Joy Bahar jokes about wanting to see Romneys house burn.

You have a serious comprehension problem. I did not assert Romney said we shouldn't hire police officers. He said we should not hire MORE police officers.

Jesus, you are dense.

He never said that. You can't even find the fucking quote where he said that. Do you have multiple voices in your head telling you stupid shit, or just the one?

Will it tell you to jump off a building the day Romney is elected?

“He says we need more firemen, more policemen, more teachers. Did he not get the message of Wisconsin? The American people did. It's time for us to cut back on government and help the American people.”

That's from the OP link. A quote from Romney, speaking about Obama.

If that is not a clear message that Romney wants to cut back on cops, then what is it?

Those are federal responsibilities? Really?

Try reading a federal crime bill once in your life.

There's nothing that says the federal government cannot offer aid to state and local governments.

^^^
Riddle me that!

I'd prefer the FED stay the hell out of way.

I agree.

We don't have any federally funded police, EMS, fire guys here.

All locally hired and funded.

This is really a non-issue anyhow - as Romney never made the statement the Lib-turds think they heard him say.

His statement is being used totally out of context by the left-winged moonbats.

If this is all they have on Romney, Obama needs to start packing.

There's nothing that says the federal government cannot offer aid to state and local governments.

^^^
Riddle me that!

Who said there was, assbrain.

We've received grants here locally for construction projects. We couldn't get the repairs done without the grant. It's not the fucking government's money anyhow - it's the taxpayers, ya knuckle-dragging fucking moron.

Not surprising considering that modern American Progressives come from a long line of Fascists like Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, Fidel and the Jong Il's

Even Goldberg couldn't keep a straight face on The Daily Show trying to tie modern liberals to the macabre list you present. But that's a typical ploy of you pseudo-cons isn't it?

:eusa_liar:

I'd prefer the FED stay the hell out of way.

I agree.

We don't have any federally funded police, EMS, fire guys here.

All locally hired and funded.

This is really a non-issue anyhow - as Romney never made the statement the Lib-turds think they heard him say.

His statement is being used totally out of context by the left-winged moonbats.

If this is all they have on Romney, Obama needs to start packing.

...or haircutting that no one can remember...impersonating a cop as a prank?

Desparation times for the left.

Same here by the way with the Firefighters and Police.

Last edited:
Yesterday Mitt Romney claimed that it was “ completely absurd” of the Obama campaign to argue that he favors cutbacks in cops, firefighters and teachers. “The federal government doesn’t pay for teachers, firefighters or policemen,” Romney said, adding that they were paid by states and localities.

Looks like Romney is a real idiot.

What’s getting lost in the back and forth here is that Romney’s actual economic plan would, in fact, cut billions of dollars in federal money that goes to cops, firefighters, and teachers — perhaps more than $10 billion a year, in fact.

As Michael McAuliff reported yesterday, despite Romney's claim, the federal government does give billions of dollars to states and localities through programs like Title 1, the COPS program, FEMA and others — which pay for first responders and teachers.

Romney’s plan calls for huge federal spending cuts, though it isn’t specific about which programs would get cut. But a reasonable set of assumptions for analyzing it shows Romney’s plan would cut deeply into those billions.

Yup: Romney’s plan would indeed cut billions from cops, firefighters and teachers - The Plum Line - The Washington Post

And here it is, the FEDERAL web site for the COPS program: COPS Office: Grants and Resources for Community Policing

While you are there, look at this page: http://www.cops.usdoj.gov/Default.asp?Item=2367

The Fiscal Year 2012 COPS Hiring Program (CHP) is now closed. Approximately $111 million in grant funding will be awarded later in FY 2012 for the hiring and rehiring of additional career law enforcement officers in an effort to create and preserve jobs and increase grantee community policing capacity and crime prevention efforts.

Last edited:
If you say that good construction projects can be made with grants from the federal government.

And you say that the FED should stay out of the way.

Couldn't you say the FED should stay out of the way and not grant you back your tax dollars?

I'd think they would have to get in your way to grant your tax dollars back to you.

If you say that good construction projects can be made with grants from the federal government.

Couldn't you say the FED should stay out of the way and not grant you back your tax dollars?

I'd think they would have to get in your way to grant your tax dollars back to you.

The Fed - and you - can go fuck yourselves.
The Fed is not a revenue generator. They consume revenue.
What is it, in your mind, that you think the government actually produces?

It's NOT thier function, dope.

It just think it's hilarious that you're expressing implicitly that you have a right to your own taxed income.

When you got those grants for repairs, did you double check the grant didn't exceed what everyone payed in income taxes?

It just think it's hilarious that you're expressing implicitly that you have a right to your own taxed income.

When you got those grants for repairs, did you double check the grant didn't exceed what everyone payed in income taxes?

I didn't get the grant, dunderhead - the county did. Need the number to the courthouse? You can call there and dazzle them with your stupidity, vs. wasting it here on a message board.

Romney said we need to cut back on the number of cops. As President, he would be able to make this happen.

Then he, and others here, said the federal government does not fund or hire cops.

This is false. As I have indisputably proven, the federal government provides large block grants to communities to hire cops. If you think your locality only uses state money to hire cops, you are speaking out of your ass.

Without the federal grant money, many of the cops on the job would not have been hired.

Sorry to make your butts hurt.

For the record, Dubya cut funding to the COPS program in his last year or two as President.

This does not change the fact that the woman on the TV show is a bigoted (censored).

I didn't get the grant, dunderhead - the county did. Need the number to the courthouse? You can call there and dazzle them with your stupidity, vs. wasting it here on a message board.
When the county got the grant, did they check that it didn't exceed taxes sent to the FED?

There are some states that pay more in taxes than receive FED money. Of course, the mathematical identity suggests that some states receive more in money than they pay.

I am fine with that situation. Are you?

Forum List

Back