses and their lives.

It's people like you who are turning this country into a totalitarian state.

Not when the laws of this country take away your inherent rights. It's people like you who are complacent when the government breaks the law...it's people like you who believe the government is benevolent and will do nothing more than turn this country into happy land...it's people like you who believe you have the right to tell others how to run their businesses and their lives.

It's people like you who are turning this country into a totalitarian state.

Yes it's ordinary people who are no longer allowing tobacco companies and nicotene junkies make decisions for us on the quality of the air we breathe in public places. Yes, we will tell you how to run your businesses and if you don't like it, go start a smoker's colony on the moon.

Yes it's ordinary people who are no longer allowing tobacco companies and nicotene junkies make decisions for us on the quality of the air we breathe in public places. Yes, we will tell you how to run your businesses and if you don't like it, go start a smoker's colony on the moon.

Finally! Confirmation of the fact that people like you have admitted and stated flat out that they want the Government to run your lives.

It's better that your authoritarianism is out in the open.

Finally! Confirmation of the fact that people like you have admitted and stated flat out that they want the Government to run your lives.

It's better that your authoritarianism is out in the open.

We are the government and we are tired of you running our lives.

We are the government and we are tired of you running our lives.

Reading comprehension must not be your strong suit. This is about each individual running their own lives, and having the choice to frequent establishments which best represent their vision for how they want to live.

That is something you have flat out admitted to opposing.

Forum List

Back