Jude 1 of The Bible's NT vs Gays: A Tutorial On Baking Cakes & Adoption

Here, let's read Romans 1 again of the NT which is a direct accounting of Jesus' teachings:

[18] For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
[19] Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
[20] For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
[21] Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
[22] Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
[23] And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
[24] Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
[25] Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
[26] For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
[27] And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
[28] And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
[29] Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
[30] Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
[31] Without understanding, covenant breakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
[32] Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

So in Romans 1:27 "men burning with lust for other men leaving the natural use of women" isn't a reference to homosexuality? :lmao:

Syriusly? You said in post #174 that Romans 1 made no reference to homosexuals. What do you suppose Romans 1:27 was referring to exactly? Did you insinuate I was making up Romans 1:27? Are you even worried at all about your credibility here? :popcorn:

Which do you suppose God reserves the worst punishment for? Those failing to obey the ephemeral laws of men? Or those failing to obey the perennial laws of God?

I have never quoted the voices in your head.

But if you want to quote from the Bible- show us that quote that condemns gay marriage. Jude 1- Romans- I don't care which one.
The Bible condemns gays, period. So does the koran and the Old Testament, ie, muslims and Jews.

The Bible...and the Old Testament.....lol.......my Bible includes the Old Testament.

Feel free to give us those quotes that condemn two women having sex.

Go for it.
You mad the Jews don't observe the New Testament? lol

None of the world's major religions other than atheism supports homos. Get over it.

No- I am amused by the ignorant bigots who tells us the Bible- and the Old Testament condemn homosexuality. LOL. That is like saying that the Constitution- and the Bill of Rights both protect our rights to own guns.

I notice you aren't even literate enough to try to find that quote.
Don't think we didn't notice your aversion to condemning muslims for their rejection of homos. Jews, too.

Not very inclusive of you. :)

Show me where Muslim Americans or Jewish Americans are advocating passing laws to harm gays in America- and I will condemn them too.

I am no fan of Islam- but it isn't Muslim Americans who are the snowflakes whining that they are being 'oppressed' by being asked to follow the law in the United States.

Here, let's read Romans 1 again of the NT which is a direct accounting of Jesus' teachings:

How can it be a 'direct accounting of Jesus's teaching- when Romans 1 is supposedly by Paul- who- again according to the New Testament- never met Jesus.

You even lie about the Bible.

Have you no shame

(I know- rhetorical question)

All accounts in the Bible are not direct words of Jesus. Remember he was dead already and the Bible's NT is eyewitness apostles?

Are you saying that the NT should be abandoned and not followed by Christians therefore? That's a hellof an argument for the gay gestapo vs Christian baker arguments coming up. Spam away. I'll just repost Romans 1 on each new page.

As long as faux Christians quote the New Testament as an excuse for their bigotry- I will gladly quote the New Testament and remind you that Paul explicitly told you Christians to obey the law- or face the consequences of disobeying God.

You are an anti-christian. To a hammer everything looks like a nail. You anti-Christians, especialliy the pro muslim and pro jewish ones, spend considerable time doing two things...ferreting out fake Christians and bible thumping.
You suck at both. Your knowledge of the Bible is way too thin for Bible thumping though I am sure you have studied it extensively.
So I'll humor you a little (though I despise you bible thumpers). Since you set the rules for other religions please explain where Christians get their guidance based on this...

1 Timothy 3:15 ...if I am delayed, you will know how people ought to conduct themselves in God's household, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth.

The Bible condemns gays, period. So does the koran and the Old Testament, ie, muslims and Jews.

The Bible...and the Old Testament.....lol.......my Bible includes the Old Testament.

Go for it.

None of the world's major religions other than atheism supports homos. Get over it.

No- I am amused by the ignorant bigots who tells us the Bible- and the Old Testament condemn homosexuality. LOL. That is like saying that the Constitution- and the Bill of Rights both protect our rights to own guns.

Don't think we didn't notice your aversion to condemning muslims for their rejection of homos. Jews, too.

Show me where Muslim Americans or Jewish Americans are advocating passing laws to harm gays in America- and I will condemn them too.

I am no fan of Islam- but it isn't Muslim Americans who are the snowflakes whining that they are being 'oppressed' by being asked to follow the law in the United States.
They most certainly are. Read the CAIR Handbook for Whine. Nothing but grievances.

But hey, argue with muslim bakers, not me. :)

So in Romans 1:27 "men burning with lust for other men leaving the natural use of women" isn't a reference to homosexuality? :lmao:

I don't see any reference there to women burning with lust for other women.

Does Romans 1:26-27 condemn homosexuals?

There is no cultural indication, no doctrinal indication, no historical indication, no linguistic indication, no literary indication, no religious indication, that Paul intended to blast lesbians and gays in Romans 1:26-27.

Instead, Paul chooses as his illustration, the worst possible transgression of pagan Gentiles, the sin of idolatry, so that the Jews in his reading audience will be saying, "Yes, Yes, they're guilty!" Then Paul will spring his rhetorical trap in 2:1 when he declares that Jewish idolatry is just as sinful as Gentile idolatry and therefore, in chapter 3:23, everyone is guilty. Here is how Paul puts his argument together.

The context of Romans 1 is pagan worship of false gods, particularly Cybele, known in the first century as Protectress of Rome or Magna Mater - Great Mother. I devote three pages on this website to answering the question: Why is Cybele vital to understanding Romans 1?

I also point out that early Christian writers like Aristides understood Paul to be describing Cybele worship. Paul has a particular goal in mind when writing to the church at Rome. That goal involved presenting the glorious gospel of Christ, Rom. 1:16-18.

The gospel reveals and declares the wrath of God against sin, that God punished Jesus for our sins when Jesus died, as us for us, as our Substitute. Yet no one gets saved until s(he) understands that s(he) is a sinner who has transgressed God's holy law for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Therefore, to make it clear that all are sinners, Romans 3:23, Paul references idolatry, pointing out the idolatry of Gentiles who worshiped false gods, and by implication, the idolatry of Jews because in the OT, they also broke God's law and worshiped the false gods of the Gentiles. Their particular worship of false gods involved same sex sexual rituals, Lev 17:7, 18:3, 21-22, 20:2, 3, 4, 5, 13, Deu 23:17-18.

Paul uses words like akatharsian in Rom 1:24, the same Greek word used in the Septuagint translation of the OT to describe shrine prostitution and shrine prostitutes. Almost everyone who read Romans 1 in the first century would have been struck by the link to shrine prostitution which Paul's use of akatharsian indicated.

To support his argument, in Rom. 1:26-27, Paul cites examples of idolatry utilizing the idolatrous behavior of Gentiles in the OT and the idolatrous behavior which was part of everyday life in mid-first century Rome. That idolatry was the unholy worship of Cybele, also called Minerva and other names, depending on one's cultural heritage.

Go for it.

They most certainly are. Read the CAIR Handbook for Whine. Nothing but grievances.

Two things about your video "evidence"
1. the bakeries that were asked DON'T make wedding cakes in the first place
2. the bakeries that were asked are located in Michigan which does NOT include sexual orientation in its PA laws.

As long as faux Christians quote the New Testament as an excuse for their bigotry- I will gladly quote the New Testament and remind you that Paul explicitly told you Christians to obey the law- or face the consequences of disobeying God.

You are an anti-christian. .

No- I am anti-asshole bigots like you.

The vast majority of Christians are not asshole bigots like you- and I have no issue with them. Frankly the majority of my friends and family are Christians and they are wonderful people- and not asshole bigots like you.

50 years ago, bigots like you used your 'religion' as excuse for discrimination against blacks. 100 years ago for discrimination against Jews. 150 years ago as an excuse for slavery.

Just don't be an asshole bigot, and I am not anti-you at all.

2. the bakeries that were asked are located in Michigan which does NOT include sexual orientation in its PA laws.

1. They agreed to bake the wedding cake, until they discovered it was for a gay wedding, and
2. There is no law other than islam which prevents them from doing so.

Go for it.

Except not one of the bakeries actually refused to bake a gay wedding cake.

One of your fellow Conservatives generated that fake news- and fed it to his gullible followers- like you.

Rush Limbaugh, Dearborn and the Muslim Baker Bigotry Myth | HuffPost

A heavily edited video in Dearborn, Mich. which also is my hometown. The video is complete bull.

In the video, some conservative Faux News wannabe called Steven Crowder acts out a bunch of flaming-gay stereotypes while asking for offensive and silly titles to be put on a wedding cake. This included asking for “Same Sex 4ever” to be emblazoned on his cake because, you know, someone would actually pay for that.

Amazingly, none of his requests are refused. Heck, I would’ve turned him away just for being such an idiot. What he’s asking for is also fair game for refusal because, uh, the word “sex.” These guys know what kind of game they’re playing.

In one scene, a woman wearing a hijab is handling his order. She asks him, “Wedding?” Crowder replies, “Yeah.”

She asks, “Who’s the wedding for?”

Crowder jumps back in shock from the counter and practically shouts, “It’s for, uh, two people getting married.”

She’s just trying to be conversational, bro. Wallah. You want a gay wedding cake made by Muslims? Dearborn’s gonna bake it for you. Hamdullah.

In another scene, the guy goes to a bread bakery where they’re churning out fresh pita in a brick oven. It’s obvious there are no cakes or sweets in the bakery. The place just makes bread. Despite not being able to take an order for a wedding cake, the men behind the counter still refer him to a place where he can get wedding photographs across the street, inshallah.

The only person who answers negatively to Crowder is a fellow who works at Hallab bakery on Warren road. I’ve gotten Nammoura there before — it’s pretty damn good. Unfortunately, there’s one minor issue: Hallab doesn’t bake wedding cakes. At all. Hallab does cater for weddings if you want a nice assortment of Lebanese sweets — but they don’t bake wedding cakes. You can even look on their website.

You gullible bigots will believe any Fake News fed to you by your Contard fellows.

One of your fellow Conservatives generated that fake news- and fed it to his gullible followers- like you.

A heavily edited video in Dearborn, Mich. which also is my hometown. The video is complete bull.

In the video, some conservative Faux News wannabe called Steven Crowder acts out a bunch of flaming-gay stereotypes while asking for offensive and silly titles to be put on a wedding cake. This included asking for “Same Sex 4ever” to be emblazoned on his cake because, you know, someone would actually pay for that.

Amazingly, none of his requests are refused. Heck, I would’ve turned him away just for being such an idiot. What he’s asking for is also fair game for refusal because, uh, the word “sex.” These guys know what kind of game they’re playing.

In one scene, a woman wearing a hijab is handling his order. She asks him, “Wedding?” Crowder replies, “Yeah.”

Crowder jumps back in shock from the counter and practically shouts, “It’s for, uh, two people getting married.”

She’s just trying to be conversational, bro. Wallah. You want a gay wedding cake made by Muslims? Dearborn’s gonna bake it for you. Hamdullah.

In another scene, the guy goes to a bread bakery where they’re churning out fresh pita in a brick oven. It’s obvious there are no cakes or sweets in the bakery. The place just makes bread. Despite not being able to take an order for a wedding cake, the men behind the counter still refer him to a place where he can get wedding photographs across the street, inshallah.

The only person who answers negatively to Crowder is a fellow who works at Hallab bakery on Warren road. I’ve gotten Nammoura there before — it’s pretty damn good. Unfortunately, there’s one minor issue: Hallab doesn’t bake wedding cakes. At all. Hallab does cater for weddings if you want a nice assortment of Lebanese sweets — but they don’t bake wedding cakes. You can even look on their website.

You gullible bigots will believe any Fake News fed to you by your Contard fellows.

Speaking of gullible, you're actually arguing that muslims aren't anti-gay. Ask any rooftop in the homeland.

when Romans 1 is supposedly by Paul- who- again according to the New Testament- never met Jesus.
He did meet Jesus face to face. He was taught personally by Jesus.

Well supposedly he met the resurrected Jesus- I was wrong.

9 Meanwhile, Saul was still breathing out murderous threats against the Lord’s disciples. He went to the high priest 2 and asked him for letters to the synagogues in Damascus, so that if he found any there who belonged to the Way, whether men or women, he might take them as prisoners to Jerusalem. 3 As he neared Damascus on his journey, suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him. 4 He fell to the ground and heard a voice say to him, “Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?”

5 “Who are you, Lord?” Saul asked.

“I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting,” he replied. 6 “Now get up and go into the city, and you will be told what you must do.”

And according to the New Testament- that is the extent that Jesus 'taught' Saul- who became Paul.

Speaking of gullible, you're actually arguing that muslims aren't anti-gay. Ask any rooftop in the homeland.

Speaking of liars, you are actually lying again. I haven't argued that Muslims aren't anti-gay- some are, some are not.

But being the good little contard that you are- you revel in lying.

1. They agreed to bake the wedding cake, until they discovered it was for a gay wedding, and

How could a pita bakery agree to bake a gay wedding cake? LOL

There is no law in Islam which prevents any baker from baking any cake- unless it is made from pork.

Speaking of liars, you are actually lying again. I haven't argued that Muslims aren't anti-gay- some are, some are not.

No reason for your anger. Their official rule books all teach against homos. Your argument is with them, not with me.

How could a pita bakery agree to bake a gay wedding cake? LOL

There is no law in Islam which prevents any baker from baking any cake- unless it is made from pork.

There are laws against homos in all three Abrahamic religions. To argue there are no laws against gay bbq's or gay parades is asinine.

You are an anti-christian. .

No- I am anti-asshole bigots like you.

The vast majority of Christians are not asshole bigots like you- and I have no issue with them. Frankly the majority of my friends and family are Christians and they are wonderful people- and not asshole bigots like you.

50 years ago, bigots like you used your 'religion' as excuse for discrimination against blacks. 100 years ago for discrimination against Jews. 150 years ago as an excuse for slavery.

Just don't be an asshole bigot, and I am not anti-you at all.

Ahh Pope Syriusly :)
I dont care in the slightest if you are anti-me. But in addition to being an anti-christian you are a coward. Afraid to admit what you are.
I am glad your friends and family, all two of them, pass muster for the church of syriusly. But you dont get to choose who is or isn't Christian. You only get to seethe as Christians carry on and ignore your little cult.
Now back to your Bible thumping. How do you explain 1 Timothy 3:15? Wasn't that part of your study as you gained expertise in the Bible? People like you who run around thumping Bibles often have trouble with this verse.

Hre is another verse for you to ponder in your Bible studies... Galatians 4:16 "Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?"

LOL...St Paul obviously had acquaintance with liberals didnt he?

No reason for your anger. Their official rule books all teach against homos. Your argument is with them, not with me.

Muslims are not the ones lying about what I have said in this thread- the liar in this thread is the good little contard- you.

Why do you lie? Hell if I know what your motivation to lie is- I can't tell if you are anti-gay, anti-Christians, anti-Muslim or just anti-human being.

Forum List

Back