Adjuntas, PR , USA
PH2009011303375.jpg

Hon. Susan J. Crawford

Detainee Tortured, Says U.S. Official

Trial Overseer Cites 'Abusive' Methods Against 9/11 Suspect

By Bob Woodward
Washington Post Staff Writer
Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The top Bush administration official in charge of deciding whether to bring Guantanamo Bay detainees to trial has concluded that the U.S. military tortured a Saudi national who allegedly planned to participate in the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, interrogating him with techniques that included sustained isolation, sleep deprivation, nudity and prolonged exposure to cold, leaving him in a "life-threatening condition."

"We tortured [Mohammed al-]Qahtani," said Susan J. Crawford, in her first interview since being named convening authority of military commissions by Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates in February 2007. "His treatment met the legal definition of torture. And that's why I did not refer the case" for prosecution.

.:eek:

Last edited:
They call waterboarding torture???

Torture to me is pulling out fingernails, toenails, wiring someones genitals up to a battery. Hanging them from a ceiling and beating the shit out of em with barbed wire. Thats torture. Waterboarding, not even close. Not even close when you compare it to what these dirtbag terrorist do to people they capture. No wonder the terrorists think we are weak. We can't hold a candle to them in the torture dept.

Last edited:
Khalid Mohammed's confession was coerced! He was tortured! Cut him loose! IF the turban don't fit, you must acquit!

They call waterboarding torture??? Torture to me is pulling out fingernails, toenails, wiring someones genitals up to a battery. t.

It isn't.

BTW, I can be by your doublewide Saturday Afternoon. Give me your address include the Lot# and your neighbor's phone number. We will do a little test.

.:rolleyes:

What is it with the red crayon brigade around here?

California Girl as much as you complain about people using color in their posts.

I think you may be afflicted with Chromatophobia (fear of colors) and need to seek psychological help. :cool:

Color + Design Blog / The Absolutely Scariest Colors Imaginable by COLOURlovers

Specifically Phodophobia (Fear of the Color Red)

Actually her fear is known as "alethophobia". fear of the truth. She can't handle it.

They call waterboarding torture??? Torture to me is pulling out fingernails, toenails, wiring someones genitals up to a battery. t.

It isn't. BTW, I can be by your doublewide Saturday Afternoon. Give me your address include the Lot# and your neighbor's phone number. We will do a little test.

Explain to me how you call waterboarding "torture" is the same as, in no particular order of severity, some of Saddam's regime favorite torture methods:
1. smashing the bottom of feet
2. hanging from meat hooks
3. painting faces with acid
4. throwing off roof tops
5. burying in sand
6. gassing with mustard gas
7. boiling in oil
8. cutting off limbs
9. beating to a pulp
10. there are probably more, but those are the ones I can recall.

You also know that terrorists beheaded US prisoners, correct?

Then you also know that we put US troops thru waterboarding as part of their training, with no ill effects, correct?

Then can you admit that Obama and Holder committed treason by giving AQ secret CIA interrogation methods? Its called "aid and comfort to the enemy".

So I'm not sure which double-wide you live in, but you must be on drugs to argue against the Bush record of protecting the US from terror attacks. Obama flunked national security 101. The "test" I'd give you is a pre-screen drug test to see if you're employable.

The liberals are gonna kick America's ass. They gonna show us who's boss, now sit down and shut the fuck up!

Interesting dilema from the article:

Military prosecutors said in November that they would seek to refile charges against Qahtani, 30, based on subsequent interrogations that did not employ harsh techniques. But Crawford, who dismissed war crimes charges against him in May 2008, said in the interview that she would not allow the prosecution to go forward."

No prosecution, but...

"There's no doubt in my mind he would've been on one of those planes had he gained access to the country in August 2001," Crawford said of Qahtani, who remains detained at Guantanamo. "He's a muscle hijacker. . . . He's a very dangerous man. What do you do with him now if you don't charge him and try him? I would be hesitant to say, 'Let him go.' "

Question Judge Crawford, is being imprisoned for the rest of your life without a trial torture?

Guantanamo Detainee Was Tortured, Says Official Overseeing Military Trials - washingtonpost.com

Claiming torture will be the terrorist's get out of jail free card.

So we are in a "who has the worst torture techniques" contest.

Us or Saddam??? :eek:

Before the Bush administration.

America was above torture and all things associated with the subject.

How low and far we have fallen. :(

It isn't. BTW, I can be by your doublewide Saturday Afternoon. Give me your address include the Lot# and your neighbor's phone number. We will do a little test.

Explain to me how you call waterboarding "torture" is the same as, in no particular order of severity, some of Saddam's regime favorite torture methods:
5. burying in sand
7. boiling in oil
8. cutting off limbs
9. beating to a pulp

Then you also know that we put US troops thru waterboarding as part of their training, with no ill effects, correct?

Then can you admit that Obama and Holder committed treason by giving AQ secret CIA interrogation methods? Its called "aid and comfort to the enemy".

So I'm not sure which double-wide you live in, but you must be on drugs to argue against the Bush record of protecting the US from terror attacks. Obama flunked national security 101. The "test" I'd give you is a pre-screen drug test to see if you're employable.

Careful,, you gonna burst their shangri la view of utopia!

Sure Con, come on over. Be glad to do a little test. I'll pull out your toenails, fingernails, wire your balls up to a battery and hit the juice. You can waterboard me. We'll see who comes out ahead. Bet it won't be you jackass.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hw1It3AlXmQ]YouTube - Loon calls[/ame]

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

5. burying in sand
7. boiling in oil
8. cutting off limbs
9. beating to a pulp

you're comparing us to saddam... the guy you think was so horrible that we should have gone into a sovereign nation and deposed someone who was no threat to us?

as for Bush's "record"... er... 9/11 happened on his watch. think you'd give President Obama a pass if we were attacked now?

as for employable...baby bush never had a job his daddy's money and connections didn't buy him.

seriously, what on earth are you talking about?

Forum List

Back