Gold Member
Apr 20, 2009
Reno, NV
Judge could block only part of SB1070:clap2::clap2:
Judge could block only part of SB1070

Posted: 07/21/2010
Last Updated: 41 minutes ago
By: ABC15.com staff, wire reports
PHOENIX - Two federal court hearings in Phoenix ended Thursday without a ruling on whether the state's new immigration law should take effect amid a flurry of legal challenges against the crackdown.
During a Thursday morning hearing, Judge Susan Bolton told lawyers for the American Civil Liberties Union that she's required to consider blocking only parts of the law, not the entire statute as requested.
A lawyer for the civil rights group says the law's provisions are designed to work together to prod illegal immigrants from the state, which he says is unconstitutional.?????

Bolton repeatedly questioned Kneedler to explain how specific provisions intruded on federal authority. "Why can't Arizona be as inhospitable as they wish to people who have entered the United States illegally?" she said.

Only the beginning, but a great beginning. Judge knows the case backward and has already made her ruling.

Ariz. judge raises the realities of porous border
Ariz. judge raises the realities of porous border - Yahoo! News

U.S. District Judge Susan Bolton also went beyond dry legal analysis to point out some of the everyday realities of illegal immigration and how that applies to the new law.
Without prodding from attorneys, the judge noted that the federal government erected signs in a wilderness area south of Phoenix that warn visitors about immigrant and drug smugglers passing through public lands. She said the stash houses where smugglers hide immigrants from Mexico before bringing them into the country's interior have become a fixture on the news in Arizona.
Bolton, an appointee of former President Bill Clinton, repeatedly questioned Justice Department attorney Edwin Kneedler to explain how specific provisions of the law intruded on federal authority as he had argued.
"You can barely go a day without a location being found in Phoenix where there are numerous people being harbored," said Bolton, who didn't issue a ruling after the two hearings.

I bet my last dollar that she will rule out some and leave others intact. If she rules agains the law entirely, not to fear as there will be other laws that will surface that WILL be allowed to go forward with this problem of illegals running around free in this country as if they were invited guests and as if this country had laid out the red carpet for them.

Word up, people: the sun also rises in the EAST. I know, it may challenge the facts because it happens more often, even so. Illegal aliens are...Jesus, YOU figure it out already. Or do you need a Judge to tell you the obvious?

I bet my last dollar that she will rule out some and leave others intact. If she rules agains the law entirely, not to fear as there will be other laws that will surface that WILL be allowed to go forward with this problem of illegals running around free in this country as if they were invited guests and as if this country had laid out the red carpet for them.
Several other states are going to try the same law and there are several other federal districts.......

jus' sayin'
:eusa_whistle:

Let's do a poll and see what the PEOPLE of Arizona feels about the issue...it's much better way of governing than a bunch of Sanctuary lawyers. Let's end the lobbying by the Latino community who feels threatened that may have to play by the rules. It's not that you are Latino that's the issue; it's whether you have the right to be here. If you went through the line to come here lawfully, that's what we expect from 100% of you.

Last edited:
With or without SB 1070, it will never be the same for illegals again. The Feds WILL begin to comply with the laws already in the books especially the laws enacted after the 1986 amnesty compliments of Reagan!

Let's do a poll and see what the PEOPLE of Arizona feels about the issue...it's much better way of governing than a bunch of Sanctuary lawyers.

we already know how arizona polls, they favor this bill. That doesn't mean a judge shouldn't check its constitutionality.

I saw a map of Sanctuary cities...yet i don't see the Fed Gov't going after them.

Oh they will, trust me. It's not over until it's over. We are just beginning to see what is going to happen come Thursday. The american people will demand that the feds start complying with the immigrations laws! The american people have spoken! They will stand for NO less.

Several other states are going to try the same law and there are several other federal districts.......

jus' sayin'

that's why there's a supreme court.

just sayin'

and i'm still waiting for the o/p to answer my question.

Let's do a poll and see what the PEOPLE of Arizona feels about the issue...it's much better way of governing than a bunch of Sanctuary lawyers. Let's end the lobbying by the Latino community who feels threatened that may have to play by the rules. It's not that you are Latino that's the issue; it's whether you have the right to be here. If you went through the line to come here lawfully, that's what we expect from 100% of you.

Um there have been many Polls in Arizona already. They overwhelming support all aspects of the law. Even the Hispanic Population has majority support for it.

jus' sayin'

that's why there's a supreme court.

just sayin'

and i'm still waiting for the o/p to answer my question.

Yep, and I am sure you and your Liberal Pals spend late nights doing dances trying to bring about the death or retirement of a Traditionalist Judge form that Court so Obama can appoint a lefty and swing the court into his favor so he can ram though more unconstitutional BS and have a Judicial Activist Liberal Court to make it Legal.

The people of AZ have already said that they approve this bill - 60%, if I remember correctly. And remember, among those 60% are many, many hispanics!

The people of AZ have already said that they approve this bill - 60%, if I remember correctly. And remember, among those 60% are many, many hispanics!

Actually the last poll put over all support at 74% and Hispanic support at about 56%

The only way to describe it in Arizona and Nationwide. Is an overwhelmingly Popular BILL. Yet if you listen to the Liberal media you would think Most Americans hate it. The Last nationwide poll put Support at 77% and over 50% wanted there state to Pass a similar Law. Which is why this is such a HUGE POLITICAL Mistake on Obama's Part. He thinks he is buying support in 2012 and the cost of Democrats in the Mid terms. How ever he is trying to buy support from a small section of the Population, that he already had support from, at the cost of Pissing off about 3/4 of the Population. Simply not smart, and rather rude to his Fellow Democrats who are going to feel the wrath in November. He is tossing them under the boss and looking forward to 2012, perpetual Campaigner that he is.

Last edited:
Let's do a poll and see what the PEOPLE of Arizona feels about the issue...it's much better way of governing than a bunch of Sanctuary lawyers.

we already know how arizona polls, they favor this bill. That doesn't mean a judge shouldn't check its constitutionality.

I saw a map of Sanctuary cities...yet i don't see the Fed Gov't going after them.

If this arizona law is found to be unconstitutional it will set a precedent that those sanctuary city laws are unconstitutional too.

Every cloud has a silver lining.

Forum List

Back