Judge: Black church rightful owner of KKK store

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — After a lengthy legal battle between a black South Carolina church and members of the Ku Klux Klan, a judge has ruled that the church owns a building where KKK robes and T-shirts are sold.

A circuit judge ruled last month that New Beginnings Baptist Church is the rightful owner of the building that houses the Redneck Shop, which operates a so-called Klan museum and sells Klan robes and T-shirts emblazoned with racial slurs. The judge ordered the shop's proprietor to pay the church's legal bills of more than $3,300

The "Redneck Shop"-how appropriate!

Judge: Black church rightful owner of KKK store - Yahoo! News

Intramural fight within the Klan over a woman leads on of the membership to dead ownership to a church. While some folks here are going "Goodie, one in the eye for the klan" I am wondering how anyone can justify a member of the organization assets belonging to the organization without that transfer being approved by the organization. If it belonged to the guy who transfered the property, that is one thing, but if it belonged to the klan, that is something else.

Wow!
Hopefully the church can charge the KKK rent...maybe back rent?

I think the church should leave it open and do a case study on the IQ of the redneck.

Intramural fight within the Klan over a woman leads on of the membership to dead ownership to a church. While some folks here are going "Goodie, one in the eye for the klan" I am wondering how anyone can justify a member of the organization assets belonging to the organization without that transfer being approved by the organization. If it belonged to the guy who transfered the property, that is one thing, but if it belonged to the klan, that is something else.
Where does it say that the building belonged to the Klan? All what it says is that the former Grand Dragon of the Carolinas, John Howard, is the proprietor of the store that sells the KKK attire. I would guess that the man who gave Kennedy the building had the right to. Maybe the deed gave him the right to sell the place and gave Howard the right to operate the store until he died.

And with that said:

Goodie, one in the eye for the Klan!

Forum List

Back