Judas Priest's Rob Halford: "when disco came along, the entire industry turned its back on metal"

Hmmm....Rob's memory might be a bit faulty but it depends on your definition of "metal". If you are going to classify everything considered rock and roll in the 70's as metal, then for a while, yes people turned their attention to disco.
But by the time Judas Priest really took off (1982), disco was LONG gone, in United States anyway.

disco killed metal? maybe metal wasn't so great then? ANYTHING new would've killed it!

Heavy Metal music and Rock N' Roll music killed themselves. They were not all inclusive. Just white kids going to rock concerts. Disco went on vacation to tour the entire Earth, and created the super club craze.!!That is now taking over the entire Earth.! Don't get me wrong, Rock N' Roll is not totally dead yet.?!

Heavy Metal music and Rock N' Roll music killed themselves. They were not all inclusive. Just white kids going to rock concerts. Disco went on vacation to tour the entire Earth, and created the super club craze.!!That is now taking over the entire Earth.! Don't get me wrong, Rock N' Roll is not totally dead yet.?!
Disco music is still taking over the entire Earth.! I love it!!

Forum List

Back