Judge Declares Ban on Gay Marriage Unconstitutional

The issue is not that two people can or cannot procreate, the issue is two consenting adults inability to enter a government recognized contract based on what amounts to gender discrimination (I can marry a woman but another woman cannot have the same government contract with that woman and its benefits).

You have no right to marry, PERIOD

That being said, let em marry who cares.

True. But as long as heterosexual couples have government recognized marriage it is a due process and equal protection rights violation to deny it to homosexuals (again it boils down to discrimination based on gender).

You might not care but, obviously, many people do.

I can't help what others think. Personally I think the government should just not recognize marriage at all. Problem solved.

The issue is not that two people can or cannot procreate, the issue is two consenting adults inability to enter a government recognized contract based on what amounts to gender discrimination (I can marry a woman but another woman cannot have the same government contract with that woman and its benefits).

You have no right to marry, PERIOD

That being said, let em marry who cares.

True. But as long as heterosexual couples have government recognized marriage it is a due process and equal protection rights violation to deny it to homosexuals (again it boils down to discrimination based on gender).

You might not care but, obviously, many people do.

It's not about gender with homosexuals...

:)

peace...

The judge is not wrong. US marriage laws are discriminatory and will be struck down by the USSC as such. You wont win on this one my friends. God's law will be broken but who cares? Abortion, divorce, state sanctioned murder - each is a sin but each is legal and is done daily.

The homos will marry and there's nothing you or anyone else can do about it.

no...but we can do something about lowlifes who molest little boys...

Why have you left out little girls? Was it intentional? The reason I ask is because more girls are molested than boys every single day...by heterosexual males...most often by family members and family friends.

Its a ratio issue... Homosexuals molest at a higher rate...

peace...

no...but we can do something about lowlifes who molest little boys...

Why have you left out little girls? Was it intentional? The reason I ask is because more girls are molested than boys every single day...by heterosexual males...most often by family members and family friends.

Its a ratio issue... Homosexuals molest at a higher rate...

peace...
source?

and it has always been my position that the government shouldn't be involved in marriage at all
its a religious sacrament and should be relegated to a religious only ceremony, if you want the LEGAL union things that are called marriage now, it should be a legal union contract and not marriage

Last edited:
No they won't...

There is Legal Precedent and it's not just Loving...

No Person of Consenting Age is being Denied Marriage in this Country.

A Small Percentage, not just Homosexuals, are being Denied the Ability to Redefine Marriage in Law.

peace...

By your logic no one of consenting age prior to Loving v Virginia was being denied the ability to marry. Black people could marry black people and white people could marry white people; they both had the equal right to marry within their own race. Of course that clearly is an due process and equal protection violation. Homosexuals will eventually have state recognized marriages. It is inevitable.

A black man and white woman have the ability to procreate...

Race and sexually deviant choices are not analogous...

peace...

surrogate moms and sperm banks.

welcome to the brave new world. the new techniques were developed for people who have a difficult time procreating.

the churches accept artificial insemination, and more.

:lol:

The hell it does...

Only a man and a woman can... regardless of state or race.

peace...

Procreation really doesn't matter....

It certainly does... check Loving...

peace...

So is your argument that marriage is for procreation purposes? If so then straight people should have to be tested for their ability to procreate before they are even allowed to marry. If you can't procreate you can't get married. We have the technology now to run such tests, and if you really wanted to stretch it out, they can't get married until the woman is knocked up, just be sure.

There is a lot more that comes with marriage in a legal sense then just a name given to a child. It's about being legally recognized with your partner and about having the legal rights and protections that are afforded with that legal contract. There is no, sound, reason that homosexuals shouldn't have the same legal rights as heterosexuals when it comes to signing a legal contract.

When it comes to the church aspect, well churches regularly turn away straight couples for one reason or another and they can feel free to turn away homosexual ones as well.

The possibility only exists with heterosexual coupling... Ever. Homosexuals need for validation is not a justification for punishing the only coupling that is capable of reflecting our natural design... Try again.

peace...

I say deregulate marriage and then make sodomy illegal. Sure you straights who enjoy the anal would have to be careful, but well CiricleJerk and his ilk would be out of luck.

The possibility only exists with heterosexual coupling... Ever. Homosexuals need for validation is not a justification for punishing the only coupling that is capable of reflecting our natural design... Try again.

peace...

Punishing? Please elaborate...

Only Male and Female are Capable of Reflecting our Natural Design... EVER.

Some Heterosexual Couples are told they can't, but then do... Even having Mutiple Children.

The Standard is being Equiped to ProCreate, NOT Proving you can because Homosexuals can't get Society to Applaud their Chosen Deviation.

Homosexuals can NOT ProCreate... 100% of the Time... Ever.

The Natural Standard does NOT Need to be Adjusted in Law to Reflect what is NOT.

Homosexual Coupling is NOT Equal to Heterosexual Coupling.

It shouldn't be Outlawed or Punished, but Marriage doesn't Need to be Expanded Dishonestly to them, and Specifically to the Exclusion of other Devations.

Polygamists have More Right to Marriage than Homosexuals do, yet they are Denied.

Because we are NOT Animals...

At least MOST of us are Not. ;)

peace...

peace...

Explain to me how a committed, homosexual, couple getting married, in any way, punishes a committed straight couple?

As for this crap you keep spewing about kids...do you have any clue what percentage of them come from single parent homes? Either due to divorce or simply because their parents never were married? Far more than have parents that are still together. If marriage is supposed to be "For the children" then straight folk have failed anyway.

peace...

Explain to me how a committed, homosexual, couple getting married, in any way, punishes a committed straight couple?

Read the Conversation, Hammerhead...

If Homosexuals can't Force themselves into Marriage, then Heterosexuals should have Restrictions put on them...

That's Basically what was being used as a Counter.

Homosexuals don't Need "Marriage" for any other Reason than to Find a Validation that does NOT Exist on it's own.

Civil Unions are all that is Needed.

peace...

Homosexuals procreate all the time.

They do so by having heterosexual sex.

You're deluding yourself if you imagine that every married couple is necessarily two heteros.

Go to any gay community and just ask the boys or girls there how many of them have kids.

Closeted homo males who married because they wanted to have kids and live up to expectations put on them by their families are as common as dust.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back