Juan Williams Has His Say

The Daily Show nails the story, everywhere it needs to be nailed...

Jon Stewart On Juan Williams: NPR Brought A Tote Bag Full Of Books To A Knife Fight With Fox (VIDEO) | TPM LiveWire

'jihadist inquisition' is priceless.

You and Stewart are misinformed. Far more than just FOX has been down on NPR for Juans firing and the way it was handled.

True. NPR is getting shat upon by virtually everyone in the media over this. I still think what they did was correct. I wonder why no one is asking the question "what exactly are the NPR editorial standards?" so we can all discuss what Williams' contractual obligations were and whether he breached them or not.

Jon Stewart On Juan Williams: NPR Brought A Tote Bag Full Of Books To A Knife Fight With Fox (VIDEO) | TPM LiveWire

You and Stewart are misinformed. Far more than just FOX has been down on NPR for Juans firing and the way it was handled.

True. NPR is getting shat upon by virtually everyone in the media over this. I still think what they did was correct. I wonder why no one is asking the question "what exactly are the NPR editorial standards?" so we can all discuss what Williams' contractual obligations were and whether he breached them or not.

Well I can tell ya their standards weren't that fucking high. They let Totenmoten say Jesse Helms should die of aids or perhaps one of his grandchildren and she's still there. So cry us a fucking river whydonchaya?

I see, you want to shout down Juan Williams, but you won't permit a rebuke of NPR.

Actually, I think this Williams episode has allowed the public one of the most interesting convos on First Amendment law we have had in ages, Revere. I am most anxious to hear why you feel anyone -- least of all me -- has "shouted Juan Williams down"?

Have I called for his arrest?

Have I spoken out against his new show on Fox News?

Have I suggested anyone sue him for what he said?

How, exactly, do you feel Williams' First Amendment rights have been impaired?

No, you want to shut people up by calling them things designed to just make them go away.

So my mouth has some super power I wasn't aware of? Jesus H. Christ.....hurt feelings are hardly "shouting someone down", nevermind depriving them of their freedom of speech.

More power you ya honey.

I am read the leftist blogosphere instead of the right, Charles Main, and I see just the opposite: apart from the Glenn Beck freaks, everyone supports NPR.

We all see what we expect, to a degree. This ain't the sort of issue that gets settled by mob rule.

Just for yucks, who are you reading?

Mob rule is trying to shut people up by calling them Islamophobes.

Apparently the "mob" needs a new plan, because that one ain't working. None of you Islamophobes has the sense to be ashamed of your Islamophobia.

I am read the leftist blogosphere instead of the right, Charles Main, and I see just the opposite: apart from the Glenn Beck freaks, everyone supports NPR.

We all see what we expect, to a degree. This ain't the sort of issue that gets settled by mob rule.

Just for yucks, who are you reading?

Mob rule is trying to shut people up by calling them Islamophobes.

Apparently the "mob" needs a new plan, because that one ain't working. None of you Islamophobes has the sense to be ashamed of your Islamophobia.

:cuckoo:

That's easy the editorial standard is to take down anyone who isn't a radical leftist.

According the Megan Kelly, it matters not what "NPRs standards" are. By their own admission, it was a "pattern" of Juan's editorizing on Fox News that finally got him canned. Megyn said that if he had strayed from the standards and NPR let it continue for a couple years, then they don't have cause for firing. They allowed it to continue with no admonishment. She claims that you can't fire someone the 100th time they do something. It has to happen the first time.

It seems to me that those who are screaming about Juan being a bigot clearly did not watch the WHOLE segment. They watched the clip... the clip takes what Juan said out of context. Time and time again, people howl about shit before they find out the CONTEXT of the remark. These people are, in my opinion, stupid.

New Topics

Forum List

Back