Judge declares smoking bans consitiutional

Nope. I'm saying she should have lived in a plastic bubble.

:cuckoo:

You must live on that same planet Shogun lives on. It's pointless discussing this stuff with people like you all. You are not in least bit interested in freedom and people's rights. You just want to make sure you can get your next fix.

Such a tired tactic. Can't you come up with some new bullshit?

it's a fact. NO ONE makes you enter a smoky bar but yourself. You have no one to blame except yourself. Don't like the smoke? Choose somewhere else.

Hell, let's take your example and insist that a chinese fucking resteraunt make me some lasagna since I refuse to choose an italian place to eat.

You must live on that same planet Shogun lives on. It's pointless discussing this stuff with people like you all. You are not in least bit interested in freedom and people's rights. You just want to make sure you can get your next fix.

FREEDOM? who the hell are YOU to bring that word up? PEOPLES RIGHTS? what a fucking knee slapper THAT is. Indeed, and as long as it's LEGAL to get my fix from BUSINESSES that WANT to provide a location for such then your ass really has no place in the equasion. There is no lack of smoke free locations. You have your options and we should have ours. If you don't think so, well, make another funny joke about FREEDOM and RIGHTS again.

it's a fact. NO ONE makes you enter a smoky bar but yourself. You have no one to blame except yourself. Don't like the smoke? Choose somewhere else.

Hell, let's take your example and insist that a chinese fucking resteraunt make me some lasagna since I refuse to choose an italian place to eat.

Lack of oxygen from smoking and asthma is affecting your brain.

They all are in my state. :cool:

not in mine, thank god.

and, even in my town where there is a ban, 07 proved to be a disastrous year for local bar owners. From pool halls to downtown bars the dollars have been in full exodus to outlying towns.. which, if any pink lungers GAVE a fuck, increased the chance of drunk driving fatalities.

but, for real, who gives a fuck about a family becoming road jelly when there is a SINGLE "LINK" to shs?

Lack of oxygen from smoking and asthma is affecting your brain.

funny, I seem to be the one with tangible facts on my side. Looks like the dazzling stars of fanaticism are affecting your brain. Get off your high horse and make better personal choices so the rest of us can live our own lives without your invasive opinon.

not in mine, thank god.

and, even in my town where there is a ban, 07 proved to be a disastrous year for local bar owners. From pool halls to downtown bars the dollars have been in full exodus to outlying towns.. which, if any pink lungers GAVE a fuck, increased the chance of drunk driving fatalities.

but, for real, who gives a fuck about a family becoming road jelly when there is a SINGLE "LINK" to shs?

You wouldn't see the exodus if it was done at the state level, for obvious practical reasons. But it won't be long before it's a federal law anyway so smoke'm if you got'em.

FREEDOM? who the hell are YOU to bring that word up? PEOPLES RIGHTS? what a fucking knee slapper THAT is. Indeed, and as long as it's LEGAL to get my fix from BUSINESSES that WANT to provide a location for such then your ass really has no place in the equasion. There is no lack of smoke free locations. You have your options and we should have ours. If you don't think so, well, make another funny joke about FREEDOM and RIGHTS again.

I'm going to have to stop now, Gluegun, I can see that this discussion is leading you to an apoplectic fit. And seeing that your heart is already weakened by your years of smoking, I can't take the chance that another reply from me might put you on the point of no return. I certainly don't want your demise to be blamed on exposure to my secondhand logic and reason.

You wouldn't see the exodus if it was done at the state level, for obvious practical reasons. But it won't be long before it's a federal law anyway so smoke'm if you got'em.

I never go to bars anymore. There's no point. The only time I smoke is when I have a drink.

I think one day it will flip back the other way and business owners will get to either have a smoking bar or a non-smoking bar.

But then again, big brother encroaches on us more every day.

meh.. they say that about a lot of things.. from spanking your kid to wearing bike helmets.

Im confident that Americans are not the "roll over" type when it comes to their personal liberties. After all, while a state ban would be less immediatly indicative of an exodus, the FACT remains that this is precisely what such a ban causes.

after all, It sure as fuck doesn't deliver a boon of pink lunger patronage like is usually promised.

I'm going to have to stop now, Gluegun, I can see that this discussion is leading you to an apoplectic fit. And seeing that your heart is already weakened by your years of smoking, I can't take the chance that another reply from me might put you on the point of no return. I certainly don't want your demise to be blamed on exposure to my secondhand logic and reason.

by all means, continue. You see, this is what PERSONAL CHOICES are all about.

I realize pointing that out is like showing you a still image of a grainy bigfoot but...

I never go to bars anymore. There's no point. The only time I smoke is when I have a drink.

I think one day it will flip back the other way and business owners will get to either have a smoking bar or a non-smoking bar.

But then again, big brother encroaches on us more every day.

I don't think OSHA laws will ever go back to excluding bar employees from protection against SMS. For one, people would see it as an attempt by the tobacco industry to chip away at hard earned protections for working people. If you allow smoking in bars again, next it will be in airplanes, busses, any public place. Most people just don't want to have to put up with that kind of tyranny again. Second, restaurant owners are not interested in catering to a dwindling minority. They know that the smoke will mean less customers, more work and difficulty hiring the best employees available. Smoke is just not profitable.

Smokers who want to be allowed to smoke in bars are a special interest group who want to impose their lifestyle on the rest of the populace.

meh.. they say that about a lot of things.. from spanking your kid to wearing bike helmets.

Im confident that Americans are not the "roll over" type when it comes to their personal liberties. After all, while a state ban would be less immediatly indicative of an exodus, the FACT remains that this is precisely what such a ban causes.

after all, It sure as fuck doesn't deliver a boon of pink lunger patronage like is usually promised.

Can you provide some facts to support your statement? In my state business in bars and restaurants increased by 15% after the ban.

I'm guessing there will come a class action suit by restauranteurs regarding property rights and the free use of such. So far they've been cowed, but living in IL and seeing 3 restaurants close since January, that were popular before that, the writing is on the wall.

They should be allowed to offer smoking and non-smoking. Patrons obviously have the right to choose to go for 'sections' or opt for 'only smoking' or want a restaurant that is totally 'smoke free'. All should have the right to make their choices.

New Topics

Forum List

Back