Judge: Corps’ failure led to Katrina flooding

I merely pointed out that the judge's ruling puts the onus on the COE, and THEY work for the CinC. If the COE had not failed in their construction of the levies, the levies would not have failed and the ninth ward would not have had any such horrificdamage to mitigate.

got it, gay hack? good

if anyone in your family would have been a lawyer...you would know that mitigating damages is relevent regardless if the other party is wholly at fault.....

but i doubt you would have come from a family blessed with such genes.....

"Duval sided with six residents and one business who argued the Army Corps' shoddy oversight of the Mississippi River-Gulf Outlet led to the flooding of New Orleans' Lower 9th Ward and neighboring St. Bernard Parish."

Duvall is an idiot! read the book "The Great Diluge" It will tell you that when a hurricane comes ashore the wind is blowing in one direction,, enter the storm surge from the gulf, when the eye passes over the wind changes direction enter the water from Lake P. Same thing happened in Galveston 1900 read the book Isaacs Storm. NOLA is doomed always will be cause it is below sea level and has a giant lake on the other side. "Water always wins that's why we have the grand canyon." I don't remember who I heard say that but it's the truth, and no corps of engineers can change that, this is just another scheme to rip off the taxpayer.. Asswipes! democwatRats always need someone to blame for their shortcomings.

Last edited:
I merely pointed out that the judge's ruling puts the onus on the COE, and THEY work for the CinC. If the COE had not failed in their construction of the levies, the levies would not have failed and the ninth ward would not have had any such horrificdamage to mitigate.

got it, gay hack? good

if anyone in your family would have been a lawyer...you would know that mitigating damages is relevent regardless if the other party is wholly at fault.....

"Duval sided with six residents and one business who argued the Army Corps' shoddy oversight of the Mississippi River-Gulf Outlet led to the flooding of New Orleans' Lower 9th Ward and neighboring St. Bernard Parish."

my bad to assume anyone in your family was ever a lawyer....because you obviously have no idea what mitigate damages mean....or the word mitigate....because a non lawyer could have used english to figure that out....

how sad for you, especially if anyone in your family was actually a lawyer

got it, gay hack? good

by that logic, you should be an expert on the torah:lol:

the torah? why? are you drunk again? be ware the midnight vigil......

but i doubt you would have come from a family blessed with such genes.....

my bad to assume anyone in your family was ever a lawyer....because you obviously have no idea what mitigate damages mean....or the word mitigate....because a non lawyer could have used english to figure that out....

again.... nagin and blanco and brownie certainly screwed up after the fact and made many mistakes which added to the hardship suffered by those folks whose homes were washed away in the lower 9th ward and st, barnard parish.... but if the COE had not fucked up before the fact, there would not have been homes washed away there in the first place..

my bad to assume that anyone in your family ever got married.

By contrast, the plaintiffs' team of experts said the outlet became a "hurricane highway" that funneled storm surge into New Orleans. They said that without the channel, the flooding would have been minimal.

this sounds too easy,, all the corps need do now is fill that channel up.. then no more floods to worry about.

Since Katrina I've always advocated turning New Orleans into the nations biggest land fill.

Who fucking gives a fuck about if someone's family member is or isn't a lawyer?

What the fuck does that have to do with anything?

What, does having a family member whose a lawyer mean you are a legal expert?

I had a family member who flew in the battle of Britain. That doesn't mean I know how to fly a fucking Spitfire.

Fuck, you make some stupid posts.

Last edited:
BTW, I also though Nagin's biggest failures came after the storm (and after the city was drained). Prior to the storm he did okay.

He did not have the time, resources, and legal authority to go door to door and force people to evacuate.

As it stands, I woke up that Saturday morning, saw his press conference where he begged people to leave the city, and took his advice. Many people didn't. However, once the city started flooding and people started descending on the dome, he had nowhere to go with them. The oft shown pictures of the school buses underwater are nice, but waterlogged buses aren't going to evacuate many people.

It also didn't help that the Gretna Police barricaded the Crescent City Connection and prevented (with the threat of lethal force) people from getting to dry land and supplies.

Yes, you heard that right, in the United States of America, a police force illegally impeded citizens from utilizing a bridge their taxes paid for.
Yes, that was revolting. What action, if any, was ever taken against those officers

I had a family member who flew in the battle of Britain. That doesn't mean I know how to fly a fucking Spitfire.

bingo

yurt's faults are quite egregious

He seems to be becoming a Bigger &Bigger douchebag with each passing day.:lol:

So what?

So What?!

Here's what.

The Katrina disaster was the logical outcome of what happens when we put a person in office who hates the idea of government.

The FEDs failed to respond in a timely and approriate manner because Bush II believes that governments only real purpose is to channel money from the tmiddle class axpayers to his already too rich buddies.

Sadly, none of his rich buddies were in the disaster relief business.

Last edited:

That's a LOT of Cursing for you, GTH...

:)

peace...

bingo

yurt's faults are quite egregious

He seems to be becoming a Bigger & Bigger douchebag with each passing day.:lol:

It looks like the only douchebag would be you, Maineman...looking at your childish posts. just sayin....

bingo

yurt's faults are quite DELETED

He seems to be becoming a DELETED douchebag with each passing day.:lol:

reported

quite simple really....maineman has used his family member to insult me numerous times, so i didn't think it was off limits...i've recieved a warning and will act accordingly....

• Thanks
Reactions: del

Forum List

Back