Joyce, are you ready to have your racial views changed?

Discussion in 'Race Relations/Racism' started by CharlestonChad, Feb 5, 2008.

1. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,425
    Not me, Jewish law/tradition says that.

Hell, ask jillian.

There are some reform rabbis who have pushed to include Jewish FATHER as making for a Jew, but I don't know if that's gotten anywhere.

2. mattskramer

mattskramer Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +361
    What if you are born to a Jewish family but then decide that you don’t want to be a Jew. Wow. That seems like a tough life sentence. “My mother was a Jew. I am an adult and I want to turn away from Judaism and denounce it. I can’t do it. I will forever be a Jew. Even if I want to be a Christian I am forced to be a Jew.

What if you were not born a Jew – can you become a Jew?

Gee what a tough club. If you are a member, you can’t get out. If you are not a member, you can’t get in.

3. actsnoblemartin

actsnoblemartin I love Andrea & April

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +410
    would u have the balls to say this if william was black and he hated whites?

if the answer is no, then shut up

4. mattskramer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +361
    Please be more specific. Are you responding to my comment? Would who have the balls to say what if William was black and he hated whites?

5. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +33,402
    Jewish law says that because you always know who the mother is, not who the father is. Was actually a practical application. But anyone can convert in.

As for father's blood... yes, that's gotten places. Was a big movement in Israel about it.

But don't worry, Hitler defined it as having jewish blood. He didn't discriminate between mother and father. That should comfort you.

6. jillian

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +33,402
    See my post above...

As for not getting out once you're in, well, that would be people like WJ who like that one.

7. mattskramer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +361
    Can anyone convert into Judaism, or is a blood transfusion required?

8. jillian

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +33,402
    No blood transfusion. Though there is the bit about circumcision after the studying.

9. Shogun

Shogun Free: Mudholes Stomped

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,320
    [​IMG]

Walter Sobchak: I'm saying, I see what you're getting at, Dude, he kept the money. My point is, here we are, it's shabbas, the sabbath, which I'm allowed to break only if it's a matter of life or death...
    The Dude: Will you come off it, Walter? You're not even fucking Jewish, man.
    Walter Sobchak: What the fuck are you talkin' about?
    The Dude: Man, you're fucking Polish Catholic...
    Walter Sobchak: What the fuck are you talking about? I converted when I married Cynthia! Come on, Dude!
    The Dude: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah...
    Walter Sobchak: And you know this!
    The Dude: Yeah, and five fucking years ago you were divorced.
    Walter Sobchak: So what are you saying? When you get divorced you turn in your library card? You get a new license? You stop being Jewish?
    The Dude: It's all a part of your sick Cynthia thing, man. Taking care of her fucking dog. Going to her fucking synagogue. You're living in the fucking past.
    Walter Sobchak: Three thousand years of beautiful tradition, from Moses to Sandy Koufax...
    [shouting]
    Walter Sobchak: You're goddamn right I'm living in the fucking past!

:rofl:

10. mattskramer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +361
    I think that you get the point that I'm trying to make.

People should stop categorizing people. I mean, if I believe that I’m a Christian, who is to declare that I am not a Christian (I think that the Pope can be wrong.) If I see myself as a Jew, who is to judge me and declare that I’m not a Jew. People are so quick to decide if one is a liberal or a conservative too. I give people my opinion on a few issues and, blam, I’m labeled a Liberal. Then I give my opinion on other issues and, blam, I’m a conservative. Also, don’t people have the right to grow, think, become undecided and then, after some time has passed, change their minds? I feel the same way about race. What if I paint my skin dark and use special makeup to make me look Black. I’m still me. Race should not make a difference any more. I wonder what would happen if I filled out a form and said that I was Black.

Oh well. I guess that you get my picture. I think that racial, religious, and political labels are used too often and are practically unnecessary. People are whoever they say that they are and, as for me, I’m a human far above any other label.